FansToys FT-07 Stomp (Masterpiece Sludge)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, May 4, 2015.

1. baba booey

baba booey Member

@Rewind. That's awesome. I hope I get the same type of experience with my kids.

@ph4zed. Thanks. She plays with my G2 Slag. I think I'll get her a full set of those.

@Dpuff. Lol, yep

@Christiano. Not wealthy, just a gasman. If she breaks it, it will for sure be my dumbass fault. Tough to tell a kid they're not allowed to touch a dinosaur toy though...

• Like Like x 3
  2. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    Like I said, I didn't think that you were doing that whole rich person/boastful thing. You seemed to genuinely be asking for input.

But personally, I would go with the Power of the Primes figure or the G1 reissue or any safer, more manageable option and keep the FansToys figure for yourself. I know there's quite an age difference between four and ten, but I was telling my stepson about the difference between toys and the Masterpiece figures, and he said, "They're a collection, not toys, right?" It's easy to underestimate just how many pinched fingers or sliced palms you can get even if you're handling them correctly.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Delduwath

Delduwath Well-Known Member

Thank you! And, nope, just getting my zingers in where I can.

I've seen lots of folks say that their Hound started falling apart eventually, despite being completely untouched on a shelf. I've also seen folks say that they transform their Hound regularly and it's completely fine. As we were discussing in one of the other threads, it's just impossible to get meaningful stats on QC issues because no one knows the sizes of production runs for Takara or 3P (and those who do know aren't telling), this forum is just a tiny slice of the actual market, people whose figures are busted tend to be much noisier about it than people whose figures are fine, there's no systematic tallying to reports, etc etc etc. The best we can do is go "Boy, Figure X sure feels like it's got problems!" and then weigh how lucky we're feeling. In Hound's case, I think it looks really beautiful, and I think there is some legitimately innovative engineering in the transformation, but there has been enough noise about bad QC (and allegedly Takara breaking ties with the factory that produced it? Was that a rumor?) that I feel uncomfortable buying it. I don't think I could take the heartbreak of having a chunk of the guy fall off after thinking everything was safe for a year. I'll cross my fingers and hope for an improved reissue, although it certainly doesn't seem like it's happening anytime soon, if ever.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    A month ago, I'd have arrogantly said, "Pffft! They must've done something to make that happen... Mine will be fine," but then, about a week or so ago, my Toyworld Constructor revealed that he'd been standing on a bum leg like his owner was. I walk with a cane - for now - but he seems to be able to support his own weight after I super-glued the pelvic clips together on Scrapper's torso.

The screws in that thing aren't just cheap, they're so tiny that they barely go from one strut to the next. Like Zeta's Bruticon. They run hardware through these things that are little more than just formality, knowing that any pressure applied is going to snap the plastic and that the screw isn't even connecting the pieces together. Frustrating.

I'm going to try to get a sales rep on the phone in the next few days and get some feedback on the production run questions, because I really want an answer to that stuff. The MP-52 trio is a good place to start and I think that explaining that a $750 set of Seekers merits me being able to answer some questions before deciding what the hell I'm going to do with these characters.

As for Hound, there is a solution for you: get the KO. If it breaks, glue it. The biggest problem I have with breaks are that I tend to collect for value (secondary to buying what I really like, but still) but with the KOs, their upside is really limited anyway. So, gluing it likely won't affect anything except transformation if it's a really bad break.

But if you were planning to keep him on a shelf anyway, then there's very little downside in my eyes.

5. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

what about that fresh Nike smell? It’s AMAZING! They should bottle it and sell it. If my wife wore that scent I’d be all over her!

• Like Like x 2
  6. crdavismusic

crdavismusic Not A Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  7. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    What the hell are they smoking?
    Tfsource looks at that and says "Dammmmmn!"

8. finalepiphany

finalepiphany Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Kool toyz is in CAD.. so it's a bit cheaper than most US preorders of 300 Unless I'm not understanding what you're reacting to.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

Works out to a bit more than $260 USD, so definitely cheaper than some of the US sites.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mike Witwicky

Mike Witwicky Loyal Lieutenant

• Like Like x 1
  11. stinkyshawn

stinkyshawn Well-Known Member

swoop reissue is out... whens sludge time

12. crdavismusic

crdavismusic Not A Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Over at Kooltoyz the ETA has been updated to September. Oh and it's gone up $30 CAD, I've never seen that happen before.

• Like Like x 2
  13. SixthToThird

SixthToThird Member

Ebay:
    Got an email from Bombusbee to pay for shipping so looks like he's coming soonish.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Madgame

Madgame Well-Known Member

Received request from TFS express to pay off balance. It cost me a total of $258:
    $50 deposit
    $150 balance
    $58 shipping

there was also a $91 express 3-4 day shipping which I did not opt for

• Like Like x 2
  15. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

Oof, that hurt the wallet. With that, my set of Dinobots is complete!

Grimlock - Reximus Prime KO OS
    Slag - Gigapower Grassor
    Snarl - FansToys Sever
    Swoop - FansToys Soar
    Sludge - FansToys Stomp

• Like Like x 4
  16. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Got my notification from TFS Express. First order I've made through these guys. I hope it goes better than Bombusbee (The FT Insections I ordered from them are still off in shipping limbo somewhere).

• Like Like x 2
  17. mantisfists

mantisfists Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    What happened with your Bombusbee order, if you don't mind me asking?

18. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

Wish I knew. Tracking never updated past the initial "Information Received – Item En Route to Postal Facility". I've contacted Bombusbee several times about it but it hasn't gotten me anywhere.

19. mantisfists

mantisfists Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Damn. That sucks. I have a FT Apache that the USPS returned to them. Problem is, they use a middleman for delivery so the post office returned it to the middleman and not Bombusbee. Of course, said middleman, who is refusing to reship it, is in L.A. and I'm in the Bay Area. I'm not driving 6 hrs to pick up a toy. Was just wondering how they've dealt with your issue so I'd know what to expect.

20. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    Did you open a Paypal dispute?