FansProject X-10 Browning II (Highbrow)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Dobbie

Dobbie Starting to look like roast beef! TFW2005 Supporter

@TFXProtector
    Geezer...? Odd choice. *smh* And not all of my post was directed at you. I responded to several people in that post. Please don't delude yourself into thinking it was just your point that made me comment. It just so happened to be in the mix of posts, simple as that.

So you can use the word Chief but I can't use a colloquialism like Geezer.

You obviously choose to read what you want to read, here is a suggestion. Read the posts, work out what you want to say, write it down and then throw it in the bin. Then say something constructive and pleasant instead of hammering others for their opinions.
    I was specifically responding directly to your specific response to my general response to others posts. lols, lots of responses!

What amazes me is that my comment was simply a lighthearted comment to which you, I hate using these phrases, white knighted it and slammed anyone else's opinion.
    You then go on to tell someone what they actually mean because you googled a word.

You sir, are going on my ignore list, also what are you doing in this thread anyway? (This is a rhetorical question please don't feel the need to respond)

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eeeyup.

This figure is a perfect example of why I'm not going to pre-order 3P figures anymore.

3. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    There is absolutely no reason to preorder 3P figures these days.

4. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, here in HK the preorder price is usually a few dollars lower (maybe 5 to 10%?) than the retail price. In which case, preordering something you are really planning to get makes sense.

5. tekering

tekering The Ref

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I preorder third-party product because I want to show support to the designers, manufacturers, and retailers, most of whom are fellow fans who share our love of the franchise in all its forms. There's a lot more financial risk than financial gain in this market, and I want to do all I can to help.

That's patently ridiculous. What makes you think they deliberately delay their own product releases?

6. draconious380

draconious380 Well-Known Member

I never understand people. Fansproject goes silent for long periods, and doesn't update unless they have something worth showing, that's how they've always been since l got into 3p at the Shadow Commander set. Why is anyone surprised or upset about lack of updates and delays only now after nearly 10 years?

7. motorthing

motorthing One of these days.........

News Credits:
    Oh look, another thread where "sides" have to be taken just for having an opinion and people can't possibly see much less understand that the other "side" has a point..........

FP takes a frigging age to release their stuff. Simple. Some people are cool with that, some obviously aren't. There isn't a right or wrong stance in there, just what works for one and doesn't for another.

I stated my opinion and it can't have been that controversial because others stated the self same thing directly afterwards. I like their Product (still) but I feel as a Company they've let this market pass them by somewhat and taking this long to get through a series of figures that aren't huge, multi-member Combiners or CityBots probably "shouldn't" take this many years - especially when the IP Holder has gotten around to releasing their own versions of these very same characters in the immediate future.

That's it, nothing that needs a fight there. Right?

I'm still buying this (yes, I dared to preorder) and if they do get around the Hardhead I'll get him too. But absolutely no breath will be held for that.

8. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From Fansproject on Facebook:

[​IMG]

9. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    VERY interesting on a few levels:
    1) FansProject actually felt the need to respond to this - they're NOTORIOUSLY shit at communications. Not only with their nonexisting release "schedule" but also their change in chroming the regular Severo release (still not addressed by FPJ officially . . . .)

2) I thought they had a superawesome hookup at the factory, which is what allowed them to be the 3rd Party pioneers that that are (were?) A factory that makes spoons or something. Did they change factories? Did they lose their hookup?

10. Dobbie

Dobbie Starting to look like roast beef! TFW2005 Supporter

What a good response from FP, I wasn't too fussed about cross compatibility but it is great that they are considering the opinions of those that like to have that option.

I know nothing about there dinosaurs as I never fancied getting them.

11. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm impressed they actually responded to an issue. As much as I hate their delays and lack of communication, I do love their products, and will continue to go all-in on Function X, Lost Realm, and Ryo-oh.

12. deruberhanyok

deruberhanyok Likes the G2 neon lights

It seemed a really odd design choice given all the thought that has gone in to these figures so far. So it makes sense that it wasn't a design choice but an error in production.

Glad to see they posted something about this so quickly.

Also, looking at the picture comparing the three solerons to the one FP posted, it looks like the legs and arms are wider than they're supposed to be, too.

Hope that's the extent of the QC issues with this guy. I guess we'll find out soon enough since he's shipping.

13. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I call bullshit. Their page got hacked. FP never, and I mean NEVER says squat! This was a late April Fool's joke :wink: 

14. Skyfire87

Skyfire87 Phase 6r

I've been out of the loop for some time on Tfw. Just got too busy to keep up. I've barely even lurked. Relied on fb for news.

What is the issue with severos packaging?
    What is this about the standard severo getting chrome now, I thought he was supposed to be un-chromed to differentiate from deluxe version that was chrome and came with extra target master and throne?

Sorry for probably old questions. Thanks in advance for any info.

15. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think anyone's as much surprised as much as they are now frustrated to the point where they can now bail, as TFXProtector said.

^Everything Motorthing said.

Canceling isn't drama either. Not even sure why that connotation was even brought up.

16. EKSOBITION

EKSOBITION im a kidult

I would have assumed they have been using the same factory as Maketoys. Guess not.

17. CybertronianFan

News Credits:
    I agree with this, but regarding FP only in part. I too want to see the company thrive, grow, and become continuously successful. However, pre-ordering alone isn't enough. We need to bring it to their attention when they screw up. FP has been screwing up for years now, but, despite repeated attempts, they appear to not heed our plea. Do you think people will still be inclined to support pre-ordering FP products if keep repeating the same offense over and over again?

I will admit, I am shocked (had to check my heart for a sec) when I heard FP actually addressed a concern regarding Browning's headmaster's peg size. I still think we're being punk'd. I am thankful that they did, but at the same time, this should be the standard for them, not the exception. They should have been much more communicative and adhere to better release schedule from the get go rather their current MO.

18. thelastson82

thelastson82 Ankle tilts!

News Credits:
    Regarding the last part, how can a company adhere to a better release schedule if they don't have full control over that? You make it sound like they have control over this and they are purposely delaying their products for shits and giggles.

19. CybertronianFan

News Credits:
    Shits 'n' giggles? :lol 

I can see the occasional delay here and there. But being consistently that far behind for that many years and you're still going to try convince anyone that they have no clue of what the problem is and/or they haven't been able to come up with solutions to it? I'm no business major (hell minor, or even a novice at it. Let's face it, a new born chimp with a mental deficiency/illness can run a company better than I can) and I can tell you that has to be one of the worst business models/organizations in history. C'mon now.

They can only hold on to that excuse for so long before some one has to ask "What fuckery is going on here? That shit doesn't work? Change it. It still doesn't work. Change it again. It STILL doesn't work? Fire the assholes responsible and c h a n g e it." Hell, they just let go of the project manager for the headmaster peg size on Browning II for that incident alone. You still want to claim they don't know what's going on or control over their release schedule for all those years? I'm truly sorry, but I'm not buying that line of bullshtako.

20. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

Being bombarded by nonsensical and lunatic rants is probably the #1 reason they don't show up on message boards often.

You may be on to something here...

I believe someone else has asked you, what do you think they are gaining by not releasing product? What motive do you see behind their actions? Or are you simply claiming they are incompetent? In which case are you at all experienced to judge on that situation? I don't think your hours of watching that Apprentice show with Trump qualify you to make the call.

I want this FX line to finish ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2016