FansToys FT-39 Jabber (Masterpiece Blurr)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Feb 1, 2018.

1. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

I messaged him on the 10-08, we went back and forth over the next few days, and I received my tracking number on 10-15. All messages were answered promptly. My order was from 11-2018 fyi.

Strange that he's not answering for some people, he usually answers messages very quickly.

I have IF Red Dragon and Gorilla preordered with him from back in December of 2018, hopefully both of those will eventually see the light of day.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Contacted dalianjj today. We'll see how it goes.

3. blake

blake Well-Known Member

Does the blue piece that keeps breaking still work after it's broke as a side piece and leg filler?

• Like Like x 1
  4. TMReviews

TMReviews Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yes, it still works fine, depending how badly the pin breaks out of the slot, it can even still articulate on the hinge.

• Like Like x 3
  5. OPisOP

OPisOP Well-Known Member

I wish it was just the side panels cracking at this point.
    Contacted FT about the broken arm, and they said they'd have a part shipped out "asap". 4-6 week long wait, but hopefully I'll have a working arm soon.
    Until then, I have the old one glued back on, so at least it can still be displayed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Scoobysnacks

Scoobysnacks Active Member

PM me and I can ship you one...only 9.99 plus shipping!

• Like Like x 1
  7. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

I received mine today and have transformed it once to vehicle mode so far. Some initial thoughts and observations:

-The darker blue color is indeed fairly purple. However at a glance it doesn't really look that inaccurate. I'm personally fine with it as it still looks pretty good even if it's not completely animation accurate.

-The leg hinge that seems to be breaking on a lot of people seems fine on my copy, but I can totally see how it could easily stress or break from transforming it too much. The way that piece has to be forced into place in vehicle mode probably requires too much force for that hinge to take. Not a great design indeed.

-Robot mode looks great, better in person than what I've seen in pictures.

-I like the vehicle mode appearance too even if it's not quite perfect. It certainly feels great in hand though as I'm a sucker for heft and that's one department FT never fails at.

-Articulation is fair and it can pull off most poses I'd want. I wish the ankle rocker has more range though. That would have helped making it pose more dynamically.

-I didn't find the transformation to be overly difficult. It's probably over-designed and the aforementioned leg hinge is poorly thought out, but it's fairly standard Fans Toys transformation and I'd say it's on the easier to execute side of things for their figures.

Overall I'm definitely happier with Jabber than Hoodlum, and probably like it about as much as Koot and Rouge (I do like both of those figures). It sort of completes my 1986 movie Autobot shelf, so that's pretty cool.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  8. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That'd be nice but I'd worry about it being vulnerable to pretty bad paint chipping. Both ends of that piece tab into the pieces to the front and back and it'd be losing paint like crazy on and around those tabs. Better option would be to redesign that piece so it has a more reinforced peg hole. Or make it into two parts - a die cast piece that handles the joint and a plastic piece that wraps around the die cast part and forms the outside of the part.

• Like Like x 2
  9. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Whichever way they can make it so that it doesn't break. It's just a shame they didn't do more QC to avoid this. They haven't had a figure with THIS bad of a breakage point. Some figures yes, but not one that EVERY piece has been affected like this.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ChucklesLastLaugh

ChucklesLastLaugh Psychological Operations

Where is that dude that always shreds XT whenever they have an issue...

:lolol 

11. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Bet if a few reviewers had received advanced copies some would have broken and the feedback would have made it to FT to investigate that part before mass release.

• Like Like x 6
  12. bababobo00712

bababobo00712 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Pinterest:
    I am very sorry to bring you a bad shopping experience! This is our work mistake. Due to system capacity limitation, the order of 2018 cannot be verified. Therefore, we can only ask you for the name and date of payment. We will look for your payment record through PayPal and according to the above. The address is arranged for shipping and the accuracy rate is 100%. After this incident, we will reform the publication of Pre-order items, and no similar problems will occur in the future!
    Friends who need to check, can contact me via ebay, Facebook and TFW2005
    Once again, we apologize for the troubles we have made!

• Like Like x 22
  13. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Will you be getting more Jabber in stock?

14. leus

leus Well-Known Member

What are you saying man!?!

15. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Well-Known Member

Basically, because of the way that (I presume) eBay archives orders older than a certain date, they/Baba have to ask for and use your information to search their Paypal to find your Paypal payment / order information in order to get your address/order number/etc. and then be able to send it out.

It's an unfortunate hiccup, and they won't be handling pre-orders in the same way going forward.

• Like Like x 2
  16. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This is the method I found before for getting from robot to alt with little problem. It does not, however, help from alt to robot, which is what fucked mine.

• Like Like x 1
  17. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    More than likely. Sending out review samples is obviously still beneficial when it comes to problems like this. They can't lose THAT much money from sending out just one copy.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am pretty confident that FansToys will make good on this. Given how extensive the issue seems to be, and almost unavoidable for many, this is up there with the broken wings on Forager, the broken knees on Soar and the scratched paint on both Hoodlum and Quietus.
    It's not ideal or even acceptable, but in all those cases, FT have been very supportive of customers and provided fixes.

The only question is when we will hear more about the solution and whether they will do a case by case replacement part process like Forager, Hoodlum, Quietus (and like XTB have done with their Dragstrip incidentally) or whether they will manufacture a replacement part to be released with a future figure like they did with Dinobots parts and with the replacement Tesla face.

The issue sucks and it IS an issue, but those planning to skip this figure because of it should at least hold off on a final decision till we hear what options will be available. It will no doubt take @dalianjj a little time research the problem and come up with a solution, so it's not surprising we haven't heard yet. Even more so given the figure ha yet to be fully released in the main Chinese market.

I'm confident we'll get a fix, we just need to wait a little while for it.

BUT again, it does suck that this has happened, and it does reinforce why FansToys should allow reviewers to test copies BEFORE release so issues like this can be resolved.

• Like Like x 4
  19. leus

leus Well-Known Member

They have secret QC testing grounds at two facilities of their large factory......

20. Ebisu

Ebisu Member

Just opened up my Jabber to check and I can't see any stress or crack on the part where most people are having problems. I can see where the potential stress can happen on that particular part though.

However, I do have a piece that's been put on upside down (it’s two right sided parts) and doesn't tab in. I don't know if it's meant to be an irony that it's in full view of the QC Passed sticker...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019