FansToys FT-07 Stomp (Masterpiece Sludge)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, May 4, 2015.

1. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

did you guys see that black sever? ;) 

I'd love to know what stage of manufacturing the various projects are at. What's being made right now?

2. Insectabot

Insectabot Well-Known Member

Who gives a shit about redeco sever, that would really pIss me off if it sidetracked stomp et al

3. Mighty Menasor

Mighty Menasor Menasor Searching....Crush & Destroy

I'm thinking we'll have stomp in hand in April at the earliest (factoring CNY)... and that's being positive and giving FT's credit for increasing their productivity somewhat since past releases. Otherwise, I would guess June using Scoria's original release as a guide. I'll wait patiently for the best damn cartoon accurate sludge on the market ...Giggy Giga Who?

4. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well if that's the case i hope to have mercenary and mmc carnifex in hand by then. That overlord looking sick.

5. Mighty Menasor

Mighty Menasor Menasor Searching....Crush & Destroy

yeah so many other figures to entertain us these days so I don't mind so much, gives me some time to catch up on random releases from various companies. I'll shift focus too stomp when I see the pre-production review.

6. merphul

merphul Well-Known Member

not saying frustration or impatience is not invalid, just saying in the grand scheme it's not that bad. Believe me even as a kid I thought some of the transformations or lack of articulation was hokey. but it was the state of the art so whatever. So when I say "I've been waiting 30 years for a great version of X", it means my inner kid is juiced that after so long something I couldn't have imagined 30 years ago is actually on the horizon.

MP's been around for a while so one could also argue that we've actually been waiting for years for an MP "Whoever" to surface. So after what? 12 years of MP toys hinting at possibilities, what's another 6 months?

Maybe we gotta wait another six months... but who knows how long we'd be left waiting for TT to decide a second dinobot is worth doing... imagine a world without FT/MP and TT not even bothering to rework Grimlock... serious yo, Hot Rod 2.0 before Megs 2.0 and Grims 2.0???

again, just offering an alternate sense of perspective.

here's 4 theories:

1) the designer needs a change of pace from working on dinobots for two years straight
    2) there's now more than one designer and someone else is working on stuff like Tesla and Hound
    3) Big projects like dinobots are higher cost to bring to market, so a business plan that alternates some smaller (faster?) projects between the bigger projects helps with the overall cashflow strategy.
    4) there are competing projects coming out around the same time for insecticons and Hound. So you either strike when the iron is hot and you can still wedge your design into the mix, or just throw your design away as the chances aren't as good coming out later.

we'll probably never know the real reasons (or at least all of them), but given that businesses don't do this just for fun, there's doubtless some reason.

here's my new conspiracy theory. The designer looks at his final face sculpt and thinks "crap, I know it's not quite right but I can't make it any better".

what to do, what to do...

I know! I'll make a REALLY off face and put it on the proto, then when people complain, will swap in the ok face and will be heralded as a hero.

all kidding aside, I'm good with Stomp and Spotter facewise

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  7. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This.

We don't need every redeco to match every color of the rainbow. Just stick to 1 or 2 colors of each figure and keep it moving.

8. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Why don't they have goodwill exactly? They released two solid MP Dinobots this year. How many did TT do this year? Did a toy and X version of Scoria. Released the best Bombshell figure ever created. Re-released their signature figure Quakewave so fans did not have to pay ridiculous prices. And Stomp is most likely within 6 months. How exactly do they need to build goodwill? Fucking drama queens I swear to god.

9. dragontype

dragontype Well-Known Member

FT might be using 1 or 2 or possibly 3 different factories at this point. I don't think it's impossible for them to release Stomp after CNY-ish. Say March/April and at the same time, keep doing their non-dino line as well.

Besides, I'm still waiting on X-version Sever and preview of X-version Soar. Those molds are done deal sooo any day now... Lol.

10. Uninvited Ghost

Uninvited Ghost Well-Known Member

11. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Amen

12. King Nergil

King Nergil Ruler of a lost kingdom

:lol  Well, the waiting game sucks, but yeah, you're probably right. That's a lot they gave us this year. Maybe it's some sort of addiction. You just want to have these things once a prototype has been revealed. And FT bots are so damn good, even better than official products. They set the bar very high with their first release and the Dibots are on the same level. Minor problems tend to get blown out of proportion by this community (only exception: Hound's face). I just hope to have my set of MP Dinobots before 2020! :wink: 

13. OverBleed

OverBleed I Love This Show!

Poor tesla, always forgotten.

14. PwrdOff

PwrdOff Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think that it is just natural to be a little bit childish and impatient when it comes to toys, I wants my Stomp and I wants it now! If I could control that impulse I probably wouldn't still be buying Transformers at this age in the first place. And I don't see the harm in a little bit of idle fussing and whining, at the end of the day we show our appreciation with our dollars.

15. valkfan

valkfan Nova Storm Lives!

It's the quality of FT that keeps me from being impatient with their actual release dates. Their products are ALWAYS worth the wait.

That being said, I do think that they need to improve their head sculpts like they did with Willy.

16. Hellscream12345

Hellscream12345 One shall fall, you Prime!

FT fanboy does that on daily basis, and xtransbot fans does it too, but FT fans more defensively.

is like they have an army of personal guards standing by, ready to deflect incoming projectile and counter attack.

17. Optional Prime

Optional Prime Cereal Killer

An act of mercy.
    Among a hundred or so figures, he is the only one I ever put on the shelf and forgot about instantly. Didn't even transform it once, for pure lack of fascination.

But that aside, I am quite happy with their QW, Dinoes and even happier with soon-to-be-mine Willis.

18. xavierleo

xavierleo Well-Known Member

Yeah there was a whole lot of "Lol Giga are so lazy leaving the legs on the outside, the dino feet stuck to Severs hands are an awesome nod to G1 and not lazy at all though".

The problem with any fans getting too obsessive is that it blinds a lot of people to issues that should be solved. For any rational/justified criticism people are like "LOL Giga fan, finding any fault they can that doesnt exist" - and vice versa. I have this bad enough with the Marvel vs DC debates.

Sever looked awesome but another round of amends would of made it near perfect and cleared up some issues like the face, and gaping hole beneath him, but half the people in the thread were excusing issues and blaming constructive critisicm on Guttur fans. I'm finding the bigger FT "fanbase" is becoming, the more rushed (and generic) its models are looking. They're doing too much, too fast.

19. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

The funny thing is that I remember you were the one, a giga fan that had no intention of even buying the product, that brought it up.

Yes.....the very big gaping hole that one or two people on the entire people on TFW were bothered about, all you were doing was northing but fear-mongering, really, with your; "Even though I can't see it I know it's there nonsense"!?

What most people were saying that it was no worse than looking at MP-22 from behind and people weren't that bothered as they didn't pose their figure backwards, the way they said they weren't going to pose their Sever upside down in alt-mode. That was it really. And looking how things turned out a lot of people didn't even care about the hole with the figure in hand, it's the face that has attracted a lot of attention. A face I can't even look past myself!

Even Kapow had to drop it due to it's bad sales.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2015
  20. Megajon

Megajon Well-Known Member

Hold up. I'm a FT fan all the way, but Kapow stopped selling FT products due to delays, QC issues and poor product support so lets not get too high and mighty.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2015