FansToys FT-42 Hunk (Masterpiece Brawn)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Sentinel, Oct 27, 2018.

1. toretilo

toretilo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Much better now.

Me too, but I supose I prefer the better bot mode over Brawny's realistic alt.

It will depend on the size for me, if FT Warparth is too small I won't swap.

2. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

I wasn't actually planning on replacing Brawny..damn you @dalianjj ;) 
    I kid,I kid. Loving this guy,really glad to see you guys going on more of the minibots too

3. Knight Prime

Knight Prime QC 33

Suspension of disbelief lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My belief system is based on FACTS and SCIENCE and LOGIC and "how would that actually work" PRACTICALITY. I need my "transforming alien lifeforms that take the form of earth vehicles" to be realistic. :D 

5. RetroElectro

RetroElectro Well-Known Member

Here's a digibash of the new renders. This is definitely replacing Brawny. I like that the latest update seems to have improved some of the design by moving or removing the assembled part seams and pins from the front of the bot. THis is something a lot of 3P guys still haven't done that well in. Maketoy's Meteor and Downbeat have this where the seams run down the front of the arms or legs. These are minor things but they all add up to how "premium" these things look to me. The chamfer or curved edge between the toes still looks a little strange though. I don't have a problem with the split feet, but those edges highlight the problem.
    It also looks like the helmet sculpt improved with the curves on the sides of the helmet having some surface depth to it vs just a simple cut to represent a line. That's another detail that makes cartoon accurate bots look good.
    But since this is a render vs a physical prototype, some of those details may not be real in the final product. Hopefully this guy scales better than Final Victory Brawn.
    -53971b3c3995ff6d-digi.png

• Like Like x 19
  6. Shunwei

Shunwei Well-Known Member

That headsculpt is really good but wish the legs and arms thicker. Perhaps that;s also why the vehicle mode looks elongated as well.

7. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My priority is bot mode, and this guy is nearly perfect in that department. :D 

• Like Like x 2
  8. Madgame

Madgame Well-Known Member

Nice, spot on with the colors!

• Like Like x 1
  9. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, much better looking now! I think my entire TF collection consists of about 50% FT figures, and at this pace will become the majority, though this practice of replacing figures is getting costly!

10. TotalMackerel

TotalMackerel Well-Known Member

Yeah I might have to get this now. Those first images I didn't feel like I needed it, but these latest adjustments have changed my mind.

• Like Like x 1
  11. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece, Encore and 3P collector

News Credits:
    Yep, that's my Brawn.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

Mmmmm. Fanstoys!!!

13. Cogwheels

Cogwheels Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Outstanding. If it looks half this good they are on to a winner

• Like Like x 1
  14. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I think I'll get this guy. Think I'll wait for a review though - see how the transformation is cuz dammit, I want my transformers to be fun to transform.

• Like Like x 1
  15. tk7261

tk7261 Well-Known Member

Man, I really wish this wouldn't have been pointed out so I could have been in blissful ignorance. This guy is so perfect except for this one thing. I wish this part were even just a bit lower or more flush like in the cartoon and G1 toy. I feel like if it was shielded down a bit my suspension of disbelief would kick in and Id be in love with the alt mode.

Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 3.02.38 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 3.02.21 PM.png

• Like Like x 2
  16. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

This reminds me of their Seaspray. Very much a heroic proportioned humanoid. Thin and closer to a humans proportions.
    That's fine if you wanna go that way. I passed on their Seaspray because I picture him as a squat, short little fat boy. Brawn is similar to me. I want my slick carbots to have human proportions. But I want my Brawn to be thick and short and stocky.
    BadCube's Brawny is closer to me. Closer to what I want. But I can see what Fanstoys is going for here and it's a good looking piece. Just not for me.

Their Beachcomber however, who I've always pictured much more svelte, more thin that Brawn, that's likely a buy.

• Like Like x 3
  17. keef

keef You stepped on my toes

I wasn't sold on this at first, but it's looking a lot better now. Needs more of a barrel chest and beefier arms imo, but I'm liking it a lot more.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Vanessa

Vanessa G1 Bonecrusher's #1 fangirl

I have the opposite issue, I find BC Warpath too big, my minibots need to be, well, mini.

Yep, 100% with you here. I went ToyWorld for Seaspray for the chubby look. BC for Brawn, ToyWorld for Cosmos, FT for Beachcomber and Warpath. I might swap my BC Outback if FT do him as a retool of Hunk though. But I do really like my BadCube Outback, so it would be a difficult decision. Then I just need Windcharger and Tailgate, as the XTB/KFC ones have no place in my collection.

19. IFIWASPRIME

IFIWASPRIME No matter the cost...

Damn damn damn, they got me again. Love my Wardog, Brawny always was to me "the masterpiece fill in", even though I like him.

20. Sayroll

Sayroll Member

Brawny was my first Transformer, so I can't wait to add this one to my collection.