FansToys FT-30A-E Ethereaon (Masterpiece Superion/Aerialbots)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Nov 13, 2017.

1. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Let's be honest, both are using the same combiner formula, why is one set almost 3 times more expensive than the other!? Obviously FT is better, but 3x better? That depends on your preferences, but 3x more expensive... Really?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Marcelo Antunes

Marcelo Antunes FansToys Historian/Scholar

Being honest, my opinion is that I don't think both sets are directly comparable like this, but this is another topic.

On the price itself for FT, I will be paying less than the 1000 USD from the table above (because I already bought the first 3 bots in China in the past), but I still think even 1000 USD is a little bit expensive (but not that much expensive). I personally think the whole set should cost some 900 USD delivered.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  3. CowboyFromHell

CowboyFromHell Shake 'N Bake

jacking up the price at the finish line is a kick in the nuts to all customers who jumped in at the start. If a company releases combiner bots at X price, customers buy in with the expectation that the entire combiner will have similar pricing. Covid/delays/inflation or not, it's a kick in the nuts.

4. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    My current total.

FT-30A Maverick 180 USD. I had forgotten to PO so had to pay full board :( 
    FT-30B Iceman 115 USD
    FT-30C Goose 110 USD
    FT-30D Viper 135 USD
    FT-30E Jester 257 USD

Total 797 USD

Hail Comrade Kim Jong Un!!!

• Like Like x 7
  5. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Interim Head Warehouse Spelunker

News Credits:
    Welcome to adulting. Life is a kick in the nuts. The trick is in how you recover. For me, it usually involves a lot of crying, cussing and ice.

• Like Like x 13
  6. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Re-releases:

Gabriel (Omega Supreme) from DX9 is in the 250 esh, similar to original pricing
    Badcube Huff was around 65$, similar to original pricing
    Re-runs or repaints from Magic Square are typically lower price, even some of the old molds they re-release
    And these are only a few examples

• Like Like x 2
  7. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Man, I was going down memory lane ..... i.e. trawling through my email looking at orders I've made over the years. When it comes to cheap pricing, there's no beating the Baba + eBay Flash Sales + eBay bucks combo, and yes that's the full total SHIPPED from China to the United States:

GooseEbay.jpg

Baba and I are no longer BFFs, but he helped me build one of the cheapest collections of FT figures in the entire planet.

• Like Like x 8
  8. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Baba and flash sales is how a lot of people use to preorder.

• Like Like x 1
  9. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO ***FT Screwdriver Collector ONLY.!***

@divinecomedy lol the Good ol' days. IIRC I paid like $120'ish TOTAL for Barney Sovereign with those special Ebay promos. Seriously we sound like them old timers "Back in my time we use to pay a Nickel for a burger." Lol

• Like Like x 5
  10. skythunderscream

skythunderscream Well-Known Member

I've come this far and there's no going back. I need Maverick, Jester, Viper and Mr Bandit. Money is just money. There are loads of ways to blow it and loads of ways to make it.

In any case, I hope everyone gets the bots they need.

• Like Like x 5
  11. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Made me a literal eBay Rock Star!!! eBay would send me a monthly Rock Star report because I was just gorging on figures left and right.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Thundercracker Blue

Thundercracker Blue Well-Known Member

I’m stuck, because apparently I’m in the 1% of TF fans who care about the combiner teams MUCH more than the actual combined mode. The only combiner I like as much as the team is Devastator. In fact, I have no interest in displaying MP combiners (other than Devastator).

So to hell with Menasor, give me the Stunticons. Same with Defensor, Bruticus, and Superion. I want good Protectobots, good Combaticons, and a good set of Aerialbots.

To that end, Fans Toys’ Aerialbots are significantly better than Zeta’s offering. But as much as I favor bot-mode teams and much prefer FT in this case, I just don’t know if I care enough about the Aerialbots to pay $1300. I’d pay that for a great set of Constructicons for sure. I’d pay that for a great set of Dinobots (I got the GP metallic set for $1000). But the Aerialbots? No… they feel more like an $800 team to me.

So Zeta’s price is lower than I’d be willing to pay for an Aerialbot team, but the robots just aren’t good enough. And FT robot team looks great, but the price exceeds how much I care about them. So I’m stuck for now, which is fine.

Who knows? Maybe XTB will make a beautiful, realistic set that can’t combine worth a damn for $800. And I’ll be the one dude who’s actually excited about it!

