FansToys FT-22 Koot (Masterpiece Kup)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by o1dpain1ess, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Markus76

Markus76 Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter to me to be talked down to. I missed the part about turning the panel around to hide the faction symbol. Thanks for the help on that, but I stand by the fact that this guy is not difficult to transform.

2. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    Just transformed Koot for the first time today and all of the above is spot on. When you break down his transformation steps there really isn't that many. The problem is that parts have to be in the *exact* spot before they'll clip together properly. You can even see where it has to go, but there's nothing intuitive about seeing how to get to that *exact* spot. The knees and the backpack going into the truck bed are cases in point. Also I too am mystified by that underarm rotating part. All it does is make that last couple of steps needlessly complicated for no purpose in either mode.

On the positive side, the he looks good in both modes. Yeah, I'm not a fan of the split window, but I see why they did it to better normalize the bot mode chest width. But the biggest plus is the build quality and materials used. Despite that clunky transformation I never felt like I was going to break anything. He feels real nice in hand. The targetmaster is pretty nice too.

3. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly Koot is the only FT figure I feel has any real "difficulty" to transform, but after a few rounds it isn't that bad. None of the others gave me any trouble after the first attempt.

4. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the look with the cigar face, but decided to stick with the standard face. Mainly because I KNOW I will lose that little cigar and that would suck. It is a nice option. And seeing my Season 3 bots look nearly complete is very rewarding. :) 

You are most welcome. And that isn't sarcasm from me. And it's not that you don't find it difficult to transform, it how you said it. It's cool tat you you find it as a good experience, but the fact remains there are people who are quite intelligent that find this one to be frustrating to say the least. Saying that they should just resort to buying one-step changers was kind of a hit below the belt. Social media is already so toxic that it is too bad that this was said. But, what's been said is over and done with. I hope you continue to enjoy Koot. I'd rather have a happy collector than one reporting sour news in the grand scheme of things. Congrats on that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Markus76

Markus76 Well-Known Member

That's cool and all, but I feel the need to defend the complexity of the transformation because it is a very good figure and the best representation of G1 Kup currently on the market. Transformations to get a G1 accurate MP-style version of a character are usually going to be somewhat complex. The only issues may be some of the backpack transformation as you do have to flex some pieces a bit to get the clearance to move things around. Anyone who has an issue with that, sure, go for it and I won't argue that one bit. It's just that saying the transformation is "too hard" or words to that effect, tends to trigger me a little bit anyway.

I did find Apache tough to transform at first, and I have said in that thread that I wasn't a fan of it, but once I did it a few times, I can do it just fine without even looking at the instructions, which I am certain will be the case for anyone who finds Koot's transformation to be hard. I'm no brainiac. I just feel that Fanstoys is one of the best 3p companies out there, and I would rather not see their sales hurt because a few are complaining about a difficult transformation when it isn't once you do it 2-3 times.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    IMG_20180714_001205_592.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  7. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, There Is No Impossible

News Credits:
    You can defend whatever you want but if we dont like the transformation we dont like it. Nothing worse than a person trying to invalidate people's thoughts and feelings on figures they bought and paid for. Shame on you, sir.

I dont like the insane transformation either. It "IS" TOO COMPLEX. Defend deny all you like, the facts are the facts. It's a crap transformation.

His but and vehicle models look fantastic. Getting him to either mode is a pain in the ass. Now feel free to try to invalidate MY experience with MY FT KOOT.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. timcourtois

timcourtois Well-Known Member

Can anyone confirm if it's possible to transform him into vehicle mode with the alternate face & cigar on him?

I tried doing it, but the head wouldn't seem to pack away like it's supposed to. Eventually the cigar fell out of its little hole, and I stopped trying. Anyone got any tips?

9. Destructimis Prime

Destructimis Prime We have Landed

News Credits:
    I picked up Koot today at TFCON. He’s going to go great with Hoodlum, Rouge and Apache.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  10. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Looking gooood!

• Like Like x 1
  11. mirage426

mirage426 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I received my copy of Koot, as I was looking over everything, I just noticed the difference in the actual box with other Fans Toys releases. The box itself, the cardboard is a flat matte with no shine or coating at all.. and the embossing is kinda off, as well. Is this a thing with 2nd releases? The Dinos, Phoenix, Rouge and all the rest all have a shiny, almost water resistant coating to it... this one is like your typical Takara flat black MP box. Weird?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Steveo316

Steveo316 Well-Known Member

Hey Y'all,

I got my Koot in the mail today... No cigars:banghead: 

Question for anyone who did? where were they in the package? I'm guessing they should be in the sealed plastic bag with his alternate face / chest parts?

13. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes.

• Like Like x 1
  14. MOTOGPFAN46

MOTOGPFAN46 Well-Known Member

Cigars?
    How many is he supposed to come with?

15. Pomofo

Pomofo Well-Known Member

2 i believe

• Like Like x 1
  16. MOTOGPFAN46

MOTOGPFAN46 Well-Known Member

:banghead: 
    I just realized I’m missing one.:cry 

17. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Easy fix. Just email Fanstoys.

18. robh

robh Decepticon

just got this guy in and what a pain he is to TF. Not so bad that I couldn't do the steps in reverse without looking at a video/instructions, but the clearance issues are really bad. I now understand what people have been saying about recent FT stuff.

19. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

Even more easier transformation mod!

So I went to post a mod I did to make me hate Koot's transformation less, looked to make sure it wasn't already posted, and saw the above mod, which I also did after seeing it. Great find there Orion2703.
    I hated this things transformation. Just got it yesterday after reading people saying FT Rouge's (Arcee's) transformation was worse than Koot's, because I didn't think Rouge's transformation was all that bad. Maybe barely tougher than MP Sunstreaker, or on par with MP-36 Megatron. I found Koot's transformation to be much more of a pain- bad enough to make me unhappy with the figure. Had to try and fix that some.

Main issues were the lack of room when trying to get all the parts crammed together in the backpack/cab for alt mode (Orion's mod makes that much better), then getting those damn leg flaps that form the sides pegged in right. Those parts have too many places that have to line up and peg together just right, but I think for me the straw that broke the camels back was trying to get the cab rear side panels to peg into 3 places when one of those places is on f%*king swivel pins on both sides from the inside! Trying to get the peg into a hole when the peg moves around was not cool at all, and I couldn't find enough of a fantastic reason for those rotating parts to exist, so...

1.jpg
    I pressed a soldering iron on the pin until it popped out and the stupid pieces fell off. Did it with the back opened up, to be clear, as not to let a super heated pin run free in the cab innards.
    Then I had this:
    2.jpg

Then I cut the pegs off the stupid pieces.

3.jpg

Saved pegs. Tossed stupid.
    4.jpg

Then-

5.jpg

Combined with the other easier transformation mod, Koot's transformation is just not fun rather than a frustrating headache.
    Hope this helps someone in the world. And I hope I didn't miss where those parts were vital to anything, because I haven't transformed him back to bot mode, but as far as I can tell, they only exist to be annoying extra unnecessary pegs for alt mode and to sort of give some lame shape to his armpits in bot mode.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Destructimis Prime

Destructimis Prime We have Landed

News Credits:
    Instead of ruining the figure you could transform it correctly. Move the side hip skirts away first. The hinge allows them to twist and slot behind the side ab panels. This allows the problem area to rub but not flex when you move the panels to the back.

• Like Like x 1