FansToys FT-16 Sovereign (Masterpiece Galvatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by icemanff23, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Goodriddance

Goodriddance Well-Known Member

My last pile of loot took a week to process once I paid the shipping. Hence why I still don't have my 29t Quietus to stand next to new galvy haha

2. Goodriddance

Goodriddance Well-Known Member

3. Junkmech

Junkmech Mouthplate Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Interesting how many folks are held up with BBTS. Took about a day from processing for mine to ship out, and according to tracking will be here Tuesday. Maybe it's favoritism since I buy stuff from them a lot? :lol 

4. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator! TFW2005 Supporter

Either that... or they oversold it... charged us... and haven’t shipped yet, why? Because there is nothing to ship. I’ve had this happen with BBTS before. This was a limited quantity release (not limited as never again to be produced). And lots of people were buying them up left and right quickly. The BBTS online inventory system may not have had accurate on-hand counts. But they sure are good about charging you for stuff... not so good on, making sure it is in stock and shipping it out quickly.

BBTS = BigBadSh!tStorm

So is mine. For over 7 days. Not good.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Junkmech

Junkmech Mouthplate Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yeah that would f#cking suck, is that something that has happened before? I've never heard of it happening with them but then again, I've never tried jumping on a limited item from them before.

6. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator! TFW2005 Supporter

Yes. Ive had it happened before with BBTS and so has a friend of mine several times. He still shops there cause he loves them for whatever reason... me... I'm out. Too much of a hassle and too many other retailers with better service and communication.

7. Goregrinder

Goregrinder Well-Known Member

For anyone who was wondering, the Sovereign i bought at a seemingly too good to be true price from a chinese ebay seller arrived as advertised! The blurple colour is very pretty in-person. I was worried it would be straight up blue but it's got great depth to it and has that purple tinge when the light hits it. He can look very blue in some areas and purple in others depending on the light and shadow.

"There will be no war today, Optimus Prime. You have earned Galvatron's respect."
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  8. jignat

jignat Well-Known Member

Which Optimus is that?

• Like Like x 1
  9. mags2424

mags2424 TT and 3P MP Advocate

MS-X I believe

• Like Like x 2
  10. Goregrinder

The Magic Square metallic version.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, looks like MS-01X. If you're interested in one, pm me! I have to whittle my collection down, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Zherneboh

Zherneboh BRAVE BOMBER

That's great! And one of my favourite moments from my childhood VHS recollecting!;) 

• Like Like x 1
  13. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That seller, jiangyaoming2018_0, has 3 left for $220 shipped.
    Transformers FansToys FT-16M Sovereign MP Galvatron Figure 2020 Reissue in stock | eBay

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  14. Goregrinder

To me that's where the cartoon continuity should have ended. Galvatron is restored to sanity, the war is over, and the transformers go on to more wild adventures in the universe.

Instead you've got either the Rebirth, where Galvatron is doing his stupidest and most insane plan ever, or the Headmasters, where Galvatron becomes comic relief and falls over all the time. Luckily as a kid I never had the Rebirth on VHS, the last thing I had was Return of Optimus Prime, so I got to go on believing the show had a good ending up until tfwiki ruined it for me.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Zherneboh

Zherneboh BRAVE BOMBER

Cartoon storywise I completely agree with you! Though I loved Rebirth as a kid I can't watch it now, just love the designs on all the Headmasters from a toy and aesthetic viewpoint, cheers!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I see it a little differently.
    To me the return of Optimus prime was Hasbro being its stupidest and giving in to a bunch of whiny parents.
    Man, that episode was dumb. I switched the channel even as a kid as soon as all the characters geewunners hate were infected and everyone was going: "Oh no! We need Optimus Prime!"

Rebirth on the other hand was some of the best and most epic storytelling we have gotten in this franchise .
    You got Galvatron reconquering Cybertron with a massive attack, Vector Sigma's plotting, a new race getting mixed up in the ever-spreading Cybertronian war and an open ending with lots of possibilities.
    It was awesome!

My only regret is that that was indeed the last G1 episode. If only Hasbro hadn't decided to axe their best promotional tool. We could have seen more stories featuring the Headmasters, Targetmasters, Powermasters and Pretenders.
    That would have been fantastic.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Durrin

Durrin Well-Known Member

This piece was loose in the box. Any ideas where it goes? Not immediately apparent.

Attached Files:

18. jnguyen

jnguyen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Behind the shoulders

19. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That happened on my regular FT-16. I recommend using something to hold it in place else it may likely fall out again. Maybe some blu tack or clear tape.

20. Durrin

Durrin Well-Known Member

Thanks. Not broke then it seems. That’s good. Anybody make a video yet on how to tab the back in? I’m definitely struggling with it