FansToys FT-40 Fortificus Titanicus w/ Hannibal (Masterpiece Fortress Maximus w/ Cerebros)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by corduroy, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    Hopefully he's less than $150.

His transformation is utterly useless without the main body... and I assume the parts count and engineering will be less demanding than the typical headmaster.

Then again it is FT and by the time fortress is transformed for the first time it'll probably make transforming quietus seem like a gentle breeze by comparison.

• Like Like x 2
  2. MTMTEam Builder

MTMTEam Builder Well-Known Member

I hope it's cheaper as well; maybe closer to Spoiler in price? But I'm thinking $150 max.

And yeah, he's useless on his own, but he'll go with my MP headmasters (wish FT would announce the Autobots or Maketoys would finish theirs).

• Like Like x 1
  3. MegaDarth

MegaDarth Well-Known Member

Me. Already put my preorder in

• Like Like x 1
  4. Instrumentsofdestruction

Instrumentsofdestruction Well-Known Member

Hell yeah I'm buying it. Because I know if I don't, I'm going to eventually regret it and end up paying through the nose for it on ebay (looking at you, $300 highway robbery Lupus!).

I don't know the price, but I'll worry about that later. I don't know where to put it, but I'll worry about that later. I don't where I'm going to put the surely inevitable equally sized Scorponok, Metroplex and Trypicon either... but I'll worry about that later.

5. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    Oh yeah absolutely he goes right into a headmasters display.

Keep hearing rumblings Maketoys still aims to complete highbrow and brainstorm.

• Like Like x 1
  6. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    i'm still in for 2 cerebros which will go with the headmasters/target masters , fort max although he will be near my big autobot display it will be more of a stand alone figure

going to move my autobots down and have fort max standing by the wall on the right ( old picture so much more in there now and a couple sold off :lol  ) 27267280_10157118583589899_986844946_o.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  7. Instrumentsofdestruction

That is a very nice display case, btw. Is that a custom build?

• Like Like x 1
  8. OverBleed

OverBleed I Love This Show!

Waiting for the FT rep @dalianjj to come on here and say the hight. I saw the screen cap a while back so he can say the hight on here if that was him on that site.

• Like Like x 1
  9. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    cheers , yeah i built it from scratch , not my only display case got a double detolf full of 1/6 scale starwars figures a bit smaller cabinet with my mp repaints and a few other transformer bits and a custom display case for my soldier story unicron statue

• Like Like x 2
  10. Instrumentsofdestruction

Very nice. I wish I could build something like that, but I'd probably end up slicing myself to ribbons on broken glass. :/

This is mine. I had this made, but it came out quite nicely. I think Fort Max is going to have to go stand in the corner on the right of the cabinet, though.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    that looks amazing!!

the doors on that display are perspex but wish i had used glass that plastic shit scratches just by looking at it and attracts dust bad:lol  i will get around to replacing it with glass one day

12. Instrumentsofdestruction

Thank you! I'm quite happy with it... I was figuring out the logistics of fitting Fort Max in it, but Fort Max isn't only tall, he's also wide and deep. Even without knowing the exact dimensions, I'm certain I'd have to take out an entire shelf to fit him and that would sacrificing a lot of space. Not to mention that I'd have to still be able to fit in Omega, Bruticus, Jetfire and MegaDragon in there somehow. So, yeah... I think he'll have to stand next to it.

Glass is no picnic, either by the way. It might not scratch (as much), but it's a bit of a dust and smudge magnet either way. I basically have to properly clean all the glass panes every 3 months or so to keep it presentable. Still, not complaining (too much).

13. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    yeah he's going to be a big boy i don't think it would fit :)  one of those you really will need a bit of space

my other cabinets are all glass and find them much easier to maintain !

this one i have never had to dust it for some reason it just don't stick to the glass

51321748_2002448233143214_6712060979066175488_n.jpg 51559106_2262520207143316_8371036468453310464_n.jpg DSC03975.jpg

just took a quick couple of pics of what the other side of my room looks like at the moment excuse the quality these do need a dust inside :lol  the big cabinet on the other side of the room lets no dust in

i did have more 1/6 starwars but had to sell a few over the last year or so as needed the money

DSC04647.JPG DSC04650.JPG DSC04651.JPG

DSC04654.JPG DSC04652.JPG DSC04653.JPG

still need to fix the wings on poor hotlink had them all nice and then fucked up on the decepticon logo transfers they had gone bad and taking them off just fucked them got pissed off with them threw them in a box and have just not got around to it since the beginning of the year :lol 

would take pics of the other side again but no point just looks the same with a few more figures

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 12
  14. Instrumentsofdestruction

Wow! :eek:  Now that is a very nice collection. Dat Unicron... and dat Palpatine! And Dat Tarkin! I so love Peter Cushing.

I've learned to love waterslide decals for my third party bots. Sure, they're not as seamless as tampo's, but they're easier to position and replace.

15. TheTornSideswipeFan

TheTornSideswipeFan Well-Known Member

Welp, it's official. Siege Unicron is dethroned.

16. deathsheadII

News Credits:

cheers thats 9 years of collecting not as much as some on this forum there's some mahoosive collections/set ups :)  i really like tarkin they nailed him!! sold old han solo and chewbacca from force awakens not long ago they really nailed harrison fords facesculpt probably one of the best hot toys sculpts i have seen ! going to buy them again next year missing them but they paid towards a deposit on something else :D 

i use waterslide for everything else just the mp seeker logo's are quite big , i have not been able to find any waterslide to that size

sorry derailing the thread :confused2 

17. Instrumentsofdestruction

I find that Harrison Ford has a head that's notoriously hard to sculpt. I've had several Indiana Jones figures in the past and many of them, even very expensive collectables, have a sculpted head that doesn't even come close. There was one of Crystal Skull which had a headsculpt which made Indy look more like George W. Bush than Harrison Ford, even. I have kept one figure of Japanese make that did come very close.

18. Instrumentsofdestruction

And to get everything back on topic, this here video shows off just how bloody big Fort Max is going to be. Jesus, and that mock-up he's using is supposedly 12% too small, even.

• Like Like x 5
  19. MTMTEam Builder

MTMTEam Builder Well-Known Member

I hope they do. If not, I'd like Fans Toys to do it. Since they're doing Fort Max anyway. lol.

20. Krumbbs1976

Krumbbs1976 Well-Known Member

Holy crap that is awesome staring at my fanstoys Skyfire right now he's going to look straight up dinky :)  it's going to be so amazing getting Fort Max!

• Like Like x 2