• Like Like x 5
  13. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Interim Head Warehouse Spelunker

News Credits:
    So you’re telling me that eBay was your stimulus and then you’d put the plastic on plastic? On top of that, you’d come away with eBay Bucks too! What a glorious way to becoming a poors!!

• Like Like x 4
  14. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Baba was glorious, I was magnificent, and eBay ...... they lost 10% on every sale at least, but they are still around so they must be doing OK!! The good thing about corporations is that they have no nuts that you can kick, their philosophy is more life is like a box of chocolates ......

• Like Like x 3
  15. WyldeBill

WyldeBill You will ride eternal. Shiny and chrome.

Ebay:
    It was like being a peeump back then

• Like Like x 2
  16. stickdynasty

stickdynasty Well-Known Member

As somebody that owns both Zeta Superion and all 3 available Fanstoys Aerialbots, I'd say you're pretty right about the individual members comparison. My Zeta combiners anchor my CHUG shelves while the individual team members from Fanstoys and MMC live in the MP glass case.

I'd honestly just keep a keen eye out for deals on the Fanstoys bots. I got Air Raid and Skydive for $150 a piece last year on FB. And Silverbolt for less than $140 on the BST threads here. I'm grabbing Jester and the combiner bits on Taobao to hopefully come in under $300 shipped on that. And the last limb bot from Terry's. Not quite $800, but probably under $900. Just have patience and you can pretty much get anything that isn't an exclusive for a solid price.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Illustratorbot

Illustratorbot Well-Known Member

Is this figure of $1300 being based purely on the prices that have been put up on Toy Dojo and TFSource? Those two seem to be high priced for everything. For example they have Warthog at $140/$160 and Variator at $130/$120. I bought both of those from a 'western retailer' (Omegalock) and the reality was I paid the equivalent of $110 and $100 respectively. Obviously it's hard to say what things are going to cost in 12 months' time but if the five figures were released/reissued today I'd expect to be paying closer to $1000-$1100 than the $1300 being bandied about. Which averages out at like $165-$185 per figure if you count the combiner parts as a sixth figure. Comparing them to similar sized recently issued/reissued figures (Recorder, Lupus, Thomas) that seems about right. I'll be interested to see what price Inquisitor comes in at as I imagine that one will offer a good guide.

I have the new limb bots and the Maverick reissue pre-ordered and am looking forward to a much cheaper year next year. This being my first year of collecting it has been one of catching up and 'late tax' so only buying new releases as they come out will be a huge relief for my wallet! :D 

Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  18. CowboyFromHell

CowboyFromHell Shake 'N Bake

For Iceman, with A3U, I paid $130 and now it's $230. That doesn't seem about right at all. It's a 76% price increase for the exact same product. Some people agree that getting ripped off is simply "adulting" and we should just accept it. I'm more on the side of calling out Fans Toys for their bad business practices. If they started the combiner within a certain price range, they need to finish the project within that same price range. Sure, with a slight increase for inflation, but not 76% or more.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Illustratorbot

Illustratorbot Well-Known Member

I agree, $230 (or $220 which it is listed at on TD and TFS) doesn't seem right. I was simply saying that I can't imagine that will be the price you need to pay. People are getting annoyed about a price being quoted on two websites who are demonstrably expensive compared to even other non-Chinese stores. In another thread I mentioned (trying to be of help) a figure being available at TFRobots in the Netherlands. "Ooh," came the scoffing reply, "you don't want to shop there, one of the most expensive stores around". Yet folk are happy to use prices put up by two other stores whose prices are at the top end to get het up and are directing their ire at FansToys. Terry's has the Iceman reissue up at $140 - personally I think that sounds low, but the fact that $140 and $220 are so far apart does tend to suggest none of them really know, but it's the higher price people are fixating on. Maybe you're right, I don't know, most of you have been collecting a lot longer than I have. I was only putting in my two penn'orth.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Dpuff

Dpuff Fanstoys made me do it

News Credits:
    No. You're not far off imo. Ive a feeling that na stores are inflating this price more than ft is. The discrepancy between td and terrys is evidence. That price has been up long enough for someone at ft to have caught on and forced him to change it by now if it wasnt right. A lot of folks like to try to defend our benevolent site sponsors by blaming only ft. Whether either of them is the actual price, idk. Im just pulling theories out of my ass based on what i see like everyone else.

Ps. Im not stating any of this as fact(except for the sponsor part) before anyone decides they need to get butthurt about my opinions.

• Like Like x 13