FansToys FT-28 Hydra (Masterpiece Six Shot)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CliffjumperUK, Nov 21, 2016.

1. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Does it come in purple?

News Credits:
    Incorrect actually, as a BSF fan I can confirm that there is a core group of us that go around and force others to watch his videos. In this case I was responsible for MINDVVIPE watching BSF's video this morning.

• Like Like x 6
  2. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well well well, I’ve got stuff for sale:D 

3. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

Uh, I choose who I find credible and who I don't. That decision is ALWAYS mine, and sharing my opinion is what you do on forums. If your a bsf groupie or some virtue signaling lemming, that's not my problem.
    If I do a review and break the toy on screen, I'm not going to give the figure a "strong recommend" despite how much I like other aspects of the figure. If you have lower standards, that really isn't my fault.
    No shit no one is forcing us to watch the videos. No one is forcing you to be butthurt about opinions on the videos we watch either. Chill out and stop attacking other forum members.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think he recommended it coz he realized that the breakage was his own fuck up...He didnt extend the wing pieces properly before folding them to tab on the transcluscent piece so they didnt have the proper clearance to sit in place..and of course he tried to force them on there instead of pulling them up first

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  5. mags2424

mags2424 TT and 3P MP Advocate

This.

• Like Like x 3
  6. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Does it come in purple?

News Credits:
    I think all the points you make are fair. I really dig BSF but, yeah, the dude can be ham handed during transformations. That said, clipping into translucent plastic is a bad move and in both cases mentioned painted regular plastic would have been a better option.

As for the "Fall of Fanstoys" I can't say. I do like to occasionally flip my bots and when I do their's are never the ones I reach for. I don't think any of their releases are good for that. I do agree that XTB have greatly stepped up their game with several releases this year though.

Edit: accidentally quoted some other posters by accident.

• Like Like x 2
  7. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

No one is saying he's a womanizing midget hater.
    I am criticisizing toy review credibility based on a toy review video he voluntarily made.
    If he didnt extend the wings correctly, that's even more a legitimate way to criticize him as he made a mistake and broke the figure for it. If you don't research, take your time, etc. and then break the toy, he is doing a poor job at his reviews. He can give a strong recommend all he wants, his opinion just doesn't matter to me. There are many more reviewers who do a better job.

• Like Like x 4
  8. mags2424

I don't disagree with these points. But his credibility as a reviewer isn't tarnished because he sucks at transforming. He has said in many of his reviews he is not good at it and seems to me treats his collection more like statues anyway which a lot of collectors do. I think you can recommend something on looks and shelf presence even if you mess up part of the transformation.

• Like Like x 4
  9. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

Well everyone decides who is credible or not for themselves. For me, he is not. My opinion on this doesnt have to affect anyone else, so I don't really see the problem here.

10. mags2424

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion and I understand where you are coming from. I don't go to BSF for his review on the transformation. I just like his style of review, humor, and what his preferences are when it comes to figures (paint, looks, shelf presence). If I need help transforming I'll got to Paik or Emgo. For me transformations are like a necessary gimmick (which I usually skip when watching reviews), it could be the worst transformation but look perfect in both modes and I would think it deserves a recommend. I am more of a they are statues collector with the occasional transform since I usually don't have the time to really fiddle with them.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Hawkwave

Hawkwave Well-Known Member

Is it weird that having had no interest in a sixshot that this figure makes me want to get the gcreation one?

As to BSF's reviews, he is harsh with his toys. A fact he admits to. A lot of the figures he has problems transformation wise others don't. So for him to break a toy and still recommend it, I do not think he is being disengenious. I bet everyone who watches his review and buys the figure are going to be really careful with it now though. Also he is not a collector who constantly flips his transformers back and forth.
    Another fact he is up front about.

His opinion is still worth listentening to even if you don't agree with him. It still helps inform your purchase. I find his reviews very useful. So many reviews have such milk toast opinions, because they are afraid of offending their viewers/sponsors. He outright refuses sponsors btw.

