FansToys FT-10 Phoenix (Masterpiece Skyfire)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cyclonus79, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

^ Please take many pictures...from all angles.

2. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I dunno about him, but I can tell you that I had one. And it was a huge P.O.S. I've said it before, and I'll say it again; We were all promised by the maker of said figure that he'd personally check them all to make sure there were no QC issues. And boy were there a bunch of QC issues. I'd hate to even dig up that old thread.....assuming you hadn't read it. But then again, I wouldn't recommend reading it anyway. That thread is a headache to go through and re-read.

3. botfan

botfan Quote this Avatar

I hope to. If it's on a shelf right when you walk in then it shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully, they don't show it in a separate room. That would really be annoying, since I'll be there with my kids and the last thing they want is to sit in a conference room while adults give presentations (even if it's about toys).

4. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

The only reason not to do an awesome, huge MP G1 toy inspired Jetfire is if they fear the wrath of Harmony Gold. If that is no issue, then DO EET!!!

5. Destronus

Destronus Ay up

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you can and if he is could you get a couple snaps of soverign please:D 

6. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Spin-out thread is just like that. People trying to make excuses for poor QC. It's a shame, if Kronos had had better quality I'm sure he wouldn't have been so reviled.

7. Maglite

Maglite Porkchop sandwiches!

There are some good things about Kronos, for sure. There are also some things that aren't so great...my biggest gripe being that all the red paint on mine is actually not red, but more of that cheap orange that you'd find on a NERF gun. If FT's doesn't pan out, I guess I could just try and paint it.

Although the cheap-feeling squeaky plastic sucks too. Here's hoping FT nails it as Skyfire is one of my most-desired MPs.

8. murphytronus

murphytronus Im not Shardimus

That is usually exactly how they do it actually.. As soon as you walk in the shelves and tables are on the left with a bunch of protos from different companies and soon to be releases.. Other companies like make toys and fansproject will have more prototypes at their booth in the showroom on display ... It's gonna be fun on a bun

9. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    i hope your one of those trigger happy photographers :D  take millions :lol 

10. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Well-Known Member

here is to hoping it has a good balance of cartoon accuracy and added details.

11. duttry98

duttry98 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Here's one to bank on, hope...... when FT drops theirs, and it's hopefully widely accepted, then the market will flood with Kroni(would that be the plural of Kronos?) at severely low prices hopefully for this of us who may find him more aesthetically appealing.

12. mrprime222000

mrprime222000 Well-Known Member

Ha. For real though. I was looking into the two different 3p Sunstreakers and the Spinout thread made him seem ok. And then I saw a few reviews were he fell apart in peoples hands.

13. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

Well, chances are you'll be doing without then... ;) 

You'll likely never see HasTak granted license to ever do a Valkyrie, and I kind of don't see 3P tackling it either, not with toon looks the majority of demand. If you want G1 Jetfire MP...you'll have to make it yourself. Me...I'll take some G1 Skyfire goodness, I had the Jetfire back in the day, I never liked it, still really don't.

14. duttry98

duttry98 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    X2

15. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I like them both. But the g1 toy is and always be focker, not Jet/skyfire

16. chucksbikeorama

chucksbikeorama Decepticreep

Amen to that :) 

17. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

You can't get much more accurate to a G1 Ironhide than MP27, only the hip flaps and butt tires which aren't bothersome to me, aren't accurate, the rest is dead on Sunbow Ironhide. I can't even see how you can compare how close MP Ironhide is to that fugly mess that is Kronos. I've handled that thing...and damn it's horrible, I felt it was going to break it by breathing on it (the feet were both broken and repaired just from the only time it was ever transformed. It certainly does not belong anywhere near a MP shelf IMHO. Dispute my opinion if you wish, it's no less valid or true than yours.

I'm very curious to see how FT handles Skyfire.

18. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Exactly, I don't genuinely understand the complaints for Ironhide and this is coming from someone that doesn't even like his design, alt-mode or character, barring the hip glaring hip panels, he's spot on to the Sunbow toon. Ironhide's only problem is that the toon model was nothing to look at in the first place and what we're seeing is a darn good replica of that. It's like asking a sculptor to sculpt you a piece of turd on the street, no matter how accurate or detailed it is, it'll never look good because it's a piece of turd...unless that's your thing, of course! :D 

Speaking of turds....Kronos....the less said about the figure the better, quite frankly.

Moving on to FT's, I'm curious how it's handled as well. I would be okay with partsforming of the backpack if the figure can transform with or without it. It shouldn't be too difficult to achieve given how simple his transformation is. All he did was fall on his belly, legs compressed/collapsed and arms pulled into his sides!

I wonder how big he'll be, 2 to three heads taller than MP-22 would be perfect for me, according to Dalianjj, he'll be taller than Kronos and more than likely better in every single way! :drool: 

Can't wait!

19. bigsteve03

bigsteve03 Well-Known Member

Say what you want, Kronos looks great in bot mode, and cost probably half what FT's will cost and came out 3 or 4 years before FT's.

20. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two details that homage the G1 Jetfire toy, but that's about it, guys... Like others have said, Skyfire TECHNICALLY didn't a G1 toy, and FansToys is obviously going for the cartoon look, here...