FansToys FT-07 Stomp (Masterpiece Sludge)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, May 4, 2015.

1. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Please read up on the facts before you type/argue because it can be very embarrassing if you don't! Yes, the part will be bundled with stomp but it will also be available to be purchased separately.

And as for Magnus...I don't think he did that badly considering TT are thinking of expanding season 3 cast past Hot Rod given the success of Magnus, of course...if that cryptic message by TT is anything to go by!

Proving what exactly..that you were just fear mongering. Go and look at the Sever threads and look at all the in-hand images of people on the MP appreciation threads and look at how many people are complaining about this gigantic gaping hole? That's right.....next to insignificant!

Finally something we can agree on. He does look fantastic indeed. Too bad the same can't be said for Giga's Sludge!

2. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Tigerblade....you troll!

:confused2  ;)  :lol 

3. DogFriedRice

DogFriedRice Well-Known Member

Where does this hatred for Gigapower come from?
    Seems a little personal.

Back on topic though. Am I the only person getting Stomp for a classics display?

4. Tryptlock

Tryptlock Well-Known Member

Nope. I've been fudging the FT Dibots as classics Dinobots. (Albeit very G1-faithful ones.) My classics collection is scaled around TW Orion. While the Dibots are definitely on the big side next to him in robot mode, I'd rather have oversized Dinobots than ones that are too small. In all honesty, they all seem just the right size in their dino modes. (Probably because the cartoon's animators tended to draw them extra big in altmode. As in the quadripedal Dinobots's legs were at least as tall as a car bot.)

5. DogFriedRice

DogFriedRice Well-Known Member

Cool, glad to know I'm not the odd man out.
    I also scale around TW Orion (that guy is so good). However, I want Sludge bigger than all the other Dinobots and FT Stomp looks about the right size. Giga Sludge is probably too big and will look ridiculous with my other classic Dinobots.

I'd like to see your FT Dinos with Orion though.

6. BAD187

BAD187 Banned

I'm more curious as to where the love for ft comes from? The only good products from them that I have even seen haven't even been released, namely Galvatron and sludge. The rest of their line up looks like shit (as in not great, before people start posting pics of actual shit and comparing them).

7. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Quakewave was a very solid release; him being the first thing they had out the gate at such high quality engendered a lot of goodwill. A strong first release does a LOT of good; it can be hard to get back on track if that's not the case (case in point: Mastermind Creations put in a LOT of effort to bring stuff up to par after their initial release, which by all accounts wasn't all that good from a quality control POV. And their giant steam vessel Shockwave also suffered from some overengineering in that he had a TON of tiny tabs that would break easily (and weren't all necessary)

Scoria/Soar had some issues admittedly but in my experience their flaws were a case of "stuff is too tight", which adjusting screws tended to help. And I quite like Grenadier as well.

I think Tesla might be one of their spottier releases from what I've heard.

8. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

Somebody farted in here?

Anyway, I believe Stomp could become the best in a line of great FT releases. This guy could even top Quakewave.

9. BAD187

BAD187 Banned

I just shitted...

10. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    >_<

:gen069: 

:redface2: 

:banghead: 

11. alex1984

alex1984 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I would interpret xavierleo's posts as "fear mongering". He was pointing out flaws that he hopes FT could address, I actually think that's constructive criticism.

Yes, I chose GP Guttur for my Snarl, but also have Quakewave, Scoria, and Soar, and will likely be getting FT's Insecticons, Sludge, Hound, and Galvatron, so I definitely wouldn't consider myself an FT hater. However, the hole in the dino chest, the transformation, along with the face sculpt was enough to turn me away from Sever.

There are some FT figures that I like, and some that I don't. And there are special groups of characters where I'd like them to have a similar aesthetics (eg. Dinobots, Insecticons, Galvatron/Scourge/Cyclonus), so there are still times where I'd prefer to stick to the same company for figures. But most of the time, I try not to let my own preference and perception of different companies prevent me from looking at each figure individually and appreciating them in their own right.

At my workplace, we once had a training session on how to receive criticism. I think it's important to realize that criticisms are feedback provided in hopes that improvements can be made. Normally people's first reaction is to be defensive, but most times it comes from us subconsciously being aware of our own shortcoming.

I think Stomp is turning out beautifully and I really look forward to it.

12. dragontype

dragontype Well-Known Member

What figures out there do you consider, not-shit? :confused: 

While I'm not in on all FT figures released and will be released, I do think their product seems be top tier of 3P quality as far aesthetics and build. The Dibot series is awesome. I can't wait to get my hands on Sever X, Soar X, Stomp X, and Grindr X.

Stomp does looks like it will be the best Dibot released. ::crossing fingers::

13. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

Well, if you got to you got to. Just don't forget to wipe, wash your hands and take your "gift" with you to the right thread. ;)  It does not belong in a discussion about such a beautiful bot like Stomp. Thank you!

14. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    The love for FT's products we have comes from us thinking they look good. You may think they look like shit and that's fine. That's just, like, your opinion, man. The rest of us however don't see them as shit. We see them as the MP figures we've been waiting for. Personally I think everything Fans Toys has released has been an A+ figure (even the ones I don't have). Now I don't like anything about what Giga's putting out (to me Guttur looks like he was pulled out of his namesake), but not once have I posted in the Giga thread saying "why do you people like this shit?". Everyone's entitled to like what they like and frankly people shouldn't care about what other people are putting on their shelves. If one is so worried about other people not liking what they like...well then one should get one's priorities straight.

That's my :2c:  anyways.

Back on topic: Sludge has been bumped back to February correct? Just wanna make sure I won't be getting a $200 invoice at the end of the month.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  15. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Was it dalianjj that confirmed this? Cause I don't see this anywhere, or any other dates to be honest.

16. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    Every time you open your mouth amazing.

17. Tryptlock

Tryptlock Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd guess that Giga Sludge would only work if you wanted him to match the actual scale of a large sauropod next to the other dinos.

As for the Dibots next to Orion:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In general, I think the Dibots look right scale-wise with classics-style figures in altmode, even if they do seem a bit big in robot mode, although I do recall a shot from "War of the Dinobots" where Grimlock, Slag, and Sludge tower over Optimus to about the same extent that the Dibots do over Orion.

18. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

19. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    That's why I'm wondering. Cause I saw a few posts a little ways back saying he was pushed back (and the obligatory bickering about not getting him sooner) but I never saw anything official from dalianjj.

20. Enderwiggen

Enderwiggen Well-Known Member

Only figure I have from Fanstoys is their bombshell and he's as close to prefect as a 3p figure can be.