FansToys FT-40 (Masterpiece Fortress Maximus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by corduroy, Oct 26, 2019.

1. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    few little things i don't like and they are little but no denying gabriel is the more stable and dynamic but out of the 2 i still prefer ft's and thats not me being a fan boy i have not bought everything of theirs , there's a few figures i wouldn't even entertain buying , the only thing tht bugged me at first on ft's is the shape of the yellow shin pads :)  there is a slight wobble in the hips of my terminus but it has never flopped moving it or fallen over

2. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I doubt this thing is anywhere near the horizon. They have been delaying their combiners for a while now specifically because they can’t figure out how to make them stable (maybe don’t put pointless diecast), but they also had an omega supreme that couldn’t support itself.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    But if it doesn't have heft, how can I physically determine that it is a good product?

• Like Like x 6
  4. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

On the other hand Fort Max's transformation is super simple so you would have thought the parts count would be low which should also mean that he's just nice and empty boxes all joined together. Compared to the parts count of all the Stunticons it'd be night and day. TR Fort Max isn't exactly heavy, I can't recall the last time I actually held him though...

Does anyone have an idea how much the FT Stunticons alone weigh?

5. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    I would hope anything that large and expensive would have more than a lay down, fold over transformation and offer considerably more interaction with other figures in base mode. I get what you're saying but any added in features would require additional panels and mechanisms.

6. Opticaloptics

Opticaloptics Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I wonder if this thing is going to have some form of die cast inner Skeleton/framework like some giant gunpla and all the limbs are basically shells that don't need to support all the weight.

7. nobody1898

nobody1898 Well-Known Member

It was the alt mode that put the FT over the top for me. I just thought the tank was more impressive

8. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    Gabriel looks more cartoon accurate and the transformation is super enjoyable.

I am a big FT fan, but I was bothered by TG's looks.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Dpuff

Dpuff Warning: buys toys at multiple locations

News Credits:
    I went with tg but really only bc i didnt own any other dx9s and didnt want that to be my first. Had several fts and went with what i knew. I dont regret it. Tg is solid. I really dont get where this "hips sheering off" shit comes from other than someone trying to convince themsleves. Also i have the strong belief that even tho ppl say they are gentle with their stuff the opposite is true. Not saying that qc issues dont exist bc they do unfortunately. I do like gabriel tho and would probably put more thought into it if i had it to do over again. Mainly for the slightly more toon aesthetic.

10. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, just look through the TG thread, everything for multiple pages before Marcelo taking him for a walk today is people replacing or asking about parts replacement. The only thread with more repair talk is the Constructor thread.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    Look, if your Constructor breaks, it’s your fault for cutting the tape on the box too roughly.

• Like Like x 10
  12. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, I’m sure mine is broken somewhere, I wasn’t looking over it too closely and just got it standing on a shelf. I wouldn’t dare play with it though! Like some kinda animal!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    It’s just such a shoddy set. And I was kind of arrogant about mine once it came out of the box intact because I thought, “Seeing as how I don’t transform mine, I’ll be totally fine.”

When I say this thing just came apart, I mean it.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Okicyurnatp

Okicyurnatp O_o Master of the ID 10 T error o_O

Pre-emptive mod statement…
    04F8CD01-7E7E-4B31-B393-5800F86175BE.jpeg

Now the mods can…
    110E63B6-EF52-44F6-A309-3DD80E4D4F76.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  15. Dpuff

Dpuff Warning: buys toys at multiple locations

News Credits:
    Solid figure here. Only problem i have with him is i saw someone mention the eyes on his chest staring at you and now i cant unsee it:eek: 

This one on the other hand I will stay as far away from as possible;) 

• Like Like x 2
  16. Sky79

Sky79 Well-Known Member

You can never have to much diecast. Longevity complements quality.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Well-Known Member

Hmm... Given current FT prices, adding inflation over time and factoring in the current glacial release schedule, there's a very real chance that nobody on the planet will actually be able to afford this figure when it's released. Also, given FTs obsession with diecast, no bugger will be able to lift it either.

18. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I don't know if they cheaped out on the plastic on later releases or what but I see tons of breakages on them. The silver thighs and first green thighs releases seem to be ok as well as a few other versions.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    I really disagree with this. The weight of a figure does come into play in terms of a) how long it holds itself in place and b) how bad any potential falls are.

While I’ve been lucky when it comes to drops, some people aren’t as much - mainly because they have kids - but I’ve definitely noticed issues with XTB’s Locke where the little bit of plastic in him is very compromised by being attached to so much die-cast.

That is so goddamn disappointing, especially when they call it “the Perfect Edition.” The green thighs are what I wanted anyway but the moment I took the hardware out of mine, it started chipping and the screws stripped a little.

It’s just a badly made set.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Delduwath

Delduwath Well-Known Member

That's fine, all the people who want it can just pool their money, buy one single copy of it, and then just live together inside of it.

• Like Like x 8