Fanstoys Dinobots - versions planned

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Loosecannon, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

Ok, this is starting to annoy me. Fanstoys are releasing the 5 Dinobots, what do we know about them?

Slag/Scoria - cartoon version (with alternate faces) released.
    Slag/Scoria - toy version (no release date set).
    Slag/Scoria - comic version (no release date set).

Swoop/Soar - toy version (Oct/Nov)
    Swoop/Soar - cartoon version (Oct/Nov)

Snarl/Sever - toy/cartoon combined (Jan)

Sludge - ???

Grimlock - ???

Have I missed anything? Are there any other versions planned?

It's just winding me up knowing which ones to pre order, which ones not to bother with etc. Soar is an example of this - neither the toy or cartoon versions match the comic, so will there be a comic version?

2. Illmatic

Illmatic Well-Known Member

^ Huh? I don't understand your crisis. Fanstoys is releasing MP versions of the whole Dinobots team with 2 versions, how is that a crisis?

3. Loosecannon

We'll technically there are 3 possible versions of each toy. Only Scoria has a confirmed comic version. Are others coming? Not coming? Will there be a Soar figure number 3 that is red with a gold beak? What versions of Sever are planned since only one is available?

Even your post shows just how little we have confirmed...

Too many questions for the money they cost for if you do get the wrong versions. I just need to know which to buy, which to wait for.

4. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Need black, SG and G2 versions.

5. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Uh, Scoria doesn't have alternate heads nor has a toy version been released. Only the cartoon version. Soar's the one with alternate heads.

6. shiin

shiin Well-Known Member

Scoria has alternate faces (closed mouth and open mouth, both in silver and red).

7. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Ah, right. Misread.

8. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    As far as I remember only Scoria and Soar will have both toon & toy versions, possibility of all figures getting a comic version to match MP08X, but all we've been told is that would be a low run and cost a bit more for the silver paint. I'd take the comic versions with a pinch of salt until we get any new mention about them.

9. Paik4Life

Paik4Life Reviews

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Sorry, but why would you EXPECT their TOY or CARTOON versions to match the COMIC? The plan was to have comic versions for everyone that will match MP-8X in colors. So one would probably assume that doesn't just mean silver but also the use of the slate blue instead of black.

But you are right in that little has been confirmed of other releases. I'm personally in the line for cartoon and comic versions but FT has been silent on the comic versions for a while. Which probably means no change in plans.

dalianjj has been less active as of late, but that is probably due to the fact that they are speeding up the releases of their dinos.

~Paik

10. Loosecannon

I only knew of a comic version for scoria. That's why I expected the toy/cartoon version of Soar would contain bits to create a comic styled one since there isn't much difference. It's not like there is a nice clear post explaining the plans for the releases.

Sever is a clear example where only one figure is announced/up for pre order.

I want to make it clear I do not have anything against any particular figure etc, I just want to know what is planned to come so I know what I am spending $1000 on with a company. Is that really too much to ask?

11. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    god give fanstoys a chance :)  i'm sure if scorcia is getting a comic version the others will also be on the horizon they can only do so much at any one time innit

if your scared of buying into one set then liking another recolor just sell up and buy the ones you want

12. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    With FT committed to their own Grimlock now, and using the booster feet as a place-holder for the moment, I don't see FT making the 08X colors for Grimlock, then going BACK to make the others... unless they are charging $400+ to make the limited run and costs worth it...

I think by the time Grimlock is released, people will be 100% Dinobot-ed out, and FT would be wiser to capitalize on a new different set of figures.

13. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    why not ask dalianjj via pm he's quite approachable when it comes to messages he answers your questions if he can :) 

i would presume not if you have a rant up in the pm though :) 

14. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    How is asking about the release plans for a set of products that you are planning on dropping $1000 for not 'giving them a chance'? Both TF Source and Kapow are out of stock on Scoria already. I assume that BBTS wont be far behind, and toy version release information has vanished into some kind of limbo somewhere behind Soar (both versions!) and Sever. And 'buy them all and sell the ones you dont want' isnt really a solution at $200 a figure.

Its true, FT can only do so much, and maybe they dont even know if they will produce a comic coloured version of Soar until they see sales for comic Scoria, which is fine, but it would be nice to know.

15. Loosecannon

And I know the answer!

Toy and cartoon versions of Scoria and Soar.
    1 "joint" version of Sever, Sludge and Grimlock.

Then a limited edition release of all 5 in comic colours.

16. jbot

jbot Disciple of A3

News Credits:
    Smoke 'em if you've got 'em?

17. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    blaze em up :lol