FansToys FT-14 Forager (MP Kickback)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jul 11, 2015.

1. blueben

blueben Holocaust

News Credits:
    Am I the only unlucky one?

Attached Files:

2. AmonDemon112

AmonDemon112 Demon General

News Credits:
    That is a beautiful display!!!

3. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Why aren't we doing phrasing anymore!?!

4. Flesh Creature

Flesh Creature Human Germ

Damn, both arms?!! Sorry dude.

Thanks friend.

5. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

It's still the stock piece for me. I tried torquing the screw a bit tighter - which isn't much since that's a diecast area - but it seems to be a bit better. All else fails, nail polish should help.

However, overall, I'm not very pleased with this figure. It's a first for me, as I've enjoyed every other FT toy in their line up. Few tweaks here and there have been needed but they've all still been fine for me. This guy, though, and these clips/rotating wings and arms just isn't working for me.

The left wing assembly must have some sort of mold flash or defect/warping, as when I'm rotating it around for bug mode, I see it 'bulge' out a bit and here a *click* when the clip unlatches itself. The right one is fine; it's just the left one. I've added a bunch of shock oil around the areas, and it spins well on its own. But one I put the arm in for bug mode, that issue happens. Knowing these clips can be sensitive, I'm not pleased with having to fight with it to work correctly. I hope FT does the right thing and offers replacements for people, as even the slightest mold & chroming variances are likely going to cause problems and I don't want to get screwed down the road.

Also, how the heck to do you get the faceplate face out once it's in there? I see no way of nudging it out and there's no thumbnail catch to flick it out.

6. mweeuser

mweeuser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry to see blueben. Yeah, I am treating forager with massive kid gloves at this point. I broke the one wing. This spot that you had break also seems a point of concern and the whole plastic slide that pulls the arms out of the back. I love the look of it and love my set of insects. But forager basically has 3 to 4 different (soar leg clip) type issues. Just were designed too fragile and if you are very careful can be ok, but it's so easy to forget during one transformation and boom.

7. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    regarding the bug face, just open the back of the head and push it through. the back of the head opens and is commonly missed.

on the wing mech, yeah. even with mine all moving fluidly and smoothly, I still get one side that catches and has tight tolerances when that bug arm loop is in place. And I mean I can spin mine freely in the 360 degree rotation when the arm is pulled out with my pinkie finger it's so fluid now. I suspect that little "bridge" that the clasp has to rotate through on the bug arm is yet again even tighter tolerances inside there and might have to be sanded down. really sucks.

but we are learning bit by bit what has to be done to fix this thing properly. if we can get a fix for that little loop that the clasp has to go through when the bug arm is out, we might be in the home stretch.

I might just try a quick fix and try q tip swabbing a bit of lube inside of that bug arm loop to see if that does the trick.

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  8. blueben

blueben Holocaust

News Credits:
    Only the left arm.

I know FT is going to send replacement, just that I have been very careful with the chrome rim, and didn't know that's another area of concern.

I have been 3 time lucky to have broken something from mecenary to stomp and now forager. Maybe FT should send me a gift. haha

9. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Ah, yeah. I was thinking that was the case - I just didn't want to poke and pull at things. ... woulda been cool if they put a pic of that in the instructions. (speaking of, what's with the 3 blank pages for no reason?)

I have no problems with the looks of this guy - he's just not going to be one of the toys I actual pick up and enjoy messing with. *eyes Apollyon* *goes back to playing with Stomp*

10. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Apart from a couple of tight parts no issues so far.

[​IMG]

11. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Trio complete, complete!

Just got to transforming this guy, whilst the clip area is badly designed, it's no where near as scary as the reviewers and some of the folk on this forum would have you believe, then again I always transform everything as if I've paid £200 for it, with the exception of Magnus who is just durable beyond belief. Mine, luckily, was quite loose but I'm going to put some grease on it to make the transformation smoother.

I actually enjoy the transformation on this guy, I think it's quite fun and I find it ironic that my least favourite insecticon has turned out to be my favourite one. A very nice figure, a shame he was released with Stomp who has definitely stolen his thunder but a very nice figure nonetheless and the trio is now complete.

I'm quite relieved, I never thought the day would come where I could actually say I've been overwhelmed with figures but it's actually happened this year...4 figures from TT and three from FT in just the space of 5 months, that's nearly as many figures as I've gotten in the last two years combined!:eek: 

A welcomed break for me until September when I'll be getting Anime accurate Red Alert and Grinder later in the year or should I say next year.

12. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    You're in...

[​IMG]

Also.. my forager came today! (shitty camera pics in 4..3..2..)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

grey chest! grey chest! grey chest! grey chest! grey chest! grey chest!

14. Grimlock4523

Grimlock4523 Me Grimlock, KING!!!

Thanks you dalianjj and FT for making this happen :bowdown: 

[​IMG]

15. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    My solid yellow chest is super loose, anyone else have that issue? weird how there is no tab for it, just sits there.

16. murphytronus

murphytronus Im not Shardimus

Are you trying to Bloody Mary zfarsh in here to say how superior the purple one is again?

17. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    My translucent yellow chest does not really stick in there very well either. It doesn't fall out or anything, it just doesn't give any feeling of satisfaction when I put it in place :) 

18. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Purple chest you human germ

19. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

Does anyone have any idea if molybdenum grease would be okay to use for this?

This is what I got right now. I bought it for TFC Long Haul's crotch I believe...

Tamiya, Molybdenum Grease ,(87022)

20. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    +1