FansToys FT-42 Hunk (Masterpiece Brawn)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Sentinel, Oct 27, 2018.

1. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    Preordered in October, and he shipped it a week ago. It's been with "the airline" since Saturday according to the tracking

• Like Like x 1
  2. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

Yeah, you and @unpunk have not had yours shipped yet. I honestly have no idea what made them ship some and not others. Hopefully it is just a case where they didn't get all of their orders in at once and are waiting for a second shipment that is due soon.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MaxPower

MaxPower Well-Known Member

Bought mine from him back in September from ebay.
    Had to contact him and send him pics of my Paypal payment.
    Then he sent me an email requesting $10 additional for shipment increases due to Covid.
    I paid. He said it's shipped. Been waiting just a week. His stuff usualy takes about 10-14 business days.

I'm getting stressed preordering from him through ebay. I have two other figures.
    I think Im done doing that. Its usually and still the cheapest but with these additional charges and the long waits past Paypal gurantees.
    I'm just going to buy through US stores and pay the extra costs.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 4249david

Ebay:
    Yeah, should have said that I needed to pay additional postage costs. They said they'd emailed me but I couldn't find it. I'd drop them a line to check

5. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I too live in CA, and yet I had to pay 15. Last time I'll be ordering through eBay from him.

6. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Moderator

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  7. werewolfspice

werewolfspice 4th Party Masterpiece

Just a heads up, for anybody still looking for Hunk, I just canceled my pre-order for him at VNC Toys. I don't know how they do things over there regarding POs but I decided to cancel it this morning and just got a very nice response from them and the money is already back in my account (had to pay in full up front). Anyway, I'm assuming that means if they every finally get the figure in, they should have an extra.

• Like Like x 1
  8. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

Grenadier is my favorite too, and had already made money on Mercenary and Forager last year. But Grenadier's price had gone up a nice bit that i couldnt ignore, so had to put him up. Just sold my dibots too, and i had expected those to be my final toys... they definitely were the nicest. Wish my MMC Feralcons were worth something...

Sticking with some of new releases, my favorites being the FT Stunticons, and FT Minibots. I am liking toys that are more compact / less kibble in both modes, and easier to transport with me should i ever need to go live elsewhere. Quite enjoying having my stunticons in car mode right now, so nice and compact and well detailed. The FT Minibots fit the bill too. Car mode works for me.

9. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Wow, Baba sent my Hunk last Saturday? And it's already in SF due to be delivered next Monday.

• Like Like x 3
  10. 4249david

Ebay:
    That'll be a good measure then. Mine was shipped on 24th and no update since Saturday. The joys of US vs UK shipping...

11. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Should be quicker to the UK actually. But perhaps there's some issues with UK post.

12. 4249david

Ebay:
    Mine still says delivered to airline so it's either still sat in China without moving, or it's here but hasn't been scanned at this end yet. I'm hoping it's the latter because at least then it's got here, which would seem to chime with what you said about it being quicker...perhaps it got here Wednesday or yesterday and the weekend crew will scan it? Here's hoping!

13. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

I tried to call them today and had to leave a voicemail with my order # and other information. Hopefully I get a response soon. If it worse comes to worse I'll just cancel my order and wait for a reissue. I don't know what the explanation could be. Oversold preorders? Maybe...

14. crdavismusic

crdavismusic Not A Well-Known Member TFW2005 Supporter

15. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Your Hunk has been hijacked by the British Hunk, Agent 007 ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  16. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah. I sent them an email last night and so far have no response.

I went ahead and ordered one of the few remaining from Pakforlife (spelling?) on ebay. I figure worst case I end up with 2 and given the situation I shouldn't have too hard a time selling one off (unless I decide I want doubles for some reason- but given his so so alt mode, I doubt I will). Hopefully I'm over reacting, but given the situation and the scarcity of these things (why? what's changed?), and the fact that I want him more than many FT products it seemed prudent.

I'll let you know if I hear anything on the email.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Virtual Venom

Virtual Venom Well-Known Member

Just got mine in. Haven’t messed with it much yet but QC 21 letting me down. The metallic yellow/gold on the chest is unevenly applied. Looks like I’ll have to hit up daliangg for a replacement. Though I have to see how difficult a part it is to replace. I circled the lighter areas in the pics. It’s hard to tell in pictures but in person it’s glaring.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  18. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So I ordered this from show-z for the first time (had to check my spam email to find balance request) but how long does it usually take them to ship? And roughly how long to Australia if anyone knows?

19. StrangeAeons

StrangeAeons Well-Known Member

they might be good examples as it was during the covid disruption that happened earlier this year. for one item (MMC Incursus) it took just over 20 days, for another item (Gigapower Gaudenter) it took almost 2 months.
    i paid my balance with ShowZ for Hunk a few days ago, i cant wait to see what this figure is like

20. bigwhitey21

bigwhitey21 Well-Known Member

Got mine today from the chosen prime.. Not sure how I feel about him. His bot mode is pretty good, but his alt mode is awful. I think I like the looks of my Badcube version better. *shrug*