FansProject XFire-02A Explorer and XFire-02B Munitioner Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by daelite20, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    Pol has a point. I know I wouldn't mind Flameblast & Warcry's load outs, but I already have Explorer & Munitioner, & rarely get repaints.

2. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    I'm sort of in the same boat - but I'm really tempted to pick up the Munitioner and Explorer kits though so at least I have the accessories for Bruticus (which I don't have). The more pics I see the more in love I am with this combiner but the price is still O_O to me. Don't know how to explain this one to the wife!

I actually think Flameblast and Warcry look better but without the add-ons I feel they are so limited for future expansion....

Decisions decisions!

3. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Where do you guys get your 4 blade rotor setup for Vortex? Because that episode where he leans in with the blades spinnin' is always on my mind! And if anyone could drop me a line I'd appreciate it.

4. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

I would definitely recommend getting the set while you still can, they are great figures whether you plan on forming the Brut or not.

The thing is that you don't need to trackdown a ROTF Bruticus Maximus, any combo will do. There has been countless different combos shown and I can't say that anyone looked "bad", that is how awesome the FP add-ons are. You can even buy the other three pieces individually too, but the price of these FP sets are going to go through the roof once they are out of stock. So if you plan on tracking them down, even more you should grab Munitioner and Explorer ASAP.

Of course the molds of Munitioner/Warcry and Explorer/Flameblast are GREAT! So if you aren't going to buy the FP sets, I would definitely recommend buying the Causality figures instead.

5. Keith Prime

News Credits:
    Colors aside, the only other real question you need to answer, if you aren't going to use the Bruticus parts for the others, is: do you want the shotguns & what they split into, & are they worth the extra $20 or so you're going to pay for them.

Flameblast also has a different head & sword/ tailfin, so if that's what's bothering you, it's still the same question: +$10+ for the square head/ ax?

They are awesome figures either way. You won't be disappointed w/ whichever you get... It's just the colors, Flameblast vs. Explorer's head/ blade & which weapons you want that you need to think about.

I guess you could always sell off the Bruticus parts you aren't going to use to those who get Flameblast & Warcry, since FansProject did leave the combining parts in place (if you weren't aware of that, go watch Vangelus' reviews of Causality).

6. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    I didn't quite follow that in Vangelus' reviews... What parts are missing in the Causality guys? If one wanted to make Brut, could you do it with just Flameblast and Warcry?

7. Keith Prime

News Credits:
    Flameblast & Warcry have all new weapons, & don't come w/ any of the accessories that Explorer & Munitioner came with:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Warcry get's a full turret/ shield (& those tubes/ barrel extenders), which replaces Munitioner's gun, & Flameblast gets a new sword/ tailfin, to replace Explorer's tailfin/ ax/ sword/ Bruticus' combat knife, & some other new parts (boosters & guns). They don't come w/ the weapons to form the shotguns either. It's like 1/2 the plastic they lose! Swindle & Blast Off came w/, like, 7 - 10 accessories/ weapons/ combiner parts EACH.

However, they still retain the connection ports to attach to those parts they no longer come with; so someone who didn't get Munitioner & Explorer, but got Warcry & Flameblast, & can get ahold of the combiner parts, could still make a Bruticus w/ them.

8. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    ^^ Ok thanks for clarifying for me!

9. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    for the "extra 20 bucks", you get:

2x transformable shotguns (imo the BEST things ever. They are really well done)
    1x transformable sniper rifle (this is also an awesome weapon)
    1x bruticus back cannon. This thing has a 5mm peg. It can be used by voyager+ transformers. It looks really awesome. I have 3 of these.

And the rest of the parts, if you are any customizer, you would like:

2x articulated hands (these can help you make a combiner)
    2x missile racks (you can do slight mod and arm your TF's really well)
    1x Bruticus head (can use this as a base to customize a head)

And then misc parts that can also be useful depending on how creative you are.

So for 20 bucks, that's what you are getting.

10. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    OK, just pulled the trigger on Munitioner & Explorer (ordered from robotkingdom). I want to at least have the option to build out Bruticus at some point.

Thanks guys for the info and help! And thanks to my wife (who's not reading this but deserves mention) for saying OK as well haha.

11. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

I'd totally pay $20 to get an extra set of those accessories.

12. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    so would I. that's why I don't understand why sometimes people say that "oh flameblast/warcry gives the better deal, because you are paying 20$ for extra accessories..."

I guess, if you look at upgrade set's markets, 20$ for those parts, those weapons, those things (which are GREAT for customizers) are worth more than 20$ for me.

13. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Now to find a Bruticus set...

14. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I was gonna order from there too but they just sold out :cry 

what are they chances of fansproject doing another run of them?

15. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Don't give up checking robotkingdom... When I was buying mine it seemed to be the last one in stock, but then midway through my order (I took a while before I purchased) there was suddenly 2 in stock... So I dunno maybe try again!

16. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    toy arena still had sets of them last i checked

17. Keith Prime

News Credits:
    Finally have a pic of Bruticus locked in combat w/ Voltron to post. It's just my new Sig: a preview of what's to come in Chapter 3, since I'm still 4+ updates from starting Chapter 3, & getting the cast to Planet Arus.

[​IMG]

I have a better quality version, but I didn't upload it to the site my comic is on. If anyone is interested in it, let me know.

Let me know what you think.

18. brittap

brittap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got mine from robotkingdom today.....HOLY CRAP IN A HAT... I love this set, everyone should have this

19. Iconicon

Iconicon Well-Known Member

Agreed! This is one of my favorite figures as well as one of my favorite combiners. I enjoy it so much I ended up building one with Flameblast/Warcy.

The fun part is changin them up with the different Bruticus Maximus / Nexus Maximus figures.

20. brittap

brittap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They took a figure I only touched to move it around on the shelf to make room for more figures or to dust, and now I can't put it down