FansToys FT-10 Phoenix (Masterpiece Skyfire)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cyclonus79, Apr 27, 2014.

1. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder as well. I do know that it will have landing gear, unlike Kronos.

2. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    I think he looks really good, even though I'm not collecting this big a scale.

On the assumption that he doesn't partsform,I say people might take this character design a bit too much for granted ; because during G1, this design never existed in physical toy engineering - only onscreen in magic shapeshafting by cell animation.

Hence, it is anything BUT, a simple design to pull off in contemporary toy form. The MP Ironhide/Ratchet is similar in that respect. Minimalistic designs are often the hardest to engineer if you don't want to compromise perfect transformation & articulation.

Hopefully for FT and the fans, this will be a glorious production.

3. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

I've always been a bigger fan of the design of Jetfire, and I knew this would be very Skyfire, so while I've been interested in seeing this for the last 2 years like everyone else, I never exactly had my hopes up.

So I'll give it up to the team at Fans Toys for making this cartoon design look like a really cool toy. It's really great-looking, and the color renders really smack home the look that I've always found iconic - even in his cartoon variation. The work they've done here is way beyond my expectations.

Boy I'm tellin ya, if they make a toy-based battle mask (I usually prefer the toy based battle mask look on any Transformer) I will be very tempted to pick this up.

4. Primeconvoy1

Primeconvoy1 Cybertronian Broker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I got this on preorder, and I'm liking what FT has shown. I am curious if Phoenix will be able to do the Gerwalk mode.

[​IMG]

5. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Wow, talk about leaving money on the table; I think they could have charged $300-$350 without losing more than a tiny number of sales.

6. whitewolfe313

whitewolfe313 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OMG been waiting so long for this reveal. I can't wait to get this baby. What an impressive size! (That's what she said)

7. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So will this be about the same height as Star Saber or Ultra Magnus?

8. Matrix1981

Matrix1981 It's Hot Rod's fault...

Bigger I think. Ultra Magnus is definitely not 2x the height of MP-11 which this is supposed to be according to their own pictures.

9. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

Tried ordering from RBK several times in the past, the shipping always kills the deal. I wonder why they charge so much more for shipping than the other e-tailers. Might as well just put up prices on par with the others so the shipping isn't such a shock.

10. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    ^ probably to sway away the ones buying from outside asia...

11. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's kinda of a downer for me. I know a lot of you like it to be big but I was hoping it would match with Star Saber, scale be damned that's where I want my Skyfire.

12. mweeuser

mweeuser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've seen 3 Kronos on ebay since yesterday. One is auction so I'm watching to see what the "market" value is now. Maybe they'll find some who don't know the news of Phoenix.

13. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

$220 isn't bad...but maybe it could have come in at their originally planned 'below 200' price if not for the 'I have no problem paying $250' type posts. Obviously ridiculous posts aren't going to be paid much attention, but Dalianjj does frequent the boards so obviously FT knows the general feelings on a figure. Whether that played any role in the price or not, maybe not...but it certainly could if the general feeling is people would still feel good about paying more than the original price being thrown around.

14. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I can't see this being less then $200.00 to be honest . The size alone is justifiable. Say it did come in less like around the 150.00 mark , I'd be a little concerned over the materials used . Least when it comes to Fanstoys , you get what you pay for ( an sometimes even more ).

15. Red2

Red2 " ... and so the story goes ... "

Pre. Ordered.

16. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm relieved that the price isn't over $250. Preordered at TFS Express.

17. chip1123

chip1123 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Recent FT offerings (The Dinos) have been sold a few months after release for $30-$50 less than originally offered for. If you're a gambling person, you could always wait and see if this guy drops as well.

18. Tryptlock

Tryptlock Well-Known Member

BBTS says 14" (35 cm) at the top of his head and 15.2 (38 cm) at the top of his backpack.

19. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

I disagree with this. Look at the size of the FT dibots, look at how much they were going for..nearly $200. How the hell do you see a figure this size, 1.5 times the size of a dino and think it was honestly going to be less than $200!?

What were you, and by you I don't mean you, kibble, expecting Dalianjj to say when he was asked about the price some two years ago when Kronos was about to be released? "Oh, it would be $250-$300!?" Only for him to see more people jump ship and go and buy Kronos. I wasn't fooled or didn't believe for a microsecond this figure was going to be less than $200...not for a microsecond. And it's even in one of my previous posts, I had anticipated it before people started rolling in the prices from BBTS et al.

It's why when people were buying Kronos I was surprised by the gullibility of some of them, how do you see a figure that size and expect it to come in at a measly $150 without a catch. The old adage...if something is too good to be true...you know the rest!

:D 

20. GeneralLeeSpkng

GeneralLeeSpkng Purveyor of Futility

News Credits:
    Sold my spare Kronos just now for 145. Figured get ahead of the wave...