Robot Paradise RP-01/01B Acoustic Wave (Formerly FansToys FT-02) G1 Soundwave & Cassette

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Seth Sunthay, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter

I'm not sure what to think of this tbh.
    It looks fine but I'm not in the market to pay to replace all the cassettes when I'm all in on the ocular max ones and already have a full set of mini mp ones from mp soundwave.
    He'd have to be show stopping for me to pick him up and I just dont think he'll be that far ahead of the mp.

2. DanielTorres99

DanielTorres99 Well-Known Member

Well I would say the fact that the majority of the beginning of this thread shows that most people are happy with their MP 13. And yeah, I specifically mentioned those two because I know they have versions of them out already. But like you said yourself, they are just pretty decent. like I said, KFCs blaster feels pretty cheap and I know a lot of people wouldnt have to think too much to swap out, same thing with scourge. I think Andras is too small and could also use a little more heft. Heck, scourge lends himself well to having different companies doing him so you can have different versions forming your sweeps rather than the same mould three times over.

3. SmokePants

SmokePants Well-Known Member

I'm on board. Going to sell my Hasbro MP Soundwave soon. I much prefer the lower half of the FT version.

And just so nobody is blind-sided by this kind of news in the future, you know that FT is eventually going to do their own Optimus, Megatron, Magnus, Seekers, etc, right? Just FYI.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DanielTorres99

DanielTorres99 Well-Known Member

It is for that reason that even as a business move it is not a good move to make a character that people already have on their shelves, especially soundwave which is one of the more highly regarded MPs that has been released, and still fits in pretty well with their new aesthetic apart from perhaps those side leg panels. It is just a waste of time and resources, especially nowadays where people are starting to lose interest in buying more MPs as they either have 95% of the characters they want or just wanna drop out of collecting. Why not make characters that people will not even have to second guess getting, like the protectobots? theres still no MP version of them out there. theres not even any PLANS or renders of any of them out there by any company so why not beat everyone to the chase? as FT loves doing

5. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MS-01, TE-01 and MP-44. Maketoys Meteor. FansToys Hoodlum. FansToys Blitzwing. Their Brawl and Warpath and Beachcomber and Hugfer and Cliffjumper and Seaspray and Springer. Theee different Menasors. Two different Superions. Multiple Bruticus and Predaking and Devastator.
    There are so many examples that totally invalidate your argument.
    Just because one character has been done, once, and YOU like it, doesn’t mean that no other company should touch it. And when there are multiple versions of a character and YOU like none of them, that’s not an argument to push it to the top of the queue.
    While you personally may think MP-13 is fine and doesn’t need replacing, FansToys clearly feels differently and plenty here seem to agree. And while you may think KFC Blaster isn’t up to snuff, plentyof folks think he’s fine. In that case however, FansToys also think he can bettered, as they teased a sillouhette of Blaster as well.
    The gist of your argument basically seems to be that you want to pick and chose what needs replacing and what is worthy of staying. That’s fine for your personal collection but is 100% invalid for the MP collector market as a whole. As for Protectobots? They’ll come eventually but FT already have two combiners underway and a third traded in sillouhette. They want to make it clear that they are not limiting themselves to combiners. They’re doing everyone.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Same. The TT one was a disappointment, like they stopped designing it when they got to the waist, and for some reason we’ve only had middling KOs instead of a better attempt.

These thing seem to turn up in multiples, so hopefully there will be a choice of G1-style MP Soundwaves

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shanxs

Shanxs Open your eyes. Can't you see?

• Like Like x 1
  8. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    i wonder if takara will do it again and kill this :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  9. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I'd hope the cassettes are seperate releases. Nothing is gonna beat MMC there so I'd rather save money, that said I'm sure he has a slight ab crunch in effect in some of those shots.

You know Soundblaster repaint is nailed on too. Might be of interest to ppl as an 'upgraded' look over Tak Soundwave

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Trikeboy

Trikeboy Well-Known Member

There was something throwing me off about Ravage and I realized what it was, he looks like a dog, not a Jaguar. With one small edit to the ears it can look more cat like. I hope this kind of fix can be implemented.

upload_2019-7-14_21-28-33.png

• Like Like x 26
  11. The brown note

The brown note Well-Known Member

That looks a lot better

• Like Like x 2
  12. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Even though HasTak's is a masterpiece and is not leaving my collection, I'm getting this. Another MP G1 Soundwave is way overdue.

• Like Like x 1
  13. weevil

weevil CHUG Fan!

News Credits:
    It is back!

14. weevil

weevil CHUG Fan!

News Credits:
    Finally, its back!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ninjahandz

Ninjahandz Well-Known Member

Does Fan Toys really think I am going to drop money on a figure that has been released to death by Takara/Hasbro/3rd Parties???

...yes I will.

• Like Like x 2
  16. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 Well-Known Member

Hmm. I like. Not sure if I will drop big coin to "upgrade" Soundwave and pets, but I like.

A little worried now that many 3P companies are not only adding new characters, but redos. I mean, there's thousands more characters to be done the first time.

Also concerned at how 'toon every company is headed. How much longer until we get get laughably goofy alt-modes and upscaled-PVC-figurine-looking robot modes?

Oh yeah: not-Ravage still looks like a canine. I look forward to some company making one that's MP-compatible with lots of subtle changes to return Ravage to a feline.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They will be small minicassettes. How would full cassettes fit into Soundwave?

Also, full cassettes aren't G1 accurate at all.

• Like Like x 2
  18. tk7261

tk7261 Well-Known Member

I like the idea of having options for Soundwave. If this one turns oh awesome or so so at least there will be options.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love official MP Soundwave so won't be swapping out with FT. But I'd be all over Ravage (or even all the cassettes) if they offer it separately.

• Like Like x 3
  20. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 Well-Known Member

Why? They were microcassettes in MicroChange, "G1", and most subsequent releases. They scale fairly well, too.

Me, too. I wrote that earlier (albeit without Photoshop wizardry) and....crickets. You write the same thing, 11+ likes. Thanks, boards!

Seriously, though: Anyone producing "G1" Ravages: This is your chance to return the character to a feline. Shorter heads, correct ears and longer tails will help. Now's a chance to improve just one of the cock-ups from the original series.

• Like Like x 1