FansToys FT-30A-E Ethereaon (Masterpiece Superion/Aerialbots)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Nov 13, 2017.

1. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    In the past I would agree with you, but going forward I am not so sure. Just going off the increasingly limited articulation on FT figures, a stable genius would say that FT has been engaging on cost cutting moves, and if there's one cost that stands out like a sore thumb, then it has to be the amount of money required for a new mold. For seekers/coneheads, if it means there's increased articulation on top of a really clever transformation, then I'll take repaints/slight remolds over some hare brained, "at least it's new" deformation scheme.

2. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On the contrary I would call limited articulation to be par for the course for FT. More articulation examples are few and far between, and more the exception than the rule. It isn't a cost cutting move if you are doing it in the first place.

• Like Like x 2
  3. mlgpapalouie

mlgpapalouie The King of Bad Luck

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    i would actually argue their figures are getting more articulated in general. seems to me more that stuff like Viper (who was designed years ago anyways) are outliers against their more recent stuff than the norm. granted thats because like half of those are minibots and carbots but still

• Like Like x 7
  4. Redferno97

Redferno97 I can stop collecting whenever I want...

Saying FT figures have “increasingly limited articulation” after they’ve just revealed this picture of Margh is funny.
    IMG_5747.jpeg In all seriousness, I think the figures that do suffer from limited articulation the most are their combiner figures (Especially Aerialbots and Constructicons) as they try and ensure the combine modes are stable and would rather sacrifice a couple of points of articulation for that.

• Like Like x 9
  5. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    The CangToys figures say otherwise and those don't use fake parts for stability! Maybe the person in charge of the Aerialbots wasn't as good as the designer of FT's Menasor?

6. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    That's not FT, it's Fantastic Model. The thing is besides Megatron, it's 99% certain you will not get another FT figure with that level of articulation. FT figures used to have double jointed elbows/knees, but we are now down to single joint, and then sometimes you can't bend the elbows/knees past 90 degrees or you don't get a waist swivel. In Trailbreaker's case, you can't even fully raise the shoulders to the side. I would say since the pandemic, FT figures in general have become less articulated. For every Margh, there's two Constructicons and two Aerialbots where FT's just scrapping the bottom of the barrel articulation wise. One step forward plus two steps backward still leaves you moving backward. See the thing is, I am willing to pay more to get more, so FT should just go ahead and add those things back, and I'll be happy to pony up.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Redferno97

Yeah I was just having a joke with the Margh thing, I know that is a huge exception.

I don’t mind losing double jointed elbows and knees but only when they use them single joints that still have like 150° of range. but other than that I do understand, 90° at elbow and knee is not really enough for any dynamic poses and for god sake put the shoulder rotation first then the outward joint, when it’s the other way around you run into the Outrider and Smokey issue.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Quintessential Prime

Quintessential Prime Well-Known Member

#Ihasabox…es :D 

tempImageP90AwU.png

• Like Like x 10
  9. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is that even articulation, the top of his body is separated from the bottom. Looks like its a hinge to accomodate the armor and they ran with it for the photos .That looks strictly for the camera.

• Like Like x 1
  10. mlgpapalouie

mlgpapalouie The King of Bad Luck

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    yeah that’s his ab crunch. i’m assuming it’s just designed like a ton of magic square stuff where it’s a double hinge in his waist so you can do crazy shit like that high kick

• Like Like x 5
  11. Redferno97

If it looks like an ab crunch and acts like an ab crunch… we’re talking about transforming figures here, many joints have multiple uses

12. Dpuff

Dpuff Fanstoys made me do it

News Credits:
    Cang Toys also invented like 13 other characters in order to pull it off. But hey at least they didn't use fake parts. Amirite?

edit: @Curium im sorry for the delay in updates. Just been a busy week. You know how it is. Anywho, one of my vipers is out for delivery this morning. The other that shipped at the same time decided to take a little breather a few states over. Hoping to have it monday or tuesday possibly.

• Like Like x 5
  13. crdavismusic

crdavismusic Vectron Labs-Only Collector

News Credits:
    The interesting part of FT's oeuvre is that they love flexing when doing repaints/remolds of characters. Outback, Swerve, Hoist, and Pipes share little to no mold details, they share a bit of the engineering but that's all. I'm actually floored at how much they tried to give Hoist all new parts everywhere (I think the front grille is the only commonality).

So yes, they are all about the business moves like cutting costs, but then they go and make a whole bunch of new molds for S3 characters that are not nearly as popular... it's bizarre. Pride?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    aka Dirge

15. Redferno97

Is this a reference to something that I’m forgetting? Because Dirge was the first Conehead they released way back when

16. Stardiver

Stardiver Toy enjoyer

Finally got a chance to mess with Viper, came yesterday but I'd already got Ignis out the box to mess with.

20240518_153251.jpg

He really is beautiful. Easily my favourite jet and colour scheme, only a small amount of Fanstoys grease(TM), and just a joy to mess with. More limited articulation perhaps, being an older design, but I couldn't be happier with him. Hope Jester is as good!

• Like Like x 5
  17. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think FT cares about cost, if they did paint would be one of the first things to go. Their business model is such that the cost is the cost and the price per individual release reflects that.

They just don't have an articulation-first design principle. Not every toy company is interested in making everything hyper articulated, some put aesthetics as the priority.

If you look at their history of releases, I don't see how you can say that they've reduced articulation. It has always been a case-by-case situation, and as an overall curve I would say it has remained relatively flat.

• Like Like x 7
  18. Quintessential Prime

Quintessential Prime Well-Known Member

IMG_1047.jpeg
    IMG_1049.jpeg
    IMG_1044.jpeg IMG_1045.jpeg IMG_1046.jpeg

So, one of the arms was so loose out of the box it wouldn’t hold up at all.
    Anyone have the same issue, remove these four black screws and tight the silver coloured one inside. Totally fine now.

• Like Like x 20
  19. Stardiver

Stardiver Toy enjoyer

Glad it seems to just be minor things for Viper. Think my one's left foot is a tad loose so when I've stopped being lazy I'll go grab the screwdriver.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4