FansToys FT-39 Jabber (Masterpiece Blurr)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Synthwave

Synthwave Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    you know who's not a scammer? @tony77tony77

He just helped me reunite these 2. Thanks again for a smooth and safe transaction. Highly recommended. Thanks Tony!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Tuv1305

Tuv1305 Well-Known Member

Will do. Wouldn't be my first go round with a bum in the last six months lol. Fingers crossed.

3. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it goes bad, call Paypal, speak to a live agent, and request a full refund claim.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

I agree. In hand, and beside the rest of the TFTM cast (both TT and 3P) he fits right in.

5. werewolfspice

werewolfspice Active Member

I got my Jabber a while back and tonight I finally decided to transform him into his alt mode. That was just...just a really unpleasant experience for me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

Some of his stuff is too good to be true, and that shipping estimate means you'll be waiting until end of May to get your money back. Don't forget these sellers know a few tricks as well! Like shipping small items to get tracking numbers, like also messing the address up to try and get it miss-delivered. You could be chasing your money for a while.

I mean $139 for DX9 Gabriel AND FREE SHIPPING? I can't see how that's possible with a toy that size...

• Like Like x 4
  7. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

Is transforming this guy still like entering Fallujah c.2004??

8. Barbarandroid

Barbarandroid Well-Known Member

I was curious and messaged shifen187 with a dumb question about FT Jabber just to see if he would answer and asked him if they were KOs for the price is so low.

His reply:

shifen187.JPG
    Well I believe that. No worries here!

• Like Like x 1
  9. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For Takara Masterpiece or Fans Toys figures, it's worth checking with Brandon at Chosen Prime. He sometimes has a spare one that isn't listed on the site that he may be willing to sell.

10. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I suppose that is a possibility. Could be the overlong shutdown from CNY running into corona has people desperate to sell their stock even if they take a hit. I'm still not gonna' risk it though.

• Like Like x 2
  11. millerman3732

millerman3732 I remain unconvinced.

News Credits:
    I've been watching this seller since they where brought up here. As of posting this feed back is still at 100% and most of they're prices are inline with other Chinese sellers with the exception of Jabber and Gabriel, so I took a chance on Gabriel with the 10% eBay coupon came out to $126 shipped. If it comes in, awesome I saved $50 buck compared to BBTS, if not it won't be the first time I've had to file PP dispute, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

• Like Like x 1
  12. f0cus

I know. It’s almost worth it. The shipping alone must be a third of that at least!

• Like Like x 1
  13. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Finally got around to making @mykltron suggested mods and transformed him again for the second time. I’d avoided it since the first time since I had cracks on both legs after the first time.

The real test will be getting it back to bot mode as that is where I suspected the cracks occurred but hopefully my better understanding of those parts now will help avoid any additional damage.

this really is a fantastic figure in both modes, and the transformation is relatively simple despite the care you need to take with those leg panels and modification needed for the front to snap together.

sure, it takes careful manipulation and a need to understand how the parts work together to comfortably transform it, but the end result of both modes is near perfection. I can’t imagine a better Blurr coming out. But if you don’t like to put that much effort and understanding into your figures, it’s likely not the figure for you.

Corona virus break day 1 goal accomplished — mod and transform Jabber to alt mode and back.

going back to bot mode was a breeze. No additional damage done to the leg pieces. Dremeling the corners of the metal hinge definitely helps; plus simply knowing how to maneuver the parts. Much like Apache, which I disliked the transformation the first time but could get into all three modes by memory and feel the second, Jabber is a figure that needed a better understanding of to judge, and knowing how everything works it’s a pretty easy figure to get back and forth between modes.

next up is Rouge for my Covid break.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Too good to be true isn't true. It isn't coming. 18 recent negative feedbacks and 0 items for sale now when I click your link to ebay...

20200320_180344.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. millerman3732

millerman3732 I remain unconvinced.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I've already filed a claim.

• Like Like x 1
  16. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Me too. Dang!

• Like Like x 1
  17. f0cus

upload_2020-3-21_10-51-33.png

Since when was this a thing?

18. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

19. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I know this is a very long shot.

I had this mushroom peg on the right leg of my Jabber break recently. I already contacted Fanstoys but they can't ship replacement parts right now and don't know when they'll be able too.

I'm checking here to see if anyone has a junker they would sell me the part from. I figure it can't hurt to ask.

Thanks!
    20200322_202042.jpg 20200322_202030.jpg

20. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator! TFW2005 Supporter

Since buyer's started posting "negative comments or warnings to others" under the "positive feedback heading" section. IE if someone was ripped-off, scammed, or packaging was poor... the buyer will leave "positive feedback" (not really)... with negative or critical comments like:

Positive Feedback: Scammer Avoid!!!
    Positive Feedback: Seller took 9 months to ship!!!
    Positive Feedback: I received a piece of Lego shipped in a wet box!!!

This way eBay will publish the comments and the seller can't do much about it. Except to hide their feedback. It is a major red flag to avoid this seller.

• Like Like x 3