FansToys FT-44 Thomas (MP Astrotrain)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by eVac Z, Mar 16, 2019.

1. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    So more like this?
    upload_2020-4-30_10-40-36.jpeg

• Like Like x 22
  2. Futureye

Futureye Well-Known Member

Now, that’s angry...He/She is looking something down there...did he/she hit something...broken wheel perhaps? Poor little train. :D 

3. Ryuu

Ryuu It is Looooord!

I would love to have like a clip on face for train mod just for the meme........ Hey anyone with a 3D printer I will give you money for something like that.

4. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Argh. Baba's price is also $215 and additional freight may be charged. I wish I'd have jumped on the ToyDojo pre-order now. :( 

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anybody else get an email from baba saying he needs full payment now?

• Like Like x 6
  6. Madgame

Madgame Well-Known Member

Uhhh, Baba requesting payment in full. What???

Hello, my friend,

The manufacturer has resumed production and customers can pre order FT44 . The manufacturer will produce one by one according to the order in which the customer pays in full. In order to ensure that you can receive the toy in time, please make up the balance of the toy as soon as possible.

The price of this toy is $214.99
    you need to pay the difference:$205

Note: Due to the outbreak of global COVID-19, Preorder freight is calculated according to the freight before the outbreak. If the freight has not returned to a lower price after the toy is officially sold, we will charge the increased part according to the freight price at that time. I hope everyone understands!

• Like Like x 2
  7. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

Yeah same here.
    Yeah, that is what I got... Was puzzled to see the e-mail.

8. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So this is a made to order figure?

9. Madgame

Madgame Well-Known Member

I would think if this were a true made to order figure, a 'sold out' status wouldn't exist. You would order, pay, then get one at release.

This needs to be corroborated with other retailers.

• Like Like x 3
  10. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

I'm thinking this is more he has a set amount that he knows he'll get and it is now first paid first served once they do start sending them out in batches. At least that's what I get from reading his message.

• Like Like x 1
  11. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would be more concerned about that last paragraph about shipping. Even anything more than $5 would shoot it past US retail pricing. How is that even possible? US retailers have to factor in two shipments (one to them and then another to their customers). How is China becoming more expensive than them??

• Like Like x 1
  12. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

If this is true, then I am not surprised that FT figures sold out so fast! LOL

Or could it be just this time?

13. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I got the same email from Baba requesting payment in full also. Should i go ahead and pay in full or wait? the $214.99 is with shipping fees correct?

14. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You are speaking out of ignorance when it comes to the pricing increases on FT figures. The "huge" increase in freight is on the order of 10-20% more per kilo than in the past, meanwhile FT's price has increased around 30-35% of the overall solicited price for the product in the case of Berserk/Thomas. Most of that increase is unrelated to freight costs, though that provides a convenient excuse for the timing of the price increase.
    Sellers like baba that established themselves on eBay a few years ago through price arbitrage that enabled them to resell products acquired at the China market rate with none of the costs of a North American retailer, have continued to increase their prices over time to where they are only saving you a few bucks vs local retailers. They were leaving too much money on the table and had no reason to sell you the product for tens of dollars less than local retail price when most of the people who shop with baba will still buy it from them even to save only a few dollars.

• Like Like x 2
  15. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Got an email as well, given that he's currently charging $45-70 shipping on similar products, I'm extremely hesitant right now.

I don't mind paying the current price, maybe even $10-15 for a little extra shipping, but current shipping bumps him up to TT prices.

• Like Like x 1
  16. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Got the same email. He's back up for full price pre-order: Pre-order Transformers FansToys FT44 FT-44 Thomas G1 Astrotrain Action figure Toy

Sounds like FT has decided to make another production run based on how many guaranteed/full paid pre-orders get done. Rather than just $0, no penalty POs like BBTS where you can just submit an order, never pay and then just cancel it at any time. They're saying, people who pay up now - we'll make one.

17. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    Wonder how long we'll have before payment is needed

18. packetpc40

packetpc40 Well-Known Member

Got the same email. Ugh. Full payment Pre-order? Who knows when this thing will even see the light of day.

• Like Like x 1
  19. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Not to derail too much but what a world we live in where people pay $45 for GoBot-sized legends class figures. People were fleeing the high prices of larger figures only to wind up paying anyway. Reminds me of how every time I cut electricity usage to save money, the price per kWh or fixed transmission charges goes up so I don't.

But to get back on track, if you want to feel better about $200 for Astrotrain, go look at what NewAge and Magic Square are charging for legends these days.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well this is some bullshit. I'm not willing to pay up front on a pre-order unless I'm sure it's going to release within the 180 day paypal protection period. For now I'm going to leave my pre-order where it is and if they insist on full payment or they'll cancel, then I'll cancel. I want Astrotrain but I'm only willing to put up with so much to get him. The obscene price has already pegged the meter on what I'll put up with.

"No reason?" I mean I have no reason not to go around kicking puppies but that doesn't mean I'm going to do it. Chinese sellers can afford to sell for less because they're able to get it from closer to the source without paying the customs and other overhead that comes from being a seller in the US. If they're able to make a fair profit while charging less than the competition, then I'd argue they have no reason to sell for the same price as the competition. Other than greed, that is, I don't count that as a legitimate reason. I mean we have no reason to buy from them if we can get the same product for the same price closer to home, right?

On the other hand, I don't think it's as simple as that in this case. ShowZ will always undercut the competition if they can, yet their price is about the same and their listing doesn't allow for a deposit like usual. I'd bet that FT is enforcing this price and they're not allowed to price it lower, like we saw with XTB's Gravestone last year.

[edit] Hey, @ibot you've got a golden opportunity to undercut the competition here. I'd drop this product in a heartbeat if XTB announced their version of Astrotrain and I bet I'm not the only one.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 6