FansToys FT-39 Jabber (Masterpiece Blurr)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Feb 1, 2018.

1. stinkyshawn

stinkyshawn Well-Known Member

u will still buy the nxt ft product...lol

• Like Like x 2
  2. mark4flair

mark4flair Well-Known Member

^Exact same scenario here as well. I preordered Blurr from baba last November 2018. When I contacted him about when he would ship, he asked me for my ppal transaction number.

I couldn't retrieve my ppal number so I sent him ebay screenshots of the sale. A day or so went by so I contacted him again regarding the ship status. He wrote me back and said it had already shipped and sent me the link.

The whole thing makes me a tad nervous but baba has never once let me down, even on replacement part issues. I also love buying from him because of the ebay bucks deals and his 5$ off deals.

I have a fair bit on legends from IF preordered with him too like the Red Dragon Megs, Gorilla Prime, Lio Prime, and Blugeon. I would most likely expect the same issues with these as well because of the time frame that passes between preorder and actual release.

Anyway, a tad long-winded, but I trust baba and will continue to buy from him per usual.

• Like Like x 1
  3. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

You mean accept liability for a potential flaw? Not going to happen. To appologise for changing the colour without notifying pre-orderers? Too late now.

The "party line" in these situations is to say there is no issue and any incident will be looked at individually. But if people don't @dalianjj or message him then it's easier for them to ignore.

The best thing that can come out of this is that enough noise is made so that Fans Toys improves their Engineering Review Process to catch these design issues before release and give us better products.

4. mirage426

mirage426 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Im having the same thing with XTransbots Taiho. I preordered back in Feb and it was just released, too. I emailed Baba, he didnt ask for my info, he sent this though:
    Hello, my friend, this toy has just arrived, please don't worry, wait patiently for a few days, I will arrange the delivery one by one.

Im reminding cause I was one of those who had Maverick cancelled, and I'd like a heads up if its gonna happen again. I hate preorders.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

The issue being if an individual incorrectly transforms the figure it can break?

6. gollum6974

gollum6974 Extreme Collector!

I ordered from baba, shipped on the 14th arrives in the morning! Not sure why he wouldn't ship all out by now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well good for you. No more purchases from him for me going forward. I should not have to remind a seller that I bought something from him. He just better hurry up and ship it since this was done last December.

8. gollum6974

gollum6974 Extreme Collector!

I understand that. Especially since you ordered in December and I only just ordered 3 days prior to shipping. Unusual business practices. Hope he ships it out for you quick.

• Like Like x 2
  9. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This prediction sounds Tesla-esque. My Tesla was unboxed years ago when I bought it and everything was fine and it stood in one place on a shelf for a couple years, then when I went to move figures to a new cabinet, I noticed his elbow joints were floppy loose. From never touching them, never transforming, sitting in a cabinet? Strange for sure. I hope you're wrong about the joints on Jabber.

• Like Like x 1
  10. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

Is that your interpretation?

A number of reviewers have struggled to get the covers in place and had breakages, and a few people here and there on facebook and here have had breakages. If they've been doing it wrong then you should let them know the right way!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt Well-Known Member

yep, you are in the wrong if you are transforming it per FT's shitty instructions. the customer is always wrong, even when a multitude of the customers are having breakages with the product.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Friendross

The right way is the way Paik did it in his review video. Not the first impressions

I’m just saying my experience is my figure is fine. Others are fine. That means this isn’t a 100% failure ratio of the figure. I don’t love the design of the 2 parts on question but I think it’s ok for me to say my figures not broken in the jabber thread.

Every figure in this display is much maligned. But I ain’t mad at it.

B31F71C0-3560-48BC-94A1-2A9747DEC14E.jpeg

frenchies love jabber
    0B8EE258-9C0F-4CDF-93FE-E5FDA601B2EE.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 10
  13. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You're implying that a correct way exists?

• Like Like x 2
  14. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I just bought this from toy dojo as well as the toon Sphinx. $204 shipped for both. As much as I love bababobo’s cheaper prices, getting it in a few days for a few dollars more is a better option. Think I’m keeping my money local from now on

• Like Like x 2
  15. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Dude, I get where you're coming from, but I don't think Paik's transformation video is especially safe - and he admits as much. Admittedly I followed his video on first transform and nothing broke, but it was a harrowing experience. And even if his video was demonstrating a safe method, are you saying that FT are without fault because, what, everyone is magically supposed to have seen it beforehand?

I get why folk become defensive when companies are criticised. So much of the hate on these boards comes from bizarre allegiances, from equally as bizarre grudges, from confirmation bias, from financial frustration - basically from a whole heap of sources that are not the fault of the company being criticised. So it's understandable that a counter mentality arises to fight the endless bile with blanket positivity.

BUT it's not unreasonable to gripe when the design of a bot makes breakage quite possible, or even very likely. That's a product problem. A Tranformer is designed to transform. If doing so as per the instructions can lead to breakage through no fault of the user, that's bullshit surely? As with Koot, as per my earlier post I DO think it's possible to teach yourself how to safely transform Jabber, but when it's impossible to know that on first attempt - and when the instructions themselves point to a dangerous method - I'm not sure how you can blame the buyer.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Friendross

It does. Ive seen it on the internet!

17. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why are people acting like people won't replace all of the broken parts?

No, they won't make a statement about the issues, but they will acknowledge them by offering replacement parts.

18. CowboyFromHell

CowboyFromHell Use my third party

I wouldn't be surprised if they make better quality parts and include them with whatever next new figure. I hate their cock teasing ways, but they do have a good reputation for service

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mentasm

Mentasm I check in, but I don't check out.

The question was 'what would you expect him to say' and that's what I would 'expect' from the very best companies. Obviously I know that (sadly) doesn't include any company making TF toys, HasTak included.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Friendross

I’m not offering blanket positivity. it could have been designed or engineered better.

Criticize away.

Im just pointing out my experience with this figure. To form my own personal opinion I’m drawing on my experience with most other mp transformers that have steps along the transformation that require causion because these things are not toys designed to be sold on store shelves like target. This figure has one of those red flag causions like mp44, oc max omne, mp36, appolyon or forager etc etc. it might break if it’s engineering is pushed past tolerances. It would be nice if the tolerances where higher Or better. Maybe a telescoping function to the hinge to provide clearance with more material on the round hinge hole

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019