FansToys FT-30A-E Ethereaon (Masterpiece Superion/Aerialbots)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Nov 13, 2017.

?

Will Fans Toys Superion be stable?

1. Yes

82.6%
  2. No

17.4%
  1. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Does it come in purple?

News Credits:
    :D 
    Oh I'm sure it would be in the $2K range, Flame Toys prices are ridiculous. But damn would it be pretty. So pretty.

• Like Like x 3
  2. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Does it come in purple?

News Credits:
    I don't think it is now, they've already committed to what we're getting. But I think they could have easily gone this route instead and I think it would have played to their strengths.

They would have been able to get better sculpts and articulation out of the Aerialbots, thrown in as much diecast as they wanted and not have to concern themselves with combined mode.

Then the combined mode would also have been able to be built without fussing about the weight of the individual bots and be sturdy as hell.

• Like Like x 2
  3. magmatron

magmatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's because Flams Toys are on a whole other level in comparison to 3P companies, including FT and MMC. There's just no comparison when it comes to sculp, engineering, and paint.

4. Dpuff

Dpuff Fanstoys made me do it

News Credits:
    Man i cant wait for these to come out so we can get back to bitching about livery and gold chests.

• Like Like x 12
  5. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Besides the price (which could be alleviated by figuring out TaoBao), this is the main concern that's causing me to be out. FT makes HEAVY figures and don't have the best track record on the giant figure front thanks to their Omega (I had it, but switched to DX9's as my permanent MP Omega). I really want to see how this team turns out and THEN decide, but by then it will likely be way too pricey even on TaoBao).

• Like Like x 1
  6. Marcelo Antunes

Marcelo Antunes FansToys Historian/Scholar

Sure, and there are other routes they could go, however, it seems to me that any other such route would detract from their objective as a company (which seems still to be the"Make toys we (FT) want").

7. Little Dutch

Little Dutch Official TFW2005 Masterpiece Weigher

They are also on a whole other level than my wallet is.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Opticaloptics

Opticaloptics Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't think a FlameToys Superion would be able to stand up either. Doesn't their Star Saber collapse?

• Like Like x 5
  9. Little Dutch

Little Dutch Official TFW2005 Masterpiece Weigher

True, that was a very expensive flop.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot

News Credits:
    Headsup for all the Dutchies on this board, Aerialbots can be obtained for reasonable prices at Kenneth Collectibles:
    Maverick: €220,-
    Iceman €175,-
    Goose €175,-
    Viper €175,-
    Jester €360,-

Check your marktplaats/marketplace!

• Like Like x 2
  11. magmatron

News Credits:
    I sometimes wonder if I should have gone with the DX9 Omega instead, despite liking the look of the FT more.

Star Saber alone is fine, but Victory Saber is a mess, and more of a statue than an action figure.

12. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

I had to google Flame Toys.

Your money your shelves, of course. But ewwwww

13. WyldeBill

WyldeBill You will ride eternal. Shiny and chrome.

Ebay:
    You need some gold F-undies

• Like Like x 2
  14. Opticaloptics

Opticaloptics Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeaa that's what it was. The victory Saber fell over. And was expensive. I never got it cuz I'm usually not into non transforming transformers.

The only Flametoys I got was Windblade because it's the best IDW stand in for MMC reformatted line.

Which also has problems standing up but it was only like 60 bucks.:p 

• Like Like x 1
  15. Zyros

Zyros Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I own 35 FT figures, so I'd like to think I'm generally a fan of what they make. In that, I own all currently-out Stunticons and all 3 currently-out Aerielbots, which were bought at the initial release prices. I also get the benefit of being in Canada, so the exchange rate adds to the price a bit.

I've never found the prices on FT figures ridiculous until now. I'll pay what I have to to finish the sets I've started, but I feel very burnt by FTs choices in pricing the last 3 figures on these two sets. I won't be in on any of their future combiners for fear of the same thing happening again. I'm priced out, which sucks for me, but with their recent issues on some of the newer figures (Powerglide especially), I don't feel entirely at a loss. I really wanted a Bruticus from them which makes me bummed out.

That's all for my rant. Happy for those who are still comfortable paying what ScalpToys (FansMoney?) is asking/what the NA retailers are enrouraging.

• Like Like x 12
  16. solskjaer

solskjaer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel you. Honestly if I don't have to luxury to buy directly from China through Taobao, I really can't afford the cost now.

As I said earlier, FT (or NA retailers) has been charging NA customers an additional ~75% over the retail price sold in China since the early days. They know they can do it because people will buy it. They didn't suddenly charge "extra" percentage on the last two members as they are still 75% + the retail price in China, but of course the retail price in China increase over the years (blame inflation, popularity, or whatever) and that's where the pain.

17. magmatron

News Credits:
    They're certainly not for old-types. Flame Toys designs are the polar opposite of matching the sunbow reference.

The less I started transforming my figures and focused on getting the most of robot mode the more okay I became with non-transforming transformers.

• Like Like x 1
  18. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well said!!

19. ssjgoku22

ssjgoku22 Well-Known Member

I also dislike Flame Toys' scale. Imagine buying a $500-$600 Star Saber or Prime and it can't even be in your MP collection. They're just too small in my opinion. The only way they make sense is if you're solely going to collect the line and display them with nothing else but other Flame Toys figures.

• Like Like x 1
  20. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    A very reputable retailer in Singapore, has opened PO for the five Superion bots. Shipping will be prohibitive to the States, but I think people from Australia have bought from them.
    https://ohmyprimus.com/transformers/3ptf/fanstoys.html

In USD (Exchange rate is 1 USD/1.36SGD)
    FT-30A : 160
    FT-30B : 132
    FT-30C : 132
    FT-30D : 132
    FT-30E : 272
    Total : 828

I think prices across the causeway in Malaysia might be cheaper, but not by much.

If anyone's looking for ideas for a trip, Singapore and Malaysia are excellent destinations, and if you time it right, you can pick these up as souvenirs on the way back.

Another retailer I would recommend in Singapore is The Falcon's Hangar. Both of them have been around for years.

• Like Like x 6