FansToys FT-10 Phoenix (Masterpiece Skyfire)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cyclonus79, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

These figures are almost always cheaper in Asia than they are in the west. If we bought them from an Asian retailer at $180, we'd pay shipping rates that would bring it to $210-$220. So in the end it's a wash.

Basically they are the same price...the western retailers are adding on the cost of overseas shipping to the retail price.

2. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where is this available for $180? And why is $220 not fair? A fair price is whatever people are willing to pay. If people pay $220 from BBTS, then that's a fair price to those BBTS customers.

If you can get him from elsewhere for $180, you go and buy him from there. It shouldn't need to be said, but no-one is forcing anyone to buy this from a particular retailer. If you like the US based retailers for..."reasons"... then buy from them and pay more. Otherwise, if you actually can get him for $180, go for it!!
    That's how economies work. I'm confident my Aussie supplier will probably have him for around AUD$220 maybe a bit more, so that's where I buy. If some chinese Aliexpress shop will ship to me for less than that... I know where I'm buying!!!

3. unexpectedpanda

unexpectedpanda Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hong Kong stores, most likely. Like Chimungmung:

chimungmung Toy Shop

Note the epically high shipping cost though. US customers would be best sticking with domestic retailers. Before Premium Collectables, Australians would generally go the HK route, but if you can get in on the pre-orders, PC is a sweet deal.

4. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh for f&*ks sake, when will people learn. This isn't $180, its $225. Chimungmung's prices don't include shipping.
    Comparing this price to a local retailer... aaarrrggghhhh!!!

(sorry panda, not directed against you but the exact same thing was happening in the FT Sovereign thread with people jumping up and down at Chimungmung selling him for $125!!! (plus $35 shipping):banghead: 

5. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    People have gotten used to the stupidly high prices of 3rd party so much so that they consider them "fair". They compare one overly high priced product to another and see "fair" when in reality, they are both unfair.

Personally, you'll never find me justifying these high prices, even if I ever do actually consider something "fair". It only encourages future mark ups.

6. unexpectedpanda

unexpectedpanda Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did raise the shipping cost in the post :) 

7. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really can't understand all the bitching about the price here. HE IS ONLY £10 MORE THAN MP THRUST at TFs Express. That is INSANE.

I had to pause for a second though... Added Thrust, Grindor, Phoenix and Cesium to my basket and thought to myself - can I justify spending £550 on TOYS? Need to remember I'll be offsetting this by selling iGear Thrust, MP-08 and Scoria. Even so... Expensive times!

8. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    People always forget to add the shipping just like when something is $1.99 they forget to see the 99

9. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

Lol, ebay .... common !!!

Whatever the cost, its not gonna deviate much from the 220 mark so be happy you guys get it for that in $US. Because the conversion will cost us folks here in the southern part of the globe close to 295 $AU.
    Give or take the exchange rate from now till its realease date !!!

If you want it, thats what its gonna cost !!!

Nice looking design, i cant see much difference in terms of aesthetics
    Compared to Kronos, can someone tell me what the main differences are, if any ??

10. mrprime222000

mrprime222000 Well-Known Member

I don't get the surprise at cost. He's bigger that the Dino's and they are $200

11. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You are forgetting something though,not all people in these threads live in the US.So it makes sense when we compare the prices of the asian stores vs the US ones,to get our items straight from Asia

12. GeneralLeeSpkng

GeneralLeeSpkng Purveyor of Futility

News Credits:
    Yes. This is how I feel when people tell me gas is cheap.

13. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

This figure has the potential to be the Masterpiece!

It has to be one of the most anticipated figures going right now.

14. Flesh Creature

Flesh Creature Human Germ

You nailed it, Pants. For me, this is THE most anticipated TFer on the horizon!

15. HandlesIT

HandlesIT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. Behind Optimus, Skyfire/Jetfire is my favorite G1 character/toy. The wait is gonna hurt :( 

16. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    My Favorites autobots are Dinobots, Skyfire, Omega Supreme, followed by Optimus Prime, Prowl, Mirage, Seaspray and Beachcomber. Also, Arcee and Elita 1 are amongst the main ones

And funny FT is doing the major ones I wanted most... Anyways, in for the Dinobots for sure.

For Decepticons, I would say my favorites are the Insecticons, Starscream, Shockwave, Blitzwing, Astrotrain.

I have the FT Bugs, now, now do I get an FT Blitzwing and still make my greenscream...

What sux is room (and money), I absolutely love my FT Collection, not sure I can fit in Skyfire (for sure, current setup I cant, have to do some changes), but sure would be cool if I could.

17. Flesh Creature

Flesh Creature Human Germ

Was just thinking the same. One year wait; maybe more, maybe less. But it will be beyond worth it I think!

18. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    I would like to throw this out there but I really really really want FT to add some kind of flight stand for Phoenix (Skyfire) like they did for Soar (technically I know his character name is Swoop,but I am finding Soar to be a better name,so I am keeping that name for mine).

Even tho FT has plans to do Cyclonus and Scourge eventually I am not sure if I will spring for those since I already have XTB Andras (Scourge) and plan to get Eligos (Cyclonus),but as for FT Sovereign (Galvatron) he is already preordered and waiting to enter my collection cause even tho XTB's version is nice he is still not up for preorder yet,and as they say the early bird catches the worm,so I went with FT since they have theirs up already.

Oh and I really hope the April 2017 date holds true for the release of Skyfire,but given FT's track record for delays I figure maybe a late 2017/early 2018 release.But then again Phoenix has been in development for about 3 years now so maybe they can perform a miracle and release him on time or within a week or two after the scheduled date.I would love that.

19. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    I think even if it was delayed a few months, most would welcome that over releasing it with major known issues like the other skyfire. That said, some of FT products have released even before their originally announced, or on time in a few cases.

20. Smell of fear

Smell of fear Sorebot

Agreed. Gonna be well worth the wait. This will be the finest Masterpiece moment. Until somebody braves a Masterpiece Scorponok anyway.

Care to take the plunge Fanstoys?