I would say a large part of why I don't get Fans Toys figures is because of BSF. He may recommend or even strongly recommend a figure, but he always gives you the negatives.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    That’s honestly the only thing stopping me right now. I’m fairly confident we’ll get that color by this time, next year. But I’m just here to enjoy the photos. Surely, more will get posted as more and more people get theirs.

13. warhide

warhide Deceptcreeps Smasher

Mine arrived today, gorgeous as it should be. No knee looseness, all pretty solid as expected for that kind of soft ratchet joint. Colors are great, plastic quality is top notch as usual, what a presence indeed!!!
    Sadly his ankle is really limited, reminds me Lupus, but its not a dealbreaker at all. Now this boy is HUGE, I mean, I need to display him with the folded wings otherwise it's a no go ahaha. He´s bigger than my FT Phoenix with legs collapsed hahahahaha.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  14. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    He literally stepped through every mode one after the other, in detail, and showed \ talked about each part. He gave clear demonstrations of articulation and pointed out where it was \ wasn't painted, and where the die-cast was. Then he even broke a bit by accident. He showed you all the accessories.

Job done - a fairly comprehensive overview of the toy as a whole. Take the evidence you see \ hear and use it to inform your own decision to buy or not.

Who really cares if he then recommended it or not? Make up your own mind based on what you've seen from the video, his verdict should essentially be irrelevant to you, other than to post some negatives up about him as a reviewer \ person.

And credibility? Unless he's got a special 'just for Bobby' version of the toy which is much better than the production version that everyone else will...again - should be irrelevant. Just like if you don't like Paik or Emgo - they clearly explain and transform stuff accurately, which is the point of their videos (much more so than BSF).

Hell, Woafta is my favorite reviewer and i can't understand a word he says...but he gives a great overview of the toy which is the key thing here....you're buying the toy, not the reviewers opinion of it.

• Like Like x 7
  15. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Ebay:
    I can only speak for my collection and my personal sensibilities:

FT toys that I like to flip back and forth:
    Sever (really fun to transform)
    Grinder
    Stomp
    Quake Wave
    Dracula

FT toys that I don't like to transform (not terrible, just not fun):
    Cesium
    Soar
    Willis
    Lupus

FT toys that I refuse to transform:
    Spotter

That is it for my FT collection.

16. FattyMoBookyBut

FattyMoBookyBut Well-Known Member

Did you watch the video? BSF starts off his video saying he's going through the transformation for the first time since there are rumblings of issues on on the boards/forums.

I'll give him slack for breaking the window, but daaamn, you could see the pressure it was under while he was tabbing it in. That's a no-go, back-it-up 10 steps, retrace your steps for me. But I'm not reviewing for YouTube, so it's quite different.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Tryptlock

Tryptlock Well-Known Member

Normally, a frankly boneheaded move like requiring the big wing pieces to tab into the clear plastic cockpit, risking breakage, would be a dealbreaker for me. However, I've always felt that gun mode was the weakest of all Sixshot modes and have come up with a sixth mode of my own to replace it in every Sixshot figure I've bought. I'll usually transform a Sixshot rendition to gun mode once just to see it, but I can live without doing that this time. I'm still down for Hydra. I'm thinking I'll have a bottle of shock oil ready for some parts when I start transforming, though.

• Like Like x 1
  18. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    XTB tied with FT? XTB's better figures are simple creations. But the fact that both companies utilize transparent plastics for "critical" parts does lend credence to ......
    Keith == dalianjj.

All 3P roads in China flow through Keith ......

19. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is anyone else interested in a Greatshot remould? I asked dalianjj if there is a chance of one happening. If there's enough interest, maybe they'll consider it. I don't really follow the Japanese continuity much, but I love Greatshot's design.

• Like Like x 4
  20. borgified

borgified You're going to get speared to death!

News Credits:
    I will actually go for this as well.

Hmm.. And I think that we should also get one for @Maz (if he does wishes for one). :D 

• Like Like x 1