FansToys FT-39 Jabber (Masterpiece Blurr)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Feb 1, 2018.

1. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    More than likely. Sending out review samples is obviously still beneficial when it comes to problems like this. They can't lose THAT much money from sending out just one copy.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am pretty confident that FansToys will make good on this. Given how extensive the issue seems to be, and almost unavoidable for many, this is up there with the broken wings on Forager, the broken knees on Soar and the scratched paint on both Hoodlum and Quietus.
    It's not ideal or even acceptable, but in all those cases, FT have been very supportive of customers and provided fixes.

The only question is when we will hear more about the solution and whether they will do a case by case replacement part process like Forager, Hoodlum, Quietus (and like XTB have done with their Dragstrip incidentally) or whether they will manufacture a replacement part to be released with a future figure like they did with Dinobots parts and with the replacement Tesla face.

The issue sucks and it IS an issue, but those planning to skip this figure because of it should at least hold off on a final decision till we hear what options will be available. It will no doubt take @dalianjj a little time research the problem and come up with a solution, so it's not surprising we haven't heard yet. Even more so given the figure ha yet to be fully released in the main Chinese market.

I'm confident we'll get a fix, we just need to wait a little while for it.

BUT again, it does suck that this has happened, and it does reinforce why FansToys should allow reviewers to test copies BEFORE release so issues like this can be resolved.

• Like Like x 4
  3. leus

leus Well-Known Member

They have secret QC testing grounds at two facilities of their large factory......

4. Ebisu

Ebisu Member

Just opened up my Jabber to check and I can't see any stress or crack on the part where most people are having problems. I can see where the potential stress can happen on that particular part though.

However, I do have a piece that's been put on upside down (it’s two right sided parts) and doesn't tab in. I don't know if it's meant to be an irony that it's in full view of the QC Passed sticker...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  5. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    He fixed mine as well. It's all good. Next time I'll just shut my mouth and not complain on the forum because mistakes happen and sellers need a chance to fix it first. So in spite of the hiccup Baba is still a good source for TFs. Just thought I would post this in favor to clear the air on his behalf.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The weird thing about the breaking piece is that it seems like with a little more engineering, they should have been able to move the hinges to a place where there wouldn't be any interference.

It really makes no sense that they thought this was a viable transformation step. The rest of it is complex but not difficult. Those side panels are basically untransformable though.

• Like Like x 5
  7. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

They try so hard for a super clean alt mode. If they made a few tiny gaps in key areas to allow a little more wiggle room during transformation they could really improve transformation while keeping the alt mode pretty friggin nice

8. Mick h

Mick h Fiery red head tfer

I have mine posed on the shelf. Will never transform which is a shame. Looked great to my surprise in hand. Dont mind the blue but I guess fanstoys blue it for of ye guys.......... I'm here all night.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rich33

Rich33 Well-Known Member

On my copy, which i have modded to take away a lot of the stress (photo below) it is very clear that a lot of the problems lie in the little silver metal squarish piece attached via pin to the blue plastic cover piece and the difficulty in getting this in/out of position in the gap in the arm assembly - it wants to go in diagonally but must go in square, and should have been designed smaller and with rounded edges as its one of the square corners that stops it going in square.

I can get it in by dropping the grey leg section to the position shown in the photo then very carefully fiddling it into place - sometimes using a spludger on the metal piece itself, never using the blue plastic cover to force the metal piece in, always making sure the cover does not become lodged tight, and closing the grey section up slightly as needed once the silver square piece is in position before putting the blue cover piece fully into position.
    Getting it out needs the grey section to be dropped just a little and then i either jiggle it out slowly or again use a spluger to move the silver piece directly instead of using the blue plastic cover.
    Not sure how much that helps with unmodded copies, but the key is definitely getting the small silver square piece in/out safely.
    20191018_182108.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  10. x01618

x01618 Autobot

Ebay:
    Could you provide more detail (and pics if possible) on how you modded yours? I'm not thrilled to have to mod a figure, but I'd much rather do that than have it break or know I can never transform it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. stinkyshawn

stinkyshawn Well-Known Member

wonder when emgo will hv this review

12. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

That’s a great question ... I love running into shitty transformations and then thinking “how the hell is emgo gna make this fluid and understandable” ... he couldn’t quite salvage MMC’s Impetus from having its head consistently pop off, so I’m gna wager he’s screwed here ...

13. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Going on two weeks without a response about both Taiho and Jabber. Already sent him paypal information and still no answer. Glad he fixed your problem, but I am done pre-ordering with him.

14. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just got a response from Baba as well. Mine will be shipping out later today. Yeah, I was never worried, just annoyed.

15. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    People really have short memories. Review copies certainly didn't lead to improvements in Scoria, Soar nor Forager. And then there's the case of XTB Dragstrip where the tolerances on the review copy was pretty much perfect. Unfortunately, the final copy itself wasn't toleranced very well which led to breakages.

16. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

I think you're missing point, the point is that people are not receiving in hand what was advertised! That is the difference. You see at least back in the day.....those instances you have recalled which I've also recalled several times....at least the figures shown in the reviews, the FT ones anyway looked exactly like what we got in hand. This isn't the case anymore and this why people are pissed off which is within their rights. Like I said earlier, they pulled this stunt with Quietus by giving him the lavender highlights on the front part of his jet and everyone kept quiet because it was a change for the better, it was more toon accurate. But I didn't and I clearly stated that this time it was okay because it was a change for the better but what if next time it isn't what then? And lo and behold this happens. Ironically it happened just as Snaku and I were pointing this out in a debate just before Jabber's release.

In an ideal world, the point of these video reviews is to see any flaws in the figures and rectify them and we know how well FT followed with that, haha, but why people are asking for reviews, whether pictorial or video is because they want to know if the product advertised is what they will be receiving as it had always been the case until Quietus. Just to let you know.....I have no horse in this race, I sold my Quietus and canceled my Jabber pre-order!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rich33

Rich33 Well-Known Member

No problem. The mods in this area i did can all be seen on the previously posted photo:
    1. At the front of the light blue cover pieces (the part which is breaking off) there was a small tab - removed
    2. At the back of the light blue cover pieces there was a large tab like piece, which was really just a gap filler but which was getting in the way - removed (creates a small gap in vehicle mode but no larger than the holes already in this cover piece).
    3. On the upper arm bicep / tricep pieces there were 2 sticking out sections on each arm - if you look on the photo only 1 remains. If you are having difficulty seeing this, compare to your copy and look on the photo just slightly down and to the left (as photo'd with vehicle upside down) of the silver metal joint assembly which holds the blue cover on. The bit i sliced off is just below where the robots tricep was and was again getting in the way a bit. This mod was more tricky to do neatly.
    4. In the grey section near where the light blue cover attaches via the silver assembly - i have removed an oval section and rounded. This was by far the most difficult with just a stanley knife and sandpaper, and to get uniform on both sides/legs, but does give me space to get at the silver square metal piece with a spludger as described in my last post.

(It probably should be noted that if i knew how the silver square metal piece that i keep going on about worked, maybe some of the mods above might not have been needed - but as it all works better now and i was able to do the mods (safely) cleanly and neatly im not troubled now - particularly as i had a crack straight out if box at the point which broke for paik so i cant risk any stress at these points - i glue sealed the crack as best i can).

Other mods not connected with this area:
    5. Removed 2 tabs either side of the blue nose cone section (near where it plugs into the body), which plug into arms in vehicle mode - the arms would not plug in and were being forced out. If i had of got them in without removing the tabs i probably would have broken an arm off like some guy did going back into bot mode.
    6. Removed flashing from inside neck peg hole.

• Like Like x 3
  18. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. (Pssst...he's crazy) Moderator

I just wanted to jump in here and say this was spot on advice. I got mine out of the box, checked for the hinges (didn't transform it) and put it together with the pack and heels. The neck would NOT lock in. Not with a loose backpack, pushing REALLY hard on it, angling it, nothing.

I remembered this post and spun the head around and pushed down and it went in super easy. I don't know what makes it work other than it's some kind of leverage thing but it made a world of difference. I spun the head back to front and tried to repeg it after...nope. Wasn't happening. Spin the head backwards and push down....*Click* No problem. If you get this guy I highly recommend doing that. Thanks for the advice @Springer! :) 

• Like Like x 5
  19. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    My point was you are still not guaranteed of receiving something identical to the review copy. There's no guarantee that a company will not change something at the last minute. KFC is another example. Their review copy of Blitzwing had one color and the final copy has a different one!!!

In other words, always wait for the final copy.

It's super simple. Just don't preorder. Let the reviewers take the risk. They have to anyways if they want to maintain their audience.

20. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    All issues not being caught and fixed in review copies does not mean some issues aren't caught and fixed by that process.

As far as waiting vs pre-ordering, just so you know, a strong signal for whether or not to produce a product soon is based on how heavily it is being pre-ordered. Low pre-orders do two things: incline retailers to order less of the product, which means if demand picks up post launch they will run out quickly and scarcity pricing will be more common. And low pre-orders numbers would seen by the 3P as lower demand than usual and likely decide to delay it in favor of a product with higher demand and/or produce less units of it if it's still enough to be viable to produce. And there again, supply would be outstripped by the surge of demand after release.

This is why pre-release reviews are the best option. People can pre-order with greater confidence, retailers can place their order for an accurate quantity to meet demand, and the 3P can gauge demand for prioritization purposes and run sizing.

So saying "just don't pre-order" is overly simplistic. It doesn't account for important factors that can actually make things worse for the consumer.

• Like Like x 2