FansToys FT-16 Sovereign (Masterpiece Galvatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by icemanff23, Nov 15, 2015.

1. PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks

PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks Well-Known Member

I got the same basic response when I reached out for their help around a replacement knee ratchet for Thomas.

2. Maglite

Maglite Porkchop sandwiches!

I also got the exact same response (down to the same question marks and digits) so if it's not automated, it's a very curious c&p.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's odd. The holiday period is only about 10 days long starting on Monday. Not sure why they need almost a whole month off.
    I'd hit them up first thing Monday, March 1st.

4. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear that, is that a hinge?

5. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe they aren't returning to work until March? Why not just trust the response you got directly from the people you're trying to contact?

6. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
  7. KingSnarl00

KingSnarl00 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I should just wait for another company to make galavatron or just buy Fanstoys version. What do you guys think?

8. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    You just missed an FT-16 on Ebay yesterday which went for about $240-ish. I was close to buying it just to have both colors, but decided not to do so.

But you can get this one for $260-ish. Transformers Masterpiece Galvatron FansToys Sovereign FT-16M Mint +ToyHax Decals | eBay

And there are other good deals to be had on either of the colors you might want... When he was reissued in 2020, I got him for $229, I think. But after shipping and tax, he might've been about $240. The fact that you can get either of them for under $280 still is a good deal, I think. He's absolutely worth the money.

• Like Like x 3
  9. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    I'd go with just buy FT. Since that is what I did :D 
    Takara may do him but it's impossible to predict their decisions. XTB may one day release theirs... Who knows? We've not even seen a full 3D image of him. DX9 I hear is gone so unless MMC throw their hat in the game that's pretty much it

• Like Like x 2
  10. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    As far as I can tell, DX9's products will still be around for a while and they may just be re-branding themselves. But specific to Tyrant, somebody on the boards is selling a copy now, and you will see quite a few of them floating around on Ebay on occasion. This is the figure I've probably oscillated on the most because I used to fully intend to buy him, but really fell out of doing so once I saw him scaled with other characters, saw his legs, finer details, etc.

Open & Play Big Cannon - for what it costs - is also a great deal. And I'm not even sure that I like Tyrant that much more than that option. But FansToys won this battle a long time ago. For $260, I'd grab him in an instant.

• Like Like x 1
  11. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Ι caved in and bought it, not so awhile ago. Not regret it in the least. Though you must factor in the fact that a Galvatron release from someone else IS inevitable, and unless they are lobotomized or a TT or Hasbro designer (those are lobotomized by default or their executives are) its going to be better. Its an old design, that stood the test of time, but it can be done better right now, or in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  12. KingSnarl00

It's funny because I had the first release of sovereign a few years back, but I decided to sell him (I still regret doing that...). I've been meaning to get him, but I kept putting him off for so long.
    You're right. I don't know, I'll probably use the money for Fanstoys Bandit pre-order honestly.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    I sold the original release right when the pandemic started and almost instantly, the price skyrocketed and I regretted it a lot. But then, FT bailed me out by reissuing him. He's one of my favorite-looking figures.

• Like Like x 1
  14. octobotimus

octobotimus The figure’s back matters

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’m waiting on someone else to do it, or that dx9 re-issue. FT Galvatron looks cool, but not studio cell/almost zeta combiner price cool.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    XTB swears he's in re-design and will have a pre-order soon, but I am not expecting that to happen any time soon. Tydirium Hangar did an update on him a few times too, because he was one of the last Tyrant-to-Sovereign converts and has been looking forward to Abaddon for a while.

16. octobotimus

octobotimus The figure’s back matters

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah... no. I ain’t buying anything XTB after the shit they’ve pulled. Worse and worse quality and higher and higher prices.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    I get it, but my point really is that if they do finally release him, it may happen in a wave of reissues/alternate versions from other lines like some people have come to expect with the Stunticons, Kup, Springer, Cyclonus, etc.

18. KingSnarl00

I got my mine back in 2017 I think. I sold him because I didn't like the transformation and his altmode, but I still felt like I should've kept him. Oh yeah, those prices man, like it sucks and I'm probably not going to buy him because of his current price tag. I think I'm going to wait until another company does him. I'm in no rush to buy another galavatron.

19. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    There's a good case to be made that Tyrant has a better cannon mode. I've been kind of hoping for a G1 toy deco at some point, but I don't know who would be the leading candidate to do that on a Masterpiece scale.

I'm likely a little younger than some of the people here, so I was 2 when the movie was released and never really knew the show without the events of the movie being involved. So, Galvatron was nearly as important as Megatron was in my collection. After him and the OG Seekers, the Unicron trio were the most important Decepticons to track down, and I still feel like I haven't really nailed the lineup yet. So, I may just buy almost every good option out there for these three and just sell the ones I don't want to keep.

• Like Like x 2
  20. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

With all due respect to anyones opinion and preference: Bull. Both cannons are almost the same with minute details and the only major difference been the supports. I never understood why FT went with that decision on the design (probably to cut costs). Both as a representation of the mode, are based on a couple ill animated instances

galv.jpg

This is one of the 'hands down realities' this fandom develops without knowing why.
    Colour the FT one the same, and the differences become even less pronounced.

Then again if better means "same shit, with a better polish", then yes we it is better.

I would kill for that gold cannon of tyrant though, in both shape and colour.

• Like Like x 1