Fanstoys FT-17 Hoodlum (Masterpiece Hot Rod)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks better than Takara's in every way (in my opinion, of course), aside from two pretty noticeable things:

1. the elbow joints are ugly as heck in car mode, breaking the nice clean lines along the figure.
    2. the windshield should form a nice continuous line with the contours of the hood, instead of bulging up- this is a major part of recreating that beautiful vehicle mode Hot Rod has.

Aside from that, I'm loving this guy. So clean in both modes, aside from the 2 bits I mentioned, and I really like the way they handled the rear wheels- simple but amazingly effective.

2. ArmedonLSD

ArmedonLSD Well-Known Member

Fishing pole and binocs or im out.

That daid, f-ing awesome

3. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

I'll reserve judgement until I see actual figure pics, renders are one thing, but in plastic is something else altogether.

Many things can be changed just to fit the reality of a transforming toy. Just saying, I'm not knocking this, but it's only renders we're looking at. They don't even have Willis in colored prototype pics yet, this is a ways off if their delays on previous ones are any indication.

4. merphul

merphul Well-Known Member

Why do I enjoy hiking but hate backpacks? this guy looks so much slimmer and therefore better.

well you know... there's a small minority of collectors that spend a lot of time looking at the bottom of the alt modes...

if they posted the concept images AND assigned it a number... I think there's a fair chance it'll happen. and we've known about hot rod since... the beginning of October?

5. BAD187

BAD187 Banned

Best looking one so far. Backpack is still too large. But not by much this time around.

6. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

Didn't say I was personally worried about fake parts, but there seems to be a lot of people bitching that Sunsurge has a fake chest...I just wonder if this Roddy will get a free pass because of being Fanstoys. Just curious to see.

7. Brooklynwolf

Brooklynwolf Well-Known Member

This actually looks really good! I'm getting this...as well as TT's offering because that looks awesome too...one can never have too many hot rods IMO.

I don't see why some would be upset over a faux hood/chest. In the cartoons they cheat a lot with the animation model to achieve a certain look. There's nothing wrong with a toy transformation with cheats to make it look more like the cartoon tbh.

8. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

Yep, exactly. Ironhide in no time :) .

9. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still holding out hope for one since so far he doesn't even have guns.

I would likely agree with you if this was revealed before MP-28, but the fact we are seeing this for the first time not just after, but weeks later, I'm not so sure anymore.

Quoted for truth, removing the silly "in my opinion" part since it is clearly fact rather than opinion.

The question you have to ask yourself is do you believe they can actually make one with it smaller? Eventual physical reality takes over.

10. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I pretty much never say this but... this looks better than the official one. The vehicle mode looks a little too rounded, perhaps, but that's about it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well, there it is. FT is now better than Takara in a straight up comparison.

• Like Like x 1
  12. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh man, it looks better than the TT version but I need to see the actual prototype but I guess this being FTs, the build quality will be there.

Oh please, please, please give us a Rodimus Prime to replace the crappy MP-9 version that I have in my store-room! X)

13. Exousia

Exousia Lost Lighter

News Credits:
    The alt mode looks a little... off. The proportions are distorted, making it look almost like a Bumblebee-style penny racer. I think it's mostly do to how short the car appears to be, which seems to be in service of having the arms form the entire length of the sides of the car. It makes me wonder how this guy would look with other carbots.

I'm also not a fan of the fake chest. Not just because it's fake, but also because it appears to be a very flat/thin plate. Which I think looks bad from the sides, at least in the renders. The backpack does look better, of course. The arms and legs are fine, though very comparable to Takara's. The hands actually look a little oddly small to me, but I'm not sure about that.

Having said all that, I'd probably buy this guy anyway. I'm big fan of Hot Rodimus, so he's one of the few bots that I'd have no problems with having multiples of. Heck, I'm still hoping XTB and maybe MT or MMC come out with their versions of MP Hot Rod.

14. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I would buy this. Official just got beaten.

15. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?

16. jjtitus

jjtitus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    These are the moments I sometimes regret using a Japanese retailer to buy by MPs where I have to prepay. This will probably take 2 years to come out though, so I'll at least be able to enjoy the official.

17. Quickwing

Quickwing Devasia Mentality

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I must be missing something if I can't see what makes this undetailed 3D render automatically 100% better than official MP... then again it seems everything 3P does with their MP-alikes is automatically better just because these days =/

18. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks almost exactly the same as Takara's? Except the chest hood is fake, and it has seats. Takara wins in my book for the less cheat-y transformation, but I doubt we'll be seeing this in any case.

19. ckchan

ckchan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this looks to be the best looking mp hotrod by far. but having know that it use fake chest piece, it give me the feeling of this is more like a shellformers. except for the arm which actually transform, other bot parts are just hidden below...

will wait and see how things turn out for this one

20. Michael Mercy

Michael Mercy "Prepare for war, but strive for peace."

I hope they go through with this because the chest looks so much better than on the official one!