FansProject X-10 Browning II (Highbrow)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 12, 2014.

1. thelastson82

thelastson82 Ankle tilts!

News Credits:
    Whatever, man. I'm no expert either, but I'm pretty sure that it takes a lot of $$$ to make these toys. Who's to say that they don't have the coin to develop their product at a faster pace? I'm pretty sure if that were the case or similar, they wouldn't share that information and they wouldn't be obligated to do so, either. You also assume that making these toys are a priority for them. What if it's not? It wouldn't be surprising considering how many people are only interested in "MP" or IDW-inspired toys right now, which FP aren't making.

FP are just slow with their releases. They always have been. They are a 3rd party toy company after all. Just because "fans" are impatient, doesn't mean that there's necessarily a problem with their "business model". But hey, at least you can vote with your wallet, right? I'm sure that'll teach them for constantly delaying their toys!

2. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

I remember when they dropped CODE on us and it was out less than a month later. That was cool, but there was obviously a lot of clandestine shit going on for quite awhile behind the scenes there.

I appreciate the fact that they let us know Highbrow was coming. In fact I know we have seen Snapdragon, but I'd love to get some confirmation from them that things are going well and we can expect to see a Hardhead and Apeface in the future from Jizai and them as well. I'd like to know what their plans are for Headmaster juniors like Minerva etc. I could handle them telling us that now and being patient, but of course some people would be all over them like...

"HOW LONG AOG DID THEY TEASE APEFACE!?! AND WE DONT EVEN HAVE A TEST SHOT YET!?!"

So they probably don't like revealing things to far ahead any more I imagine...

LOL.

Just relax and enjoy the ride people.

3. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They should probably release Snapdragon and Apeface first, and make some attempt to beat Hasbro to the punch. Then by the time they release Hardhead, the Hasbro one will be long off of the shelves.

4. TheGrognard

TheGrognard Well-Known Member

Hasbro Apeface is already announced. Enjoy.

5. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

6. Deth

Deth Well-Known Member

OH God no.

7. deruberhanyok

deruberhanyok Likes the G2 neon lights

I don't suppose you guys can take all of this discussion about whether or not you like Fansproject somewhere else, and we can just get back to talking about not-Highbrow?

8. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

Highbrow is in stock at TFS now.

9. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    This is quite a novel idea.

Let's do it.

Please keep the topic on the figure itself.

10. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    I'm definitely in for Browning. I don't care that Hasbro's doing Headmasters now; I didn't start collecting the Function-X guys because I was hurting for Deluxe-sized Headmasters on my CHUG shelf, I started collecting them because Code and Smart Robin had really neat transformations. And maybe since I'm not simply looking to fill some sort of perceived hole in my collection, it doesn't bother me that there's a 7-month gap between Browning and Crox (not counting Positum since he was a repaint). They'll get here when they get here.

11. mattomaton

mattomaton ...

No reviews on this guy yet?

12. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This! I want this for my Function X display, not my Transformers display. These guys are almost all marvels of engineering. They all look great. They make take forever to come out, but it's not like they're competing with Hasbro. There's a huge difference between these and a $18 Hasbro figure.
    I do wonder how they're going to fix the head problem...

13. murphytronus

murphytronus Im not Shardimus

I agree so much with this.. The engineering and transformations have been marvelous throughout this line.. I have had several hours of enjoyment out of each figure and I'm not looking to replace them or fill any gaps.. I feel like hasbro will rush their headmasters out we will all be all over them ( I'm buying all of them including fort max for my son) and their thunder will die down. Then function x will continue on its way with a ape face hard head and snap dragon and we will see people adopt the line all over agin

14. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My thoughts exactly

15. TheGrognard

TheGrognard Well-Known Member

Whenever people get all "lol Hasbro is doing deluxe headmasters these guys are obsolete" I think about the giant croc head on Skullcruncher's back and laugh to myself

16. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed, and I am also in on Browning. Despite me being upset at FP for taking eons to release these figures, they are definitely preferred over Hasbro's renditions. I am looking forward toward their release of the Horrorcons, I just don't want to wait till my retirement age for it come to fruition :lol 

Soo much this. I fell in love with Code practically due to his transformation engineering. Very intuitive and solid. Smartrobin was equally as impressive if not more.

Have people actually said that? :lol  Too funny. I know many might turn to HasTak's releases due to price and availability (which I believe, coupled with FP's lethargic release schedule and terrible comms, will hurt FP's sales). But F/X line obsolete? Exaggerations. Too many are either too invested, too in love, or simply prefer these designs over that of HasTak's.

Non-video review already up. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...694-fansproject-function-x10-browning-ii.html

17. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

Once again, though I could care less about The headmaster gimmick, I'm well on my way to being seduced by the figure and its transformation. I'm really intrigued by the non-bilaterally symmetrical leg transformation. The figure looks very nice, aside from the big noggin inherent to the gimmick. The articulation looks improved over my other FX figure (Smart Robin), and I like the use of the rotor blades.

18. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Got mine today from BBTS. Some initial thoughts:

- Transformation reminds me of UUUU
    - Plastic feels a bit lighter, but could be my imagination
    - Robot mode is nice and clean with good articulation
    - "Feels" like a function x figure
    - Transformation was not a problem without instructions. Felt much easier going from helicopter back to robot than vice versa.
    - The asymmetry of the legs blew me away. More little bits unfolding than I expected.
    - Alt mode feels a little more cobbled together than some of the other function headmasters

All in all a solid effort and a "return to form" for this line, though I have't disliked any of the headmasters. It's not going to supplant Smart Robin at the top, but I think it will rank somewhere in the upper echelon with UUUU and Code for me in the long run.

19. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm looking forward to him. Function X are the crown of my 3P figures.

20. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    look in the "reviews" section of the 3p forum