FansToys FT-30A-E Ethereaon (Masterpiece Superion/Aerialbots)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Nov 13, 2017.

1. sifu74

sifu74 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hate to say it in here, but I'm anticipating what XTB does with their Aerialbots. This set is starting to piss me off with shitty design. Maverick and his thin ass arm armature that will is held on by a tiny screw and those stupid little red pieces that are floppy in alt mode, Goose with his one side waist rotation and now Iceman with unhooking his backpack to turn his waist and non with ab crunch!

• Like Like x 3
  2. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE "The powers of darkness..."

For the floppy red bits on Maverick, I just rotate the piece out, rotate the base piece and essentially flip it to fold back the only other possible way it can. It sticks out horizontally a bit more, but stays tight without flapping around. He already has tech bits showing under the wing, what's a few cm more.
    I am worried about those armatures. My screws didn't seem tight but I loosened them a bit anyway. If they ever break, I'm selling all the others because I need my team to be complete with only others from the same line.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would wager than 90% of the people complaining about the lack of waist swivel don't ever use them either.

• Like Like x 8
  4. MINDVVIPE

And don't forget those who don't even transform their figures, or even take it outa the box. :crazy: :lol 
    That's right. I'm throwing shade.:throw 
    :poke 
    :stick: 
    :deadhorse: 
    :horse: 

• Like Like x 6
  5. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    I own both Zeta and FT sets.

I use the Zeta one for the toy version accuracy and the FT ones will be for toon accuracy.

Both have it's pluses and its minuses.

Zeta Toys Positives:

1. I can transform them with extreme ease.
    2. The combined mode is possibly THE most stable combiner among the numerous I own, both official and third party.
    3. Like what was said above, the individual figures have full range of waist articulation.
    4. The playability is much higher as there's no fear of paint scratching.
    5. Toy accuracy, with the exception of some of the individual bot heads and accurate backpacks.
    6. Scales better with the carbots and whatnot if you're into that.

Zeta Toys Negatives:

1. The materials used does leave much to be desired. But iirc, these were cheaper than FT's price tag to begin with so you do get what you pay for.
    2. Zeta decided to switch heads from toy to cartoon halfway through the release. It pains me that I cannot have an all toy accurate head set for the individual bots.
    3. The transformation for the legs are the same as are the arms. But we don't know if that will be the case for FT either, in fairness.

Fans Toys Positives:

1. First class materials, as always.
    2. The paint apps are immaculate and the details are top notch.
    3. It feels like an expensive piece and therefore should belong on a collector's shelf.
    4. Screen accuracy. The front robot parts look like they just stepped out of the screen. The backpacks, however, see below.
    5. From what has been said, this is supposed to be the biggest combiner to day, so we'll see.

Fans Toys Negatives:

1. The waists on the individual bots. There's no amount of sugar coating it. Sorry.
    2. I like backpack accuracy and FT definitely did not follow the silhouette to a T like Zeta's did. The main wings are supposed to be on the legs and the vertical stabilizers are supposed to be upright and down the middle. Goose's was nothing like that and Iceman's official transformation isn't either. I'm going to fiddle around with Iceman and see if I can get a more accurate backpack going but Goose's definitely can't.
    3. Transformation. While I can understand doing a simple transformation like Zeta's can get boring really quickly, I also don't want to spend too much time on an overly complete process.

This is my own opinion of both sets. Take it for what you will but having both sets, I definitely appreciate both.

It really just comes down to what you're looking for in the set. There is no right/wrong answer.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 9
  6. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

Competition can't hurt!
    I use a bit of waist swivel on every figure cause it makes them look more natural with little tilt, but not having it isn't the end of the world. It clearly isn't a priority for Fans Toys though which is a bummer, it can obviously be done if it's factored in as a priority.

• Like Like x 3
  7. TF3D

TF3D DGS

News Credits:
    . Clearly, it is not a priority for toy fans.
    They are focused on the combined mode, so let's wait and see what happens.

• Like Like x 1
  8. sifu74

sifu74 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Saw your review, I found it funny you gave the accessories a 9/10 with only 2 guns and a alternate face.

• Like Like x 2
  9. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very balanced opinion. FT buyers like Bobby Skullface put a premium on materials, paint and heft. FT knows this and they play to their demographics. Occasionally, they throw a bone or two and give us figures that are nice to transform, but for FT buyers, that's like a bonus.

IMHO, once a collection passes a certain number of figures, it's better to have a nice looking collection than one that can be easily transformed.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Dead End14

Dead End14 Well-Known Member

So is an XTB version confirmed?

11. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    do you have the metallic or original Zeta set?

12. Jersey_Steel

Jersey_Steel Well-Known Member

Got iceman and although I prefer the character, I feel like Goose is a better design. 20200515_153307.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  13. sifu74

sifu74 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think 598 said he has most of them on the drawing board. I hope he can compact the jet backpack(FT could have done that with their hollow chest and legs in bot mode) and give us an crunch and real waist swivel, is that too much to ask?

People that are ok with no waist swivel is what's giving FT their "fuck it" attitude.
    I only drive 65 mph..I'm fine with car companies limiting all their cars to 65 mph cause I will never drive over that cause I'm a law abiding citizen :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 3
  14. Markus76

Markus76 Well-Known Member

Oh I'd love for everything to be articulated as much as possible. Honestly, the bigger crime in my view is how few MP type figures can touch the palms of their hands together in front of their chests, but no one says anything about that.

• Like Like x 4
  15. MINDVVIPE

Hehe. That is a cool bit of articulation - Butterfly joints that facilitate that are always welcome.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    I have the original set.

17. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Moderator

NO I get it but still, I don't discredit using them. They're good, I just make sure I use Paypal :p 

Lately they've been better on getting stuff sooner. Still getting an order in is better than not at all right now.

They've got a new factory so that might be part of the cause lately? Not sure.

18. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean, yeah...I don't need a car to go faster than I will ever drive it.

I don't need any product to do something I'll never use it for.

19. Shanxs

Shanxs Open your eyes. Can't you see?

Back in the day when phoenix didn't have waist articulation, nobody complained.
    Except me.
    That is why i didn't bought him back then for 200 usd.
    Then with reissue, i thought, he is the best looking and the only ( next to chronos ) skyfire.
    And so i bought him for 240 usd.
    I paid 40 to much.
    But lucky i did buy him.
    Because the cheapest goes for over 300 now.

Luckily you guys woke up.
    I guess some of you were like me.
    Now lets see FT do some changes, now so many peoples complaining about waist swivel.

Like i said, i don't mind not having ab crunch.
    Because you can do a look a like ab crunch with every figure that can move its legs forward.

I know, i know.
    My comment is 1: stating a fact.
    2. Also kind of a joke.
    So don't take it to seriously.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2020
  20. Ultra Magnum

Ultra Magnum Well-Known Member

Hey thanks for watching!

For the accessories the way I judge it is this: if it has everything you expect for the figure, and these things are nicely painted, sculpted and can be used easily and do what they should do, like stay in the hand and clear against the wrist, then 10 /10. If they fail on any of those, start knocking points!

:)  My pleasure! Have a good weekend and hats off to you, glad I made you laugh!

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1