FansToys FT-07 Stomp (Masterpiece Sludge)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, May 4, 2015.

1. jtwong27

jtwong27 Well-Known Member

That makes more sense now..still it sucks..not the best way to move into a new neighborhood..

2. mentiously

mentiously Member

yeah. it suck bad... WOuld appreciate if someone would pm me and sell me within reasonable price...sigh...i guess it wont happen as FT stomp was so in demand now. Actually i dont mind waiting for another year or 2, i just hope that they would at least confirm STOMP will be reissue and i will be much more relieve.

3. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've got mine listed in BST almost two hundred below eBay sold listings, which apparently reached $750 for US sellers last week. Would prefer to sell it together with Soar and Caesium though.

4. jtwong27

All are nice figures.. I have scoria as my slag..would have liked cesium but he is way too expensive. Just wondering why you are selling your dibots..getting out of Transformers or switching to Gigapower?

5. edgecrusher

News Credits:
    Neither, just shrinking the collection. Thinking someone else might get more enjoyment out of certain figures than having them sit in my display case. :) 

6. mentiously

mentiously Member

Is alright Edgecrusher, still a bit pricey for me.. i guess i have to pray for miracle that Fanstoys would do one more STOMP reissue as most of the DIbots have at least 2 reissue run while stomp only has once i think

7. jtwong27

They have all the aerialbots and stunticons to make ..plus fortress maximus, jazz, mirage , bkitzwing, astrotrain and a new perceptor. Could be tough to see them have a stomp reissue..but never say never. I wouldn't mind if they did a cesium reissue or update soar if they can fix the weak ankles

8. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    If there's real demand, sure. Like @PwrdOff said, some of this demand is more or less "can't have it" demand. Once it's reissued, you'll see demand drop because it's no longer unobtainable. When it sells out, the cries for reissues will be back. I see it happen all of the time with SHFs. Reissues should be sold with a non-refundable deposit to protect against wishlisting.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  9. TFDAD

TFDAD Well-Known Member

Man, I've thought about doing this a ton. Not with Stomp, but about getting rid of figures that just don't scream "awesome" to me. I did sell a handful a few months ago (XTB tailgate, BC swerve, BC outback, MMC Hoist, etc), but the second wave is getting harder to do (XTB Cliffjumper, Windcharger, Wheelie, KFC Wreckgar and more). How did you decide and how are you feeling now that you're thinning the herd a bit?

• Like Like x 1
  10. edgecrusher

News Credits:
    As a completionist, all it really took was pulling the plug by selling one figure that's not easy to replace. Once I'd done that, I'd committed to no longer going for a complete masterpiece collection. It's been easy since then. I just keep going back to the display room to find figures that don't excite me as much anymore (or where I would rather have the shelf space back and/or their monetary value), pulling their box, accessories, and instruction packet out of storage, and placing them back in the box. Once they're off the shelf, it's easier to visualize what's left and if more can be trimmed.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

I think I’m just reaching this point where you take a figure or 2 out and it looks better. Like if it doesn’t fit the aesthetic, quality level or too many figures in one place it starts to look like a garage sale.

• Like Like x 3
  12. PwrdOff

PwrdOff Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    These days I feel like a lot of collectors like the idea of having a particular toy a lot more than they like actually owning it. Whether we want to admit it or not, as adults having that dream toy just doesn't really hold our attention the way it did when we were kids, because most of the time they just sit on the shelf gathering dust rather than being played with and transformed like they were intended to be. And in my experience at least, whenever I've tried to keep my toys boxed up and organized, it wouldn't be long before I decided I didn't really miss them and sold them them off shortly afterwards. I think one of the reasons FT had so much success with the Dibots was precisely because you couldn't just buy or sell them at your leisure. In order to have that perfect display, you had to buy into the line early on, and stick with it all the way through, because by the time the next one was out the last one would be pretty hard to find, especially if you were going for the X versions.

• Like Like x 3
  13. SuperGrimlock

SuperGrimlock Cybertron Driver License

I just want to complete my set and have an actual matching set of dinobots for the first time ever. I've had soar and sever to go with my mp grimlock since they released because g1 snarl, swoop, and grimlock were the only three I got as hand-me-downs way back. I just recently got back into trying to run down some transformers figures and stumbled on a scoria and snatched him up. I just ordered Grinder from toyarena. And its just plain dismal to find a stomp. I looked into a gp as a filler but it just seems a bit too off for me and they seem really scarce as well. And I really feel like it's just not worth completing at this point for the prices on eBay. That and any reasonable ones were snatched up as soon as people got their stimulus checks. And I really don't want to blow most of that check, whenever I get it, on one figure. The rumors of a reissue gave me a little hope but it doesn't seem to be confirmed as far as I know. Kinda wish fans toys could start going back through all their releases to reissue a couple each year or so. I see so many listings posted by collectors wanting practically everything that fans toys has done.

• Like Like x 1
  14. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

The one glimmer of hope would be if Fans Toys have their own factory because they might need to have more production runs and they know there is a lot of demand for their dinobots.

there have been a few reissues promised of their other figures, like Quietus and Sovereign, and many designs waiting in the wings so it’s difficult to see why they would keep going back to the older moulds though.

15. jtwong27

From what Bobby skullface said in his review of fans toys warpath, they do have their own factory.

Best to pm dailanji if a stomp reissue is coming or not

16. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

I don’t think Bobby was conclusive in what he said about that.

I have Stomp anyway so I’m not really bothered either way.

17. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece, Encore and 3P collector

News Credits:
    If anyone is looking for a Stomp (or Sever or Grinder).
    Here are some pre orders. Price is fair for a Stomp nowadays.
    Maybe interesting for EU buyers.
    Shop is valid and very professional.
    Fanstoys FT-07 Stomp - Pre order

18. Balzari

Balzari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What's the story with these Dibot preorders? Are they freshly manufactured figures or had they been lost in the back of a store room somewhere?

19. Durrin

Durrin Well-Known Member

Well, I jumped on it. I’ve been hoping for a reissue but $372 shipped is the best price I’ve seen around, especially new. Hope it’s legit. Tired of having 4 Dinobots.

20. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    looking at their pre orders for other stuff it looks very sketchy they are doing a bbts and have pre orders for things no one else has