Fanstoys FT-02 Acoustic Wave (MP Soundwave)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Seth Sunthay, Jul 13, 2019.

1. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    no, what i'm saying is casting off blasters and other accessories from the bot to alt mode to me is akin to casting off tires from alt mode to bot mode. they are "part" of each respective mode, and shouldn't just "disappear". i'm not advocating lazy engineering, i'm all for better engineering… but also respecting that there are limitations that sometimes have to be accepted as compromises. and in this case nostalgic to the original G1 toy. you keep saying you'd rather not have the G1 toy battery storage backpack, so do you prefer the MP method where the blaster converts to batteries (still) and just hangs off the back?

2. octobotimus

octobotimus # Make Devcon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes I prefer they would just be able to peg into the back rather than have a larger pack in the back. And I very much disagree with weapons somehow being similar to tires being thrown to the side. A closer comparison would be his feet being thrown off to the side. A robot does not need his gun to be a robot who can function as a robot. A car can not function as a a car without wheels.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Craigmcgowan1984

Craigmcgowan1984 Wallet prepare for devastation

News Credits:
    I don't get this argument you guys are having on here the back is clean it's not a large back piece at all and if you want something that looks like the old MP style get mp13 or one of the many ko.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    and a portable cassette deck can't function without batteries, and i don't see how batteries work sitting outside attached to the back??? unless this is a retro through back cassette deck that has been released and the batteries are now USB style plug in??? :rolleyes:  LoL

• Like Like x 2
  5. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Already own it, old mold, needs update.

They are hidden, it doesn’t really matter that much if they are actually inside or not, fake batteries after all. Can’t just pretend car tires are there like you can with batteries. Fake batteries compartments are nowhere near as functionally needed as car tires.

6. Craigmcgowan1984

Craigmcgowan1984 Wallet prepare for devastation

News Credits:
    couldn't agree more update needed badly. That's why I'm looking forward to this one, hell I would have liked the original acoustic wave too it's design was great.

• Like Like x 3
  7. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    but i feel part of your argument is that it makes the bot mode suffer… you don't need the tires in bot mode, do you??? :rolleyes:  in this case i used the example of tires, but you can just say that for almost any part of alt mode. where you can literally ditch them on a whim if you really want the best bot mode out there. and if that's the case why even bother with transformation.

to you tires matter. and to some of us, prob everyone that is basically saying the back battery storage is fine by them because the blasters turning into batteries and then being stored in alt mode "properly" is to some degree important to us, be it for realistic alt mode, or due to nostalgia towards the original G1 toy, which is what this is and all prior G1 soundwave is based on. and then there is others who really don't care as they aren't as bothered by stuff going on at the back of a figure.

8. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    Soundwave's battery guns are a defining bit about the character that's part of him since day 1, and has been in most versions of the character. To not have them on Acousticwave would be begging for trouble. I think they take up very little space in Soundwave, honestly. Many times, having the ability to store multiple tapes at once seems to be the driving force for a deeper back.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Enfin

Enfin Destron

Divebomb looks really good. Massive wings. Reminds me of Horizon: Zero Dawn in a way. These bots need to come with a Build-A-Figure Aloy :D 

I really, really thought I was in the CangToys Predaking thread :D 

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  10. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Easy solution that they didn’t do because over complicated transformations are in their nature. They could have just made the battery backpack removable. Would have made for a clean back, and you guys get to still keep that apparently necessary function. But looking at the back, that can’t be done because they over complicated a simple design. So now soundwave is almost as thick as MP44 is....

• Like Like x 1
  11. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Yoinkus

News Credits:
    Wrong thread?o_O 

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tarnation

Tarnation New Member

Instagram:
    Does anyone know if theres any upcoming events where fanstoys might show us some more images or even a testshot of soundwave?

13. Stephen Basinger

Stephen Basinger Active Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    TFCon Toronto starts September 4 and TFcon Chicago starts October 23.

It's unclear if they will actually go forward, though.

14. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is 'possible' (don't get your hopes too high) something will be shown in July, that is when TFCon Toronto was originally scheduled. The show itself had to be delayed, but it is unknown if FT will keep to the schedule and show things online or wait for the show in September. TFCon did share the March 3rd Party Panel online after all.

15. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Best way to speed up development is tease another 3p soundwave. Just make up a new company name and tease a soundwave. Should see a Colored prototype pretty quickly after that.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Tarnation

Tarnation New Member

Instagram:
    hopefully they show anything they may have planned to show off in July, and even if they dont show anything theres still a good while until the next TFCon so by then there could be a few more of their next releases out, meaning that they might be able to get more stuff done with soundwave and the others

17. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot

News Credits:
    That message is also posted in the CANG thread where it belonged!

18. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster No relation to the Autobot, ironically. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If dailanjj or FT proper showed something off come July, if you ask me, it'd most probably be a colored prototype of Dead End. Much how we got the random Drag Strip prototype shots, then the pre-order.

19. mouschi

mouschi Well-Known Member

All, I was thinking about getting an MP-13 or Toy House Factory - do you all think this one (I think that's due to come out end of this year) is going to be better?

20. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    Doubt highly it will be out this year

• Like Like x 1