FansToys FT-40 (Masterpiece Fortress Maximus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by corduroy, Oct 26, 2019.

1. pidge1114

pidge1114 Well-Known Member

Do you REALLY think this figure would bankrupt a company? Like seriously? You don’t think FT in their years of existence would have a pretty good sense on production as it relates to cost in order to keep things in check?

Also, your whole argument is based off of not knowing what the price is. No one does. But to think this will cost enough so as to limit it so much that they will be sitting on a stock pile of fortress maximuses is not very likely.

And for comparison, FT’s dinobots were collectively upwards of a thousand bucks and they had no problem selling every one of them.

But let’s argue more!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

Fans Toys I normally hate you, like I really think you're overrated. But this? If it comes with the guns, Sprocket and Cog? I'll buy this.

And a globe.

Then I'll pose him like Atlas in the corner of my living room.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How would this bankrupt FT? If they don't get enough orders, they won't make it. Pretty basic.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

I assume every company puts all their capital into every project. That's why when I bite into McDonalds i smile, I know I just saved them from bankruptcy or when I fill my car with gas, Exxon Mobile couldn't have done it without me. It's fun being the savior of capitalism.

• Like Like x 3
  5. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hopefully FT has learned from the graveyard of 3Ps that have come and gone before them. ;) 

6. jma141

jma141 Active Member

FT could probably pay for the entire thing by repainting and rereleasing an old design.

7. LarELar

LarELar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, a justification for the eventual price of this would be if the base mode or a fan mode will transform into a loveseat right...?

...well, that or a dog house.

8. Ozymandias13

Ozymandias13 Well-Known Member

I was hoping for a capsule hotel.

9. TF3D

TF3D DGS

News Credits:
    why dallianjj didn't open this topic? or update with more information about it

10. Masterpiecefan

Masterpiecefan Well-Known Member

Put him by your frontvdoor holdingva tray like those butler dogs they sell lol. He will your keys bowl or something

11. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

First, you have no idea how many people can afford it, so that’s a meritless argument.

second, that’s not what the phrase too big to fail means. Too big to fail means a system or project in which so much invested in it that it cannot be allowed to fail. Banks are too big to fail, so they get bail outs when they do fail. Star Wars is too big to fail, so Disney spends their marketing budget on buying tickets to sell the idea it is successful. Too big to fail means it something that will be continued to be invested in because it’s failure can not be permitted.

nothing about making this toy, just because the toy is large, even remotely intimates FT is going to throw every possible penny into it to ensure that it succeeds. What would that even entail by FT?

• Like Like x 1
  12. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

1. That's why no one else ever tried this, they know it's way top big of a risk to be worth it.

2. Checking prices on Terminus Giganticus, it goes for about $800 NZD currently (about 500 USD) and it's about half the size of this, so about 1600 nz, or 1000 us, however, that's assuming equal production runs, which this wouldn't have because so few people have $1000 of disposable income and 4 feet of space to put it somewhere. Meanning it'll probably cost in excess of 1k US.
    I think that if they did had have learned that they would have dismissed this idea at the planning phase.

The Dinobots are much more popular and well-known characters and are a whole team.

One of the biggest companies in the world selling a burger for $1 to everybody alive =/= a very niche indie company making a toy for adults at $1000+

13. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why are you basing the price of a new product on current market price of an old item?

TG went for about $350 USD, not $500.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

This Fort Max should transform into a cabinet to store the other transformers :) 

15. corduroy

corduroy Well-Known Member

dalian is watching all of this. like right now.

• Like Like x 1
  16. pidge1114

pidge1114 Well-Known Member

Again you’re speculating on pricing that no one knows. But in your example, FYI, Terminus was purchased new for $350 USD when it came out. So even though just doubling height doesn’t automatically mean doubling price, in your example that would only mean 700 which is really not that far out of reach of a lot of people.

17. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

Does your inability to understand my sarcasm translate to an inability to understand the backdoor finances of a 3rd party company?

Signs point to...maybe.

Also I read your posts with the idea that they are written with the idea that you are mad at the toy for sleeping with your wife. It gives your posts a context that I find hilarious and seems to tell a little story too. I thought you should know that, as it feels like I'm making fun of you behind your back by doing it.

I'm just kidding. That was sarcasm too.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Craigmcgowan1984

Craigmcgowan1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know why there is so much debate about this, they showed a render that was it, going by current wait time between renders and prototypes and release from ft I've seen so far this will be released in 2025 if rushed lol, if they do make it it will sell out without a doubt, it will be stupid money for the crazy and the well off amongst us and everyone will moan at the second market mark ups for resale 6 months after release like everything else they make but most importantly it will look great.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

Dude this is TFW, people would argue about how to agree with something if they could here.

• Like Like x 9
  20. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's not true, you have no idea what you're talking about!

• Like Like x 8