FansToys FT-22 Koot (Masterpiece Kup)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by o1dpain1ess, Oct 22, 2016.

1. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    I totally agree here.

No need to remove those parts at all. I admit, first time transforming him into Truck mode was a little annoying, but once I figured out how it all fit together I never struggled again. But I do agree with others, the transformation process is NOt fun going from either mode. Tolerances are a nightmare. reminds me of Fansproject tolerances in most cases. (remember Defender? ugh!)

• Like Like x 1
  2. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sanding or filing parts down is one thing but chopping pieces off and gluing others.....idk.

3. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    it's his 100+ bucks. he can do whatever, but as for me. Ehhhh nah man, I'm cool. :lol 

4. PkP Edge PkP

PkP Edge PkP Well-Known Member

Yeah I can see sanding down a tab or something but to like snap pieces and glue a peg on.... yeah nah

5. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

Who are you even talking to? There is a nifty feature called "quick reply" that shows who you are responding to (notice above, I used it myself). I'm assuming you weren't talking to me though because I sure didn't ruin my figure.
    I made transformation easier with no need to bend or potentially stress any parts in the process with zero cosmetic or functionality negatives.

If you think any kind of modifications to figures is by default "ruining" it because it isn't stock anymore, or think the way things come fresh out of the box is always perfect, that's just your opinion and you probably haven't heard about action figure customizers who make a good bit of money improving figures all the time.

If you can do it well without any negatives whatsoever so the figure looks the same but functions better, what's the difference in modifications or simply filing something down?

Yeah, if you aren't confident you can do it right, best not to risk messing up your $100 figure.
    I've been doing this stuff for a living for over a decade so I had no worries, but it really is an easy mod with no negatives at all if done right (both my mod and Orion2703's). Figure looks the same but functions better. Win/win.

Transformed him to truck and back twice now with no struggles except a tiny bit with the legs. I was genuinely unhappy with the money I spent on this figure but now I really like it. I posted my mod to go along with Orion2703's mod just to help some of those who also disliked how unnecessarily difficult Koot's transformation was.

Here's how my Koot looks now. No noticeable differences.
    IMG_20180726_193931.jpg

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    that's why I said it's his money, so if he wants to do whatever to his figure, why should we care.

and your right, so long as it looks the same but functions easier, whatever works. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Unicron9

I know. I didn't disagree with you or insinuate that I didn't understand. ;) 

8. Destructimis Prime

Destructimis Prime We have Landed

News Credits:
    I know how to use the quote feature.

I have customized my share of Transformers. I feel the mods you have done are a bit extreme. I know it’s your figure so do as you please but people who read your post should know that they don’t have to go to these extreme part removal to enjoy Koot.

The bemoaning over Koot’s transformation in this thread shows that people are not giving him a chance by only transforming him once or twice. Of course the first couple times are going to be figuring out the order and proper steps to transform him but it gets easier and it’s really not as difficult or complicated as I’d heard. I described a better transformation step here
    \/
    I know your mod is about the final steps of locking the truck mode together. I like that final step. It yields a rock solid alt mode that is truly a thing of beauty. Right out of the movie.

Edit: I looked at your profile and can see you are a talented customizer and I like your work. I’ve seen some of your posts in the Radcon section before.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  9. Unicron9

Considering the parts I removed are 99% pointless and mostly just serve to make the last step of his transformation more of a pain, I don't see anything at all extreme about it. More people than not have bashed how far from fun this figure is to transform. Have you watched the reviews on him? It's generally considered the one real negative aspect, regardless of how good you got at it with practice.

I never had any massive misunderstanding on how the figure works at all. I understood it 100%, but felt I could make it more fun with no consequences, so I did.
    Both modes are still exactly as "rock solid" as they were before the mod.

And I certainly never implied anyone has to perform "extreme part removal to enjoy Koot".

• Like Like x 1
  10. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    FT really nailed the sculpt.

• Like Like x 3
  11. HanDy

HanDy You have been deceived

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm really on the fence with this figure. After watching some reviews i think the alt mode is ugly (which i guess is inherent of the charactee) and the transformation seems frustrating. Robot mode is nailed except for the backpack.

I think i'm going to wait for Locke and see how it turns out at the risk that Koot runs out of stock, XTB is killing it lately.

12. Destructimis Prime

Destructimis Prime We have Landed

News Credits:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

I just got Koot from Baba over the weekend thanks to that recent eBay discount. I'm surprised at how solid he is in bot mode, and there seem to be a wealth of die cast parts on him as he feels heavy like a paperweight. I dig him! Not sure I'm going to transform him or not, though. Read too many horror stories, and I'm always afraid that I'll snap something by forcing it.

14. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Optibotimus' Youtube video review appears to be the only one that shows both forward and reverse transformations for Koot. I've gotta give him props for that.

15. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    I’m the same I just got him and attempted to transform him to alt and struggled. I need to get the nuances down and figure out exactly how everything fits together. I think there are exact angles that need to be achieved or something.

16. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Make sure you guys do the wheel mod before transforming him, it's essential to not stressing parts when transforming him.

• Like Like x 1
  17. mags2424

mags2424 TT and 3P MP Advocate

Agreed. Once the wheel mode is done transformation is easier. As posted before, the part that you shave off really serves no purpose.

18. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    what part is that? I mean I ha
    what parts are you guys talking about?

I had no real difficulty transforming mine. tight tolerances aside.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dickyscrubbs

Dickyscrubbs A booby trap that catches boobies…

I forgot who posted this... still haven't transformed mine.. like most of my Fanstoys bots as of late.
    But as far as I know these are the parts that need to be trimmed.

Attached Files:

20. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Done. I can definitely see how removing that material would help the transformation.