FansToys FT-10 Phoenix (Masterpiece Skyfire)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cyclonus79, Apr 27, 2014.

1. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

That's how I third party. I won't pay release date prices for anything anymore. It is a painful wait, but pays off if you're on a budget.

2. jnguyen

jnguyen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

3. 2003 Megatron

2003 Megatron Banned

News Credits:
    Thanks

When I had him. I measured him but couldn't remember what his height was. So Phoenix is a good inch taller at least. I really like that and Ft did good on that. Phoenix will dominate my display.

4. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Supposedly it's more about parts count than actual plastic. Not to mention some dinos were priced around $160 with early bird (aka competition driven) pricing. I think $220 is a rather fair price for this, but I still don't know why people would, in essence, tell dalianjj how much of a non-issue it is to pay more than the $200 originally being thrown around.

I'm almost afraid he'll be too big. TW Devastator is only going to be a few inches taller over all. That's probably fairly accurate to the size charts, but it seems like Dev should be pretty significantly larger... Oh well, I'll find a way to manage. :) 

5. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Looks glorious and well worth the wait! I agree with those who say he might be a touch too big, but bought regardless :) 
    At this size I wouldn't be surprised!! Well, hopefully there might be a cargo door/ramp feature that might just squeeze Bumblebee in...

6. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    I can't wait till you get him! I look forward to all the awesome scenes you'll do!

7. MrBigFeathas

MrBigFeathas My rocket pack?!?

I had no plans to add anyone not introduced in the original cartoon miniseries to my collection but this looks too good. Had to preorder especially at that price.

8. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Ha ha cheers! :thumb 

9. Lodril

Lodril Poet of Destruction

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    The size really has me conflicted... it's just too huge. I realize 'scale' and all that, but seeing as how he won't transform into something big enough to carry the Autobots around, I'm going to ignore that kind of BS and just focus on how it will look on my shelves.

It won't fit. It's too tall.
    It will either need to crouch or do a Dreamwave squat.

I'm torn though, because I love that old design, and it's never been super faithfully reproduced, aside from Kronos, which had sketchy enough reviews to eventually scare me off. Because I was already uneasy about how big it was (especially after seeing one in person!). And this is taller? You people are the worst.

10. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    I just put in my PO for Phoenix (Skyfire),and I must say seeing the pics of an actual prototype makes the wait so much more worth it.Others criticize this figure cause he ain't taller or bigger,but for the comparison pics Phoenix looks to be about 13"-14" tall,wayyyyy taller than MP10.

Also I am reminded of that old saying "too much of a good thing" and using CW Titan Devastator as an example I can say using 6 Voyagers instead of the traditional Deluxes was a big mistake on Hasbro's and Takara's part.I would have been happy with those,Devastator might have been shorter than the 4 Deluxe/1 Voyager demographic but he would have been more in scale with the rest of the CW's.

As for Phoenix I think when all is said and done he will scale a helluva lot better than Devastator ever will.And his price of $220 is a little high but for a near accurate 3P MP Skyfire I have no problem paying the extra $20.It sure beats the hell out of Daca Toys Kronos who I've heard is nothing but a POS.So let the fans who like him keep theirs but I will be getting the far better version from FansToys without worry of pieces breaking right out of the box.April 2017 can't get here fast enough for me.Later all.

11. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

Does Phoenix look correct according to the holy scale chart?

12. merphul

merphul Well-Known Member

have to say yes. MP-10 is standing ab high

[​IMG]

13. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

Yes, the height is spot on.

The look is spot on.

We know the build and engineering will be as well.

Price is reasonable to boot.

14. merphul

merphul Well-Known Member

you forgot landing gear and ankle tilt.

but yeah, seems to be hitting all the right notes.

waiting to see if battle mask will be an accessory.

15. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

That's exactly why Phoenix here took so long to for FT to develop. Dalianjj said that it was more challenging and time-consuming to design this particular character, without partsforming cheating.

16. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Holy sheep sh** guys,has anyone noticed how Phoenix's wings fold over in robot mode,that is so cool.I hope those are on the final product,it makes him more screen accurate I think and don't stick up or out so far.

FansToys is going all out on this guy and I can't wait.

17. ultraman zoffy

ultraman zoffy "It's not the alt mode I have a problem with..."

Huh... you would think with Astrotrain being able to lug a whole Decepticon squad into space and accommodate Devastator assembling that he'd stand somewhere near Skyfire's height. Oh well, TF's still rule. lol

18. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

Well Galvatron pilots Cyclonus in the movie, Megatron is a passenger in Thrust in the Kremzeek episode, and Hoist infamously drives Huffer.

Vehicle mode scale fluctuates all over the map.

19. Dunedain

Dunedain Winter is coming

I got me one of these bad boys on pre-order from BBTS. I have been waiting on a nice, well made, affordable, MP style, and sized Skyfire, ever since the G I Joe/Transformers SDCC set from 2 years ago.

Once I get him, then I will have the G I Joe Skystriker in Skyfire G1 colors for Alt mode, and this bad boy for robot mode. I cant wait.

Its looking like Fans toys knocked this one outta the park.

20. Dunedain

Dunedain Winter is coming

I got me one of these bad boys on pre-order from BBTS. I have been waiting on a nice, well made, affordable, MP style, and sized Skyfire, ever since the G I Joe/Transformers SDCC set from 2 years ago.

Once I get him, then I will have the G I Joe Skystriker in Skyfire G1 colors for Alt mode, and this bad boy for robot mode. I cant wait.

Its looking like Fans toys knocked this one outta the park.