FansToys FT-30A-E Ethereaon (Masterpiece Superion/Aerialbots)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Nov 13, 2017.

1. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    ^^Someone should ask Dalianjj about it since he just posted their Dragstrip in that thread.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There have been 2 broken legs that I've seen, not widespread enough yet like Sheridan to say it's a common issue.

Mine is fine.

3. jtwong27

jtwong27 Well-Known Member

Being that members have said the figure is squeezed in tightly in the styrofoam, could it possibly be user error when they took the figure out that caused the breakage?

4. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

Damn you BBTS ... damn you with the power of a thousand suns!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Wow... the whole thousand? Huh.

And I thought I was upset waiting now, nine weeks for my Duck Convoy to leave Japan.

6. WyldeBill

WyldeBill Yeeee Hawww!

Ebay:
    Orange Connex to the US. I didn’t have to pay extra. eBay seller Johosontony.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Maybe Fanstoys is short on screws :p 

8. Vakamadisk

Vakamadisk Well-Known Member

With G1 Air Raid.

IMG_7779.JPG

IMG_7781.JPG

I've always dug the mini-jet thing that the Aerialbots do. They're essentially wearing a chibified version of their alt mode as a jet pack; I love it.

• Like Like x 9
  9. Vwfan88

Vwfan88 Autobruh

so i got iceman today. he's looks great and all but i have an issue with the size. how do you ft fans square away the size of these aerialbots. i mean, iceman is as big as my ft swoop. were the aerialbots that big in the cartoons? it's beautiful but why so big???

• Like Like x 1
  10. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, Iceman’s bigger than G1 Superion

• Like Like x 1
  11. WNDCHRGR

WNDCHRGR TFW2005 Supporter

Personally I always felt voyager size for limbbots and meg/prime for leaders was the perfect size for mp combiner team bot modes.

• Like Like x 2
  12. whitewolfe313

whitewolfe313 Well-Known Member

OK, I have another problem with this figure. I received him today and I have yet to transform him but I did fix him in robot mode from out of the box when he’s in the floppy weird shipment mode. I will transform him tomorrow but I went to put him in my display case and three of his fingers would not bend! When I looked under a light it seems like the plastic was assembled too soon and they fused together. I tried to bend the tips of the finger and they wouldn’t budge.I was afraid I was going to break them. I ended up pulling both off and placing them on a cutting board with fingers open. I took a small knife and cut on both sides of the knuckle. Luckily I was able to fix this and get them bending but I’ve never had anything like this happen on a figure from Fanstoys before. I had some stiff fingertips but never ones that were fused together like this. Thankfully I was able to get them moving except for the last pinky I sliced a bit of plastic off but you can hardly notice so it’s fine. I basically use the knife to gently apply pressure between the knuckle and the plastic next to on both sides of the knuckle. I’m really let down by the quality of assembly of Fanstoys lately. I have almost everything they released but this guy is not the best.

I made some comments earlier in this thread about waste swivel not being that big of a deal because you can just adjust the back plane so you can move him but you really can’t do it very easily. I can’t figure out how they could’ve done such a good job with their last jet and such a poor job with this one. He just doesn’t feel as solid in the legs or the backpack. He still looks great but this worries me about their future figures. I have Sheridan but I’ve only transformed him once and his left leg stayed on but now I’m worried that’s going to break as well as parts on this figure.

He does look great compared to Zeta, I have both, but his design is just not that good. I really hope Fanstoys can pull this combiner off With the next two characters. Basically, most of us are in for Combiners for Fanstoys with aerial bots and stunticons. The individual figures look great but I sure hope this combiner ends up being good in the end! This figure does have some problems. Somethings in hand seem less of a problem when you get the figure but the Waste swivel does bother me. Phoenix did not have a Waze swivel but if you pop the hips you can get it to move. This problem is just to glaring and there’s no good workaround.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Markus76

Markus76 Well-Known Member

The fingers sticking is paint overspray...it seems to break in rather quickly of just fiddling with it from what I've seen of others in this thread. Some had the same issue with Goose.

14. xenoporg

xenoporg Well-Known Member

Kinda heartbroken - just got my Iceman yesterday, and was absolutely loving it, what a stunning figure.. but then, upon my FIRST transformation, the left arm sort of.... disintegrated on me. I wasn't applying pressure, I'm very gentle with all my figures, esp FansToys cuz I try to avoid paint chipping etc.. but this one piece just instantly crumbled - don't know if anyone else has had this happen or if it was a fluke on my part.

Does FansToys sell pieces of figures? Like, would they be able to sell me just the left arm panel or something like that?

20200524_095758.jpg 20200524_095748.jpg 20200524_095813.jpg

Never had any QC issues with any of their figures before, so kind of shocked still. QC33. If anyone has any suggestions, Id be super grateful.

15. Shanxs

Shanxs Open your eyes. Can't you see?

I guess he is g1 toy accurate for not having a waist swivel. :D 

16. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Can you contact your retailer first for an exchange or a new part? It should be done free of charge. One piece broke on my Maverick last summer and my retailer took care of it through FT.

17. xenoporg

xenoporg Well-Known Member

Ok that's good to hear, thank you! I've already sent in a claim to ShowZStore, so hopefully they will be able to help out.. It was so shocking, after almost 15 years of collecting I've never broken a single figure.

I hope no one else has this issue.

18. shiin

shiin Well-Known Member

Contact FT directly. They usually respond quickly and send some kind of fix. It will just take 2 months since it comes with the cheapest shipment from China.
    For Hoodlum I received a bottle of paint and a brush as the color on his hood was scratched coff.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Vwfan88

Vwfan88 Autobruh

Upgrade

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  20. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

It looks like another instance where the screw should have been longer. :( 

But as others have said, FT and/or ShowZ should take care of you.