FansToys FT-30A-E Ethereaon (Masterpiece Superion/Aerialbots)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Nov 13, 2017.

1. icewolf74

icewolf74 Well-Known Member

It blows my mind how some people are nitpicking the crap out of Goose. His waist won't swivel a certain direction? His cockpit window doesn't sit in the plane a certain way? His panels are too far apart? His backpack doesn't look a certain way?

Kudos to those who are enjoying him and don't care about such trivial nonsense. Goose looks like an awesome robot and F16 fighter jet to me; probably the best designed version of the character so far as a toy, just like Maverick was for G1 Silverbolt. I can't wait until mine arrives in a day or two.

• Like Like x 5
  2. El Duque

El Duque Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It really just illustrates the embarrassment of riches we're currently experiencing as collectors. Just about everything that is being produced right now is ridiculously good, regardless of the company.

• Like Like x 4
  3. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

I think Paik nailed it. His version matches with the FansToys renders so yeah... I like to fold the wings back rather than have them go straight back, makes it look a little more compact. I do the same for Goose's bot mode as well.

4. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

• Like Like x 1
  5. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

Well, I agree that wasn't the best, but it did give the option to hide the nosecone and further reduce the size of the backpack in 'bot mode. Strange it wasn't as noticeable on their Air Raid, despite having exactly the same engineering. I'm wondering if it was down to the colour, and taking that into consideration, I'm debating painting the entire front part of the nosecone black. I need to have a play with photoshop.

Aren't we allowed to express opinions now, if we don't think a figure is up to snuff? Or is this thread for Fanstoysboys only? I'm only nitpicking because I loved Maverick so much... in fact, that figure (as it stands) is probably going to be my nominee for MP figure of the year. Goose seems like several steps backwards in quite a few aspects.

• Like Like x 4
  6. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    It blows my mind how willing to settle people are, especially when it comes to Fans Toys.

• Like Like x 6
  7. o1dpain1ess

o1dpain1ess Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I don't think questioning why the waist only rotates one direction is nitpicking personally. In fact, that's kind of an absurd omission when so many figures are pushing the boundaries these days with butterfly joint shoulders, ab crunch, among other things, pushing the boundary of display piece and something that can be dynamically posed. With that being said, I look forward to receiving mine on Monday and getting some hands-on time with Goose soon! The sculpt does look spectacular.

• Like Like x 4
  8. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

If any other company, HasTak included, released a premium figure which only had a single direction waist swivel, there's no way it would get off so lightly.

• Like Like x 3
  9. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I read from one post from Baidu that Goose doesn't have combiner port/socket? Is it true? then how does this work as leg?

• Like Like x 1
  10. OverBleed

OverBleed I Love This Show!

Its way easier to just break the figure in half at the waist then put it back together where you want it positioned.

11. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:

yeah looking at you bumblebee v2!! one of the worst designed and cheapest feeling figures i have ever handled

• Like Like x 3
  12. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    They would, because just like we have Fans Trolls here, they also have Takara Trolls there. Every company has their own army including X Troll Bots and many others ;) 

Now it might not be a single directional waist swivel, it might be broken knees, figures that break apart upon first transformation, figures that get scratched easily during transformation, etc.

And of course, the ones leading the armies are people who "believe in the validity of other people's opinions" as well as "I am too much of a nice guy, but I just can't help it", etc types.

In other words, it's just another day at tfw2005. I see you joined in 2015, so maybe you have not been paying attention ;) 

Now that Silicon Valley is over, we need a new HBO show called .... tfw2005.

13. Paik4Life

Paik4Life Reviews

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think it's up to people to determine whether uni-directional waist thing is a big deal or not, but I can't see how anyone could say it's normal. I think @the oaf is on point, I think FT gets way too much leeway for ridiculous choices that they make like this or some transformation choices.

I personally don't mind the choices they made for transformation (wings not going to the legs for robot mode), I think it's a fine compromise and overall still looks pretty accurate. The rest of the backpack is just okay, not great, not terrible.

In any case, my full review in HD and with more requested comparisons like with seekers and with Zeta Downthrust (courtesty of @Razerwire) will be premiering in about an hour:

~Paik

• Like Like x 12
  14. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Say that again out loud.

A premium figure from a top tier company can't move its waist one way and you think ppl are nitpicking?

He looks fucking amazing. He'll be a leg for 99% of ppl but not having basic articulation is unforgivable. You can still like it and not be 100% happy.

If this was any other company, especially Takara or XTB, ppl would be going bonkers and tearing strips out of it and I absolutely detest the fandom for that double standard.

That all said I really do like him because he utterly nails the aesthetic despite the lack of basic articulation.

• Like Like x 19
  15. Shunwei

Shunwei Well-Known Member

Paik, it's just certain individuals who accuse other people as fanboys but are the real fanboys themselves. Personally I only care about the best figure, be it it TT or 3P, the origin doesn't matter to me. FT's products are getting increasingly good for something like a statue, whereas everyone else is headed towards a different direction of better articulation and manoeverability. If it is another TT figure with this kind of backpack or articulation issues, yeah you are right it would be blood in the streets. FT advocates would just shrug and give it a pass.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    I'll be keeping my Zeta as the toy version in combined mode and FT for toon. I just hope FT pulls off the combined mode successfully.

Also, Zeta will be the ones I actually transform and mess with since I love jets and the alt mode is just as important as the other two modes.

17. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Again, this is where I wish more people focused on the figures versus the company who made them. Personally I find FT hit or miss based on what I look for in my Transformers. Some of their stuff looks amazing and is fun to play with and pose and I love those figures. But some of their stuff looks amazing and cartoon accurate, but has limitations in articulation and pose-ability. Maverick and Goose both feel like the latter to me - good looking bots which nail the cartoon look from the front and in alt mode (much like the current TT offerings) but unlike the current TT offerings, they do not offer great articulation to make up for their shortcomings. In the case of Maverick he also feels too big without seemingly needing to be.

Since my personal preference is for figures which look awesome and are fun to play with, I'm probably going to sell my copy of Maverick and skip the FT Aerialbots with the hope that either XTB, MMC, or even TT eventually make a set I like.

And lest I get called out for hating on FT, I can hardly wait for their Sheridan, Thomas, and Beserk. Yes, I'm allowed to love some figures from a company and skip others. :) 

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  18. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    If you're in the UK I'm looking for Maverick!

19. Dead End14

Dead End14 Well-Known Member

Hahha same here pal.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How many guns does Goose come with?