FansToys FT-22 Koot (Masterpiece Kup)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by o1dpain1ess, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Ashpolt

Ashpolt Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I'm....not sure how either of those answer any of the "why"s in my post.

2. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    IMG_20180712_205703_761.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  3. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. timcourtois

timcourtois Well-Known Member

I got my Koot from the restock that just happened, and I think I've noticed something that's different from the first batch—at least on my copy.

I just put on the alternate chest pieces for the first time. On all the pictures I've seen online, they're very transparent. But on mine, the finish that's sprayed on them is thick enough that you can't actually see through them. A little light can pass through, but you can't see the underlying chest detail at all.

*shrug*. Very small bummer.

5. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

6. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If only MP-28 actually had that level of undercarriage clearance. Hoodlum can't get here fast enough.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Markus76

Markus76 Well-Known Member

Ok, I just got my Koot finally and I gotta say.....

The transformation wasn't that bad...maybe I'm missing something, but I'm probably gonna come across as a dick when I say this but if this guy is a "hard" transformation than you might just need to try harder. It was no more involved than MP Megatron or Sunstreaker and I found it easier than Rogue. The instructions are really well done from Fanstoys and if you just take your time and go from one step to the next it practically transforms itself. I really don't understand why anyone would think this is a difficult transformation. If it is, then maybe the 1-step transformers may be for you.

• Like Like x 1
  8. robh

robh Decepticon

you didn’t, until your last sentence.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Markus76

Yea, probably so. Oh well.

To be fair, the windshield split is kinda annoying though. My faction symbol splits and breaks apart in alt mode....rather perturbed by that.

10. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like you need a one step changer yourself. ;)  Read the instructions. The panels flip around to hide the robot faction when turning it into future truck mode.

Sorry for being blunt at the beginning, but now maybe you know how it feels being talked down to. Transformation may not be hard for you, but it's no justification to mock those who have a harder time at it. Most people just don't enjoy the process. Instead of running them down with a slam, how about perhaps sharing what made it enjoyable for you? Perhaps you did something differently? Something productive and positive to help others in some way would've been great. If I read something that made it a better experience for me, I'd thank you for it.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  11. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Would screencap and post this on the 'iamverysmart' subreddit, if the topic wasn't so niche.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Markus76

It doesn't matter to me to be talked down to. I missed the part about turning the panel around to hide the faction symbol. Thanks for the help on that, but I stand by the fact that this guy is not difficult to transform.

13. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    Just transformed Koot for the first time today and all of the above is spot on. When you break down his transformation steps there really isn't that many. The problem is that parts have to be in the *exact* spot before they'll clip together properly. You can even see where it has to go, but there's nothing intuitive about seeing how to get to that *exact* spot. The knees and the backpack going into the truck bed are cases in point. Also I too am mystified by that underarm rotating part. All it does is make that last couple of steps needlessly complicated for no purpose in either mode.

On the positive side, the he looks good in both modes. Yeah, I'm not a fan of the split window, but I see why they did it to better normalize the bot mode chest width. But the biggest plus is the build quality and materials used. Despite that clunky transformation I never felt like I was going to break anything. He feels real nice in hand. The targetmaster is pretty nice too.

14. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly Koot is the only FT figure I feel has any real "difficulty" to transform, but after a few rounds it isn't that bad. None of the others gave me any trouble after the first attempt.

15. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the look with the cigar face, but decided to stick with the standard face. Mainly because I KNOW I will lose that little cigar and that would suck. It is a nice option. And seeing my Season 3 bots look nearly complete is very rewarding. :) 

You are most welcome. And that isn't sarcasm from me. And it's not that you don't find it difficult to transform, it how you said it. It's cool tat you you find it as a good experience, but the fact remains there are people who are quite intelligent that find this one to be frustrating to say the least. Saying that they should just resort to buying one-step changers was kind of a hit below the belt. Social media is already so toxic that it is too bad that this was said. But, what's been said is over and done with. I hope you continue to enjoy Koot. I'd rather have a happy collector than one reporting sour news in the grand scheme of things. Congrats on that.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Markus76

That's cool and all, but I feel the need to defend the complexity of the transformation because it is a very good figure and the best representation of G1 Kup currently on the market. Transformations to get a G1 accurate MP-style version of a character are usually going to be somewhat complex. The only issues may be some of the backpack transformation as you do have to flex some pieces a bit to get the clearance to move things around. Anyone who has an issue with that, sure, go for it and I won't argue that one bit. It's just that saying the transformation is "too hard" or words to that effect, tends to trigger me a little bit anyway.

I did find Apache tough to transform at first, and I have said in that thread that I wasn't a fan of it, but once I did it a few times, I can do it just fine without even looking at the instructions, which I am certain will be the case for anyone who finds Koot's transformation to be hard. I'm no brainiac. I just feel that Fanstoys is one of the best 3p companies out there, and I would rather not see their sales hurt because a few are complaining about a difficult transformation when it isn't once you do it 2-3 times.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    IMG_20180714_001205_592.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  18. GAUGE

GAUGE -TF:WFC:Siege UNICRON Backer-

News Credits:
    You can defend whatever you want but if we dont like the transformation we dont like it. Nothing worse than a person trying to invalidate people's thoughts and feelings on figures they bought and paid for. Shame on you, sir.

I dont like the insane transformation either. It "IS" TOO COMPLEX. Defend deny all you like, the facts are the facts. It's a crap transformation.

His but and vehicle models look fantastic. Getting him to either mode is a pain in the ass. Now feel free to try to invalidate MY experience with MY FT KOOT.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  19. timcourtois

timcourtois Well-Known Member

Can anyone confirm if it's possible to transform him into vehicle mode with the alternate face & cigar on him?

I tried doing it, but the head wouldn't seem to pack away like it's supposed to. Eventually the cigar fell out of its little hole, and I stopped trying. Anyone got any tips?

20. Destructimis Prime

Destructimis Prime We have Landed

News Credits:
    I picked up Koot today at TFCON. He’s going to go great with Hoodlum, Rouge and Apache.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6