FansToys FT-43 Dunerunner/Dunerider (Masterpiece Beachcomber)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Seth Sunthay, Jul 14, 2018.

1. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster ...

News Credits:
    Gooble gobble...

Dude now you KNOW I gotta see it now, haha.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, he seems like a great guy and i'd love to get to know him, but i'm sorry, his reviews aren't of the same level of merit. I was out of the door with Brawn, and I bolted out and slammed it closed behind me with Minerva.

Well I was now out after Beachcomber, once he said "Oh by the way, I broke this".

[​IMG]

I only really skip to the end anyway just to get to the final thoughts most of the time, anyway. He just ends up filling the YouTube void with something almost exactly I don't want for a review, a 20+ minute tirade filled with him rambling on and on, fiddling through transformations and slapping Tigertrack on his table, only to get an opinion that in the end doesn't satisfy everyone. And let's not forget about our one required use of "I broke it."!

You know what, i'm gonna just get all this off my chest. I'm gonna try to keep it as concise as possible while trying to go a bit into detail just so I don't derail the thread. :D 

I've basically already stated my problems, reviews go on for too long and opinions end up not fitting everyone's shoes, for the sake of not giving enough of a recommendation for some types of collectors. My ideas for fixes? First and foremost, it seems like most reviews, with all due respect, haven't taken the time to delve deep into their editing software. I'd much rather watch a review in which more time was devoted to it through every phase of creation (preparation, review, post-production, etc) than one that goes on for damn long. I'd edit down my reviews mainly for time and also add a couple jokes here and there. I'd also make transformations a separate video, not to get more views from people watching the review (full disclosure: I do not give a flying rat's ass about popularity online. I'm a privacy freak and have always stayed on the down low. With YouTube, i'm gonna make that as close to my stigma as I can. But also I just wanna do this for the community, not for everyone and their kids), but to act also as a transformation guide a-la Paik's or Emgo's. Now on the part of the opinion, here's my newest idea. If I am allowed to, i've thought of putting up a Google Form for the figure I review, and include a questionnaire for TFW members only, and put all the ratings and opinions together for a "TFW Subjective Rating" for each figure. And with permission from some members, i'd have them write out a quick statement on their opinion of said figure and include that. Thoughts?

There. I'm done. BACK TO HIPPIE AUTOBOT ANDROID #16. :lol 

Fucking beautiful shots.

"Oh my! Bub-bub bu-de-boop it's PARADISE!"

Amazing work, my friend!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    hey thanks bud! :) 

3. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    2 more weeks till I get this guy in hand. Pretty excited.

4. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think I’m still leaning towards Arkose. I’ve got the original MP Bumblebee and think Dunerunner is too tall next to him.
    Wonder when all the Arkose’s will hit the resale market cheap??

5. Curt76

Curt76 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I received mine also,hopefully make it here before September 10 :) .

6. VelsR

VelsR Ancient of War

News Credits:
    Looks like a very decent figure, but why is he so tall...

7. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Selling mine at a decent price but depends where you are in the world. UK here.

8. StrangeAeons

StrangeAeons Well-Known Member

he does seem unnecessarily tall

9. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

News Credits:
    got mine but a little disappointed. his tabs for the back of vehicle mode are physically larger than the coutouts they go in, and his arm slot to peg into the side of vehicle mode was too small for the peg. i had to widen it to get the pegs in, and it was fully collapsed. 1 of my back wheels is also pegged in so far it is at a slight angle and won't roll at all. bot mode looks fine but the little issues with vehicle mode kinda ruin it. the design is great, but the implementation falls a little short.

10. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Australia. Post would kill any decent price im afraid

11. Knight Prime

Knight Prime QC 33

Beachcomber always was taller than Bumblebee in the cartoon. By how much depended on how much weed the animators smoked.

Screenshot_20200822-065843_YouTube.jpg Screenshot_20200822-071729_YouTube.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  12. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    bumblebee is the runt of the litter

13. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Cartoon is all over scene by scene though. Scale chart show Beachcomber as a runt too, marginally taller than Bee but smaller than the rest and definately nowhere near Hound height even after taking into account perspective.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dead End14

Dead End14 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

To me. That’s a Mp bumblebee problem not a Dunerunner problem

• Like Like x 1
  16. TylerB

TylerB Well-Known Member

Don't be an idiot like me, I forgot to collapse the forearm before I tried collapsing the insanely tight bicep slider and in turn sheared the little forearm peg clean off. Luckily, the forearm flap is really tight and holds it closed fairly well. I regretted not getting a second from the beginning and now I've got an excuse to...

17. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster ...

News Credits:
    Seems like they hotboxed WITH Beachcomber while ANIMATING Beachcomber.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yes he has 4 heads! a straight face, a smiling face, a laughing face and my favourite, the smiling while scanning information about his environment (in the cartoon it was the face he had when he learned how to speak “bird”).

I really like the transformation for this guy! Refreshingly quick and easy! Actually my only complaint is that the elbows only bend 90 degrees. This is the case for my last 5 FT bots now (Maverick, Iceman, Goose, Sheridan and this guy). Why does FansToys hate elbow articulation???

Anyway, have a quick transformation sequence :

7F9F8578-29E4-4EE2-A41B-CF0D885B270A.jpeg 11FDBA5D-2C6E-4835-A7C9-ED5A2A67EEAC.jpeg 1FFB1A69-4DD2-4348-9E45-A9F6B33C0B64.jpeg 679BADC6-2F5B-4025-A36D-1A2AFEABED8C.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  19. Dead End14

Dead End14 Well-Known Member

Nice and yeah FT really needs to get their articulation on track.

Since the obviously have the best mold/sculpt designer. They should also get the best guy for articulation.

• Like Like x 2
  20. imest

imest Well-Known Member

I am starting to believe they forego articulation to give fans a reason to purchase the competition’s bots. Let the conspiracy theories begin!

• Like Like x 1