FansToys FT-44 Thomas (MP Astrotrain)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by eVac Z, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

Curious... Did anyone keep their pre-order with baba? I've seen at least 5 people on this thread who requested and received refunds.

Also, how reliable is Show.Z? I never heard of them until this whole China shipping debacle started.

2. Shanxs

Shanxs Open your eyes. Can't you see?

Showz is very good.
    Go check. Last time i checked, it was also sold out.

3. Sylent

There seems to be more pre-orders, but they're asking for the full price including shipping ($214.99 + $18.00).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Keiman74

Keiman74 Perfect geometric shape box TFW2005 Supporter

Show.Z is good people and one of my go-to sellers. There's an entire thread dedicated to him if you want to know more.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bigsteve03

bigsteve03 Well-Known Member

I'll just preorder from The Captured Prey. Its always the cheapest option anyway.

6. MP Collector

MP Collector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Somehow I forgot to pre-order this one...which is a crazy mistake given that I have pre-ordered every other FT release. Just a mix up. Thought I had...then found out I hadn't.

I reached out to Agabyss and they confirmed that they plan to have enough come in to cover the pre-order allotment they have posted to their website....so I secured one through them. I've never ordered from their website before, but I have purchased from them at TFCons several times in the past and I know them to be reliable.

7. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

You’d better do some recent news research on that before you pull the trigger

• Like Like x 5
  8. finalepiphany

finalepiphany Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I kept mine with baba. mostly because i wasn't around when this all blew up and by the time i checked, everywhere else was sold out :( 

I also paid up front, just today. mostly because the canadian dollar looks to be on the downswing. sigh. collecting is really hurting the wallet up here

9. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah. This is more than north american sellers now.

• Like Like x 2
  10. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    This time last year I was buying a lot of my stuff from China, because of the savings over buying domestic (especially after some US stores started charging sales tax). But right now I'm buying domestic whenever I can. The shipping issues have pretty much negated the savings, and right now if I order from a US store I'll probably have my stuff a week later, but if I order from a Chinese store who knows when it'll actually arrive.

• Like Like x 3
  11. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I have to assume dude was being sarcastic...this figure isn't even available on CP. I don't see any recent preorders there and pretty much everything listed is sold out.

12. Sylent

I was thinking of just going with baba since he hasn't steered me wrong. Thing is, that "Difference" link he sent in the email last week asking for the balance of Thomas is generic and doesn't even have my order number. When I click it, it just says "Shipping Fee" with $1.00 USD as payment. No order number, no name, no address, no nothing. There are numbers, but none of them correspond to anything with regard to my order.

Normally, I would just send an email, but their English isn't very good and I end up with more questions than answers. I should probably request a refund and then just pay in full using a credit card in case this gets dragged beyond 180 days to protect myself in case things go awry.

13. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    I thought that came with an email that said how much to actually pay... so if the thingy is for 1.00 and he says your balance is 99, you choose 99 and the price comes to 99... that way you can use your coupons and stuff.

14. mirage426

mirage426 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I kept my pre-order. I ordered from his retail store instead of ebay. He has offered free shipping for years on pretty much everything he sold. Its not his fault they are messing with the shipping rates. I have gotten TFs from him that arrived in better condition than delivered by Amazon or Pulse. and Do we really think Thomas is going to weigh more to affect shipping more than a FT Dibot or Sovereign?

15. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    TFDirect still has pre-orders. Not sure if they will all get honored or not.

16. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I kept my pre-order but I ignored his request to pay in full as soon as possible. If it comes to the point where he insists, I'll request a refund on my deposit but otherwise I'm just going to leave things as they are until Thomas comes out.

I no longer trust TFD, especially with pre-orders. Can't remember who it was or in what thread but a member here pre-ordered something with them and when it finally came out several months later (outside the paypal protection window), his shipment got lost. TFD offered a partial refund (I want to say it was in store credit) but wouldn't refund the full amount, offering some sob story about how their business is struggling or something.

17. jxb1105

jxb1105 Well-Known Member

Agabyss still has their preorders up. Thing is, you'll have to pay up front to secure the preorder. I've bought tons of stuff from them in the past and they have great service.

18. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    That was me. All I got was a $20 store credit that expires in July.

• Like Like x 1
  19. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    Like when I got a cheeseburger from Wendy's last week and it was raw(inside and out). They offered me a free meal card. Told them no thank you, why the fuck would I want to eat there again? A check for the amount spent or lawsuit, their choice.

$20 in store credit so it can happen again? Nah, fuck dat

• Like Like x 2
  20. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

I will leave this here... :confused2 

• Like Like x 1