FansToys FT-43 Dunerunner/Dunerider (Masterpiece Beachcomber)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Seth Sunthay, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As long as it takes. ;) 

Right now my Badcube Brawn looks to be safe.

Here's hoping that it stays that way for my wallet's sake. :lol 

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  2. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    freneticvirus lightened the pic in the warpath thread

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember getting rid of Arkose the night I got it, so this is a VERY welcomed announcement. BC Brawn has served me well, but I'm open to checking out what FT can do with the design.

Tldr: bring it onnn!

• Like Like x 1
  4. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

Looks good, but as the lone weirdo on the planet who doesn't want his minibots mini I'm guessing these will be too small for me.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is tough. The FT Warpath looks amazing and I will reluctantly move my Veteran edition BC Wardog to another shelf or collection. It will suck but it's simply no contest.
    Beachcomber? I honestly can't see that happening. Arkose is spectacular still and looks the part in both modes. There's really not enough that needs to be done to him. He's already clean enough to meet the toon accuracy standard and his size is perfect. FT looks like it might be a little bigger? Worse thing though is FT's suffers from their Seasprays heroic chest syndrome. Beachcomber wasn't meant to look like a bodybuilder, the chest shouldn't be that much broader than the waist and abs. So that's an easy pass.
    As for Brawn, I'm not sure. I never really liked BC's version, though I've been close recently to just picking it up to finally have Brawn in teh collection. FT's? Doesn't quite do it, at least not as it stands now. His problem is the opposite of Seaspray and Beachcomber - Brawny should have a bulky chest and torso. He's meant to be "thic". This looks so skinny, I honestly wasn't even convinced it WAS Brawn until I saw the lightened photos and could make out his head. As it stands now, this doesn't quite cut it.If FT re-engineer (and they often do) They may get my interest later.
    I was actually trying to crop Brawn out of the pic and I grabbed the wrong handle in MS Paint and accidentally squashed the pic. I think it actually looks more like Brawn should this way!! Though I did take his head from the unaltered sillouhette as the compressed version was a little bit too reminiscent of X-Men's Juggernaut.
    upload_2018-7-15_23-18-58.png upload_2018-7-15_23-25-12.png [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  6. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm waiting for these. BC is just not that good to me, between his leg kibble and just looking always off to me.

Beachcomber is tough. Between the backpack, though not big, still hangs out and the roll bar heels. I agree the rest is near perfect but I still see room for improvement. Plus, FT looks like they did away or hid the front headlights and suspect we'll get the proper gun with him too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rjp3

rjp3 Well-Known Member

That squashed pic seems right, except it could still stand to have a bigger head. I'm wondering if maybe FT will get the alt-mode right, because he certainly wasn't a Land Rover...

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  8. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

I'm definitely interested in the Beachcomber just because he is a personal favorite. I agree the biggest thing that looks off on that Brawn is the head seems to small compared to the body.

9. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

I'm down for these if they are they same size as their Seaspray.
    carry on...

• Like Like x 1
  10. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Warpath is a slam dunk. Looks amazing. These two I'm not so sure after the lightened pics.....Beachcomber looks like he's hunching his shoulders, or almost like hes jacked and Brawn's head looks tiny. Not sure 'comber can be saved but a bigger bonce on Brawn would really enhance him.

11. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    i was thinking the head could do with being a tad bigger but what we really need is actual non blacked out clear pictures , i hate it when third party's do this or blurr them just show all your cards if you have them to show ffs!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

Brawn doesnt seem to be as chunky. Seems similar to their Seaspray. Happy with BC version of Brawn. But may go for Beachcomber.

13. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

I welcome the announcement and may get these if they scale well.

14. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

This Brawn has never ever *heard* of “arm day.”

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wheeljoker

He's been kicking it with Toyworld Galvatron..there'll be no arm days..

• Like Like x 2
  16. Wheeljoker

Beachcomber for president 2020

17. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seems FT likes to go all slim "heroic" in their proportions for all figures. Works for alot of characters but it didn't work for their Seaspray and isn't working for their Brawn so far. I sold off Arkose because the price was right so I may pick up FT Beachcomber.

18. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have the v2 XTB version of Beachcomer as well as Badcube's Brawn but heck yeah, I'll be getting these as well. I'm sure FT Outback retool isn't too far behind.
    @Seth Sunthay Any chance this thread can be split into two separate threads for these two?

19. Madgame

Madgame Well-Known Member

I’m interested in upgrading my Badcube Brawny, but it would take an incredible version of Beachcomber for me to consider switching out Arkose.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unless something has changed I wouldn't expect a retool from FT. They have never done one (the closest is a different hose on Quakewave's last reissue). Of course the number of figures they have done that lend themselves to retools (since they didn't compromise to fit other characters in) is very limited. The only reports we have on Hoist (though this is secondhand so I don't know if it is true) is that it would be a different mold than Trailbreaker.