FansToys FT-44 Thomas (MP Astrotrain)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by eVac Z, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

Yes, that is a v. fair point @edgecrusher, but I was very clear to address it as an ubsubstantiated rumour.

Spreading fear/uncertainty/doubt has and never will be my style on these boards; I was simply thinking out loud having woken up to the 'news'.

As you were everyone.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unfortunately it doesn't matter how clear you are about it being a rumor, people will take the "headline" and run with it. Both people who overreact and panic, and those who see the idea of FT closing as a day to be celebrated.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

I've taken the rightful criticism from @edgecrusher on the chin and perhaps my wording indeed was off in seeming a little alarmist (as sb waiting on the second issue) but the word 'rumour' is at least in my post. The thread title itself on this subject has a statement in bold capitals and only a question mark to mitigate it.

Let's not get carried away in me single-handedly stoking this thing when it's against my beliefs to do so. As I said, I was thinking out loud, I shouldn't have, crisis over. The end of FT is the last thing I want to fan the flames for, and the last thing that should happen. Amazing company whose output, despite the odds, has seen an amazing year.

Back on topic, does anyone who has him know for sure if there's any movement from the shuttle door, or is it a fixed piece? There seems to be a panel line running through the yellow section (visible mid picture) but not the red. o_O 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I made that reply I hadn't seen that thread yet. Sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

No worries @Curium ! Hopefully it won't happen anyway. This latest one of theirs is too good!

So still no video reviews up? :tumbleweed: 

Even if the bigger name reviewers understandably take a little while to film their videos, hopefully at least one person who has him somewhere on this globe will put one up today. :thumb 

• Like Like x 1
  6. Conran

Conran Well-Known Member

I got mine coming tomorrow but all I can think "when's the blue repaint with optional Ringo Starr head".

7. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    For real!!??? Would you mind posting an example here? :) 

8. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Where?

9. KevinSig

KevinSig Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    This maybe?

Turbojet train - Wikipedia

unless you’re talking about the rocket platforms that have been in a couple Mythbusters episodes. Which were more of a rocket propelled cart, than a train.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Wow! Well, I think now it would be easier for me to accept Astrotrain's train mode as something "real". Now I need to find a dick shaped shuttle :lol 

11. Rogerimus

Rogerimus Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Thx ! This is how I'm going to display him: on one leg and from the back. Where's the blue ?

• Like Like x 1
  12. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Under Maintenance [-0%-]

News Credits:
    Nope. If you're going by that recently uploaded Chinese news report, they solely focused on Wei Jiang and Black Apple. Quietus and Challenger only were there because they were just literally standing there. Nothing else.

• Like Like x 1
  13. CaptainButtocks

CaptainButtocks Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Quite like the idea of a load of police having to sit through a briefing discussing third party companies and toys

"And now - options for a Masterpiece Springer. Each one to be arrested on sight... pay attention at the back!"

Back on topic, my Thomas should be delivered tomorrow. Whoop whoop! Choo choo!

• Like Like x 2
  14. RSZ

RSZ Banned

Current Fans Toys collection

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10
  15. Rich33

Rich33 Well-Known Member

Sorry, no door in shuttle - theres a train wheel on the other side of that panel.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Under Maintenance [-0%-]

News Credits:
    LOOK FOR THE ONE WITH WHEELS ON HIS FOREARMS, THAT'S THE WORST OFFENDER! :lol 

Nice on your copy coming soon, buddy! I'm still waiting for any news from TFSource on their stock coming, myself.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Quintessential Prime

Quintessential Prime Well-Known Member

FT44 is not a commodity in my view. If in years to come you or I sell our collections and FT are no longer producing these figures then yeah, I get that... sell it for more than was paid. What we're talking about to keep the focus is a product that is being bought up by people with the intention of selling immediately for more than its base value. It's a major problem within our community.

I think when the act of scalping is defended in any way, whether by people in here or on other channels, what those people are really saying is ... "that ebay listing for $550 is actually mine, and I hope one of you suckers actually pays it". We need to be helping each other out, not selling each other out. Defending it - to me - is just accessory to the cause.

From my view of things, once you are scalping fellow collectors it's hard to accept you as one of 'us' and you lose your place in this "collecting game" to me. And yes, "zero-morality" seems to be the number one cause for this type of behaviour anywhere, inside and outside of this hobby.

Call it what you will: Profiteering, gazzumping, privateering... it's all just scalping in the end. There's no real work involved with it and it's a real mar on the collecting society. Buying 3 or 4 FT-44's just because you have the disposable income to do so and then selling them for more money takes absolutely zero effort other than boxing it back up (that's even if you take it out of the box it was shipped in) and taking it to the PO (hell, you don't even need to go to those lengths now do you? You can have someone collect a package from your own home.

It's disgusting what people will do to fellow collectors. I hope no one bites to this and just sits back to wait for a reissue.

I missed the X Series pre order because of work hours but I'm just going to wait for more stock to arrive on the official channels. But yeah, it's a good parallel to draw.

I comment often to dissuade this kind of thing and it's pointless in light of the defence it gets. None-the-less, I feel better for trying to encourage those who haven't got hold of a figure to just wait a while and take a reissue if they possibly can.

To me it even feels like some of our well known retailers are taking to this scalping perspective. I have to ask why are "second batches" suddenly $15 - $30 more than the first batch? Where are they coming from? Who are they buying from? Are they just being "advertised" as "second batch" or are they actually using a part of their original shipment as "second batch" to squeeze more money out of FT products?

Second batch or not, it should be the same price as the first and retailers should be honouring that in my view, not feeding into this higher stakes bs.

Exactly, wait for another release. This product has to get one. It's too popular for FT not to reissue it somewhere down the line.

This kind of comment doesn't help (even in jest) because it just fuels people into thinking, shit, even at $550 I should buy this because FT won't be making anymore... when it is simply not true.

To be fair, any one person in this forum probably has / should have the common sense to avoid these ridiculous ebay listing anyway, and if not, more fool you, my friend. All I urge is for people to actively tell other collectors to avoid these types of listings.

Better yet, if you have a collector friend who is looking for an FT44 reissue down the line... work something out between you so you have two sets of eyes watching the preorder channels and order for them. If your wing man is at work and you see the post crop up "FT-44 BACK IN STOCK!" Put it in your basket, pay the deposit and work out between you how to settle the payment. I've done this for at least one other person within my collecting community and it felt great to help someone out.

I know we've disagreed on things in the past but this I have to agree with. No hard feelings to the original poster, I've read the thread and I understand you were saying this with humour. Unfortunately, people miss those sorts of underlying tones within writing unless it's made blatantly obvious. Just like people will assume I'm writing this in any particular way.... for the record, it's with an air of calm and civilised observation that I'm making these comments, not rage, not anger, not hysteria.

If there's any way we can dissuade "scalping" within our community then that can only be a good thing for those who are genuinely missing out.

--

Balance paid on my ONE copy of Thomas and I can't wait to get him in hand and make my own mind up about this figure :D 

• Like Like x 7
  18. Balzari

Balzari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All those FT figures are amazing but for me Roadking and Quietus are 2 of the most perfect Transformers I own, I'm hoping Thomas is right up there with them.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    anybody hear from Agabyss?

• Like Like x 1
  20. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Yeah, the turbojet train (and I think there was a similar German one) were the first that came to mind.

::edit:: Seems to be Russian, not German.

Also, while there are no jet-powered steam locos, there were turbine-powered ones:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3