FansToys FT-28 Hydra (Masterpiece Six Shot)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CliffjumperUK, Nov 21, 2016.

1. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @Teletran-1 see the video below for the fix. It is a public Facebook video on Epykk's Facebook page and not in that private FB FT group.
    Thanks.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

[​IMG]

Got this handsome fellow today and came here to look for a knee fix, so thanks for that!!

• Like Like x 7
  3. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

More like...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  4. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree. There are definitely great things about him. The paint was beautiful. But the transformation was... not great and the alt modes weren't worth the hassle. I sold him in favor of Fuuma and have been very happy. I just wish Fuuma came with a second sword.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Enfin

Enfin Destron

How is this bot holding for people since it came out and they bought it? Still working fine or have issues popped up?

6. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    I have 3 Fuumas and I am quite happy with him too. I had the opportunity to buy Hydra, but the way his knees work wasn't the best and I decided against buying him.

7. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

Yeah, definitely more likely with THOSE knees....

8. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

I just opened my FT Hydra. Knees and hip with a Van Damm pose are very loose. Thanks for the link to the knee fix. After watching the video, it seems that the reason for the loose knee is that the spring is not long enough, is that correct? If, I purchase a longer spring, would that solve the problem?

9. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't say for sure if a longer spring is the true culprit. Maybe @Epykk Dyzastur who made the video for the fix can chime in.

10. Epykk Dyzastur

Epykk Dyzastur Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    It would depend on how strong the new spring is. The ones in the figure are pretty strong, but not long enough so, I used the twist ties as a buffer. Worked very well!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    I really don't love this figure and I also have DX9 hanzo so considering the market value of these things nowadays I'm probably just being stupid not selling this thing for 100% profit.

If anyone is pressed to get one, Holler at me. Only displayed in robot mode in a glass case, never transformed,box and all paperwork included.

12. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    Let’s talk, my friend.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Roadbuster25

Do you prefer DX9? I almost bought that one.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Peacefather

Peacefather Reject Trukk. Return to Munky.

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I have both Hanzo and Hydra and while Hydra has overall cleaner modes, Hanzo is way more durable and has better articulation and stability in robot mode.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    You know what? I think I do.

I had a chance to trade for Fuuma a while back and I regret passing it up. I think Fuuma is the coolest looking option (though not show accurate)

If you actually want to pose, play with, and transform the thing though? It's DX9, and that's not even close.

Hanzo seems so much more, I don't know, alive. From the face sculpt on down. Hydra IS more screen-accurate, it's also bigger with a nicer paint finish (He's also closer in size to MP Ultra Magnus), and the altmodes are also more screen accurate, but I bought it to replace Hanzo, it's been more than a year, and I don't want to replace Hanzo.

I like Hanzo's wolf mode better but all of Hydra's other altmodes are better. Weapons are a wash. I like how Hanzo's wings don't have to fold up on his back, but I like how Hydra 1) has longer wings in altmode, and 2) gives you the option to fold them so he isn't quite so tall, vertically. Hydra, like many FT figures, feels more complex than it needs to be but I also appreciate the attention to detail in moving things around to where they're really supposed to be according to the animation models. I also don't like how they put the thigh cuts mid-thigh; it's okay when it's someone with a round leg like Galvatron or even kind of a rounded-off square like Springer but Sixshot's legs are big, angular rectangles. That's a design choice I always hated, even from the prototype stage.

Hanzo is WAY more fun to manipulate and play with and has no issues with its joints. Like all DX9 toys (except maybe Chigurh) it's just a great-looking, fun toy with a gang of personality. That said, the wolf mode is the only one that actually looks better overall than FT's. Aside from the headsculpt and thigh cuts, FT's bot mode looks somewhat better. The tank mode is WAY better, and the plane mode is significantly better. It's just... will you go to those modes? I've transformed my DX9 multiple times into every mode just for fun. I don't transform any FT figures just for fun except their Dinobots... and those are so valuable now that I'm lightweight scared to, LOL

It's also worth pointing out that Hanzo offers a couple of options with the standard aquamarine show-accurate version and the green toy-accurate version. No other MP scale Sixshot gives you a toy deco option. He also comes with some cool ninja styled weapons that Hydra lacks, although Hydra has the badass splittable sword.

Re: Issues, Hanzo has some pretty well-known issues with finish and paint, like... some parts almost look like they got dirty before they dried. It still looks good though. I haven't messed with it, like at all, but I assume Hydra eventually would have the same knee issues as everyone else -- part of why I never messed with it. But like my XTB Cyclonus, which has never been transformed specifically so I don't shear the cockpit tabs, my decision to be 'hands off' with my figure (hopefully) means that it has fewer problems than other used figures if I do decide to sell it.

So I'd say it depends on you. Sixshot isn't a super important character to me so I'm having trouble justifying having two in my collection when I could sell the one I honestly like less for twice what I paid for it, and use that money to buy things I do want. There's nothing wrong with it though, both my individual copy and it as a figure in general; if slavish toon accuracy matters more than anything else, Hydra is the ONLY fully toon accurate option. I'm okay with Hanzo being 'close enough,' but not everybody is.

I know this isn't the greatest sales pitch ever for somebody looking to offload a figure but that's how I feel. I also know that there are enough FansToys collectors out there that I'll get a decent price for this one way or another, so I might as well keep it real. It's a good figure but it's not one of their best. I wasn't wowed by it the way I was, say, Motormaster. It really comes down to what you need your collection to be.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  16. Peacefather

Peacefather Reject Trukk. Return to Munky.

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I personally like to see one as the actual Sixshot and the other one as a clone.

• Like Like x 2
  17. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Watch for waspies

For display, he's wonderful, but I don't transform him anymore out of fear of breaking him. The tolerance on the point where the arm attaches to the torso is just so tight I feel like I'm going to rip him apart every time. Over time, his knees have gotten looser so he's a bit of a bear to pose.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Roadbuster25

I havent transformed my FT Sixshot yet. Now I am fearful lol. But DX9 sounds like a really fun option

Sixshot was low on my list of TF characters until I read the comics where they go into his creation and as a phase sixer.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  19. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    I am an FT fan, but DX9 is the gold standard when it comes to fun transformations.

• Like Like x 2
  20. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Get Fuuma if you want a Sixshot that closely resembles his comic look more.

I hope FT fix Hydra knees, if that happen I might get one...

Edit 1: The moderator merged two unrelated coments of mine lol

Edit 2: Gcreation is going to release a metallic version of Fuuma, So now I really don’t have need for FT's Hydra.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 2