FansProject X-10 Browning II (Highbrow)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd been hoping that this line would eventually transition to things like Powermasters/Godmasters and maybe even Targetmasters once most of the Headmasters were done. With how slow this line is going, I've pretty much given up on that hope being realized anytime in the next few years, if ever.

2. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My concern is that tons of people will end up bailing because of Hasbro. There's room for both... I would love Target and Powermasters too, but I'll settle for getting ALL of the Headmasters first.

3. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If they end the Function X line after Browning II, they should make bodies for headmasters not getting bodies. Would love to see FP tackle the smaller headmasters.

4. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nah, because if rumors are true (and a LOT of them have been coming true lately), all of the heads will eventually get bodies from Hasbro.

5. Razor24

Razor24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Action Robo's verbal estimate of March not enough of an update for you? :sly2: 

6. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So much anger.

*smh*

FansProject will get to it when they get to it. That's their problem, they don't give a shit about dates, numbers or PR. They know we'll buy their stuff, sooner or later, so they just put it out whenever they want and move onto the next thing.

They've probably put the Headmasters on hold to get those ridiculous Classics Prime mold armor kits out. I think it's great that they want to salvage an outdated mold for people who have incomplete figures, but they need to figure out which track they're on and keep with it.

This is part of the reason Hasbro's killin' it right now. They're finally giving us what we want and some of their stuff looks to be pretty solid in terms of lineup, if not quality.

Perhaps this is FP waiting to see what Hasbro comes up with. Why make a 3rd party figure at 4-5 times the cost of an official one and try to compete?

If I was them, I wouldn't do it either. I have to be honest, I've been waiting on FansProject's Hardhead, but I have to admit that Hasbro's looks GOOD. It's only $15-20.00. FP's will be at least $80.00, possibly more.

I prefer FP's Chromedome, I'll be sticking with it since it's one of my favorite figures, ever, but if Hasbro had beaten them to the punch, I'd pay the $20.00 or less and be happier than a pig in shit.

FP's kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place here. Then again, part of their problem is how they handle their audience and the lack of communication, so, perhaps they deserve this a bit.

Besides, it might get them to drop their prices a tad and that's good for everyone involved.

7. dominusveritas

dominusveritas Arizonacon™

News Credits:
    It's not a bloody update, not really. It's the frikkin' end of February. It's not coming out this month.

8. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

I thought we all knew by now that trying to guess FP's release schedule is pointless as they sort of just release stuff according to the whims of a dark cosmos?

But yeah, I suffered through Herc and the Throttlebots. Not hitting a deadline in Chinese New Year doesn't mean much in my book.

9. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Pitty, was hoping to see an update.

Not that it really matters...

Not me. I've jumped ship.

I thoroughly love(d) Code, UUUU and Smart Robin (and Sigma & Crox a bit less), but Crox was the last I bought. Period.

Reason one is the huge amount of time needed to release this figures. If they had 'stuck' with two per year, I likely would've bought them all. But they didn't.

Function X were among the best when they started with this...years ago. Not anymore. When I got Crox while not a bad figure, it simply paled in comparison with other, likewise priced 3rd party figures we get today. For what you get, they should be half the price they charge. If I have to pay the same amount for a Function X headmaster as for a MMC Feral con, the function X figure looses. It simply isn't enough or good enough for the price. Not anymore.

Besides, from day one I found them to be too small to fit anywhere. They're probably aimed at a classics collection and they work with the classics seekers, but are way too small with any of the CHUG Autobots (save classics Jetfire perhaps).

I will definitely keep an eye on these figures and enjoy the transformation video's, I will defnitely keep the three Decepticons I have (not so sure about Code or Smart Robin....I'd buy a quality oversized KO instantly), but I won't be buying anymore.

And if Fansproject had kept up a steady pace of releases, e.g. two per year (plus easily done repaints), I would've bought them all.

10. Ekreth

Ekreth Well-Known Member

In early february I asked TfSource and they said that they don't have an exact date too, they speculated that it is pushed to march or april because of chinese new year

11. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    2013 - Code (though limited quantities were available at the end of 2012), UUUU, and Smart Robin. Also repaint Virus.
    2014 - Sigma L (this was the crappy year)
    2015 - MADLAW (not a headmaster but part of the line) and Crox. Also repaints Code (new colors), Combes Robin, Knight, and Positum.
    2016 - Browning II (hopefully)

12. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Uhm, wow

Well I figure I'd post something/anything from Action Robo since they tend to be closest to them. The last part was just a feeling I had in passing. If it's canceled (not saying or starting a rumor it is before a member here gets their panties in a bunch), it'll suck, but I'll get over it.

You took a statement I said in passing and totally blew it out of proportion... :rolleyes2 

If this "not really" update bothers you so much or have so much hope in an actual update, you should get another hobby.

Get over it. It's a figure for a very small niche in this fandom.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2016
  13. iamgnahk

iamgnahk Well-Known Member

It'll come when it comes. I've already got it pre-ordered. Waiting a bit more isn't really an issue.

14. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

especially if its "original" molds or some off the wall repaints? Definitely:cool: 

15. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't believe it's cancelled. A delay doesn't mean cancellation.

I'm cool with March. I don't ever understand peoples impatience. It's just a toy. It'll come out when it comes out.

16. Strike Creamsicle

Strike Creamsicle Likes the G2 neon lights TFW2005 Supporter

Has anyone seen a prototype yet? I know there's the snapdragon one going around, but I still wonder if we'll ever see one or if this is just going to pop up fully formed in a "hands-on" newspost, and then ship the next day.

17. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    I'm keeping my preorder whatever. This may be the last FP Bot I actually want.

18. Ekreth

Ekreth Well-Known Member

Nope, they never showed a prototype if I remember correctly, btw they did the same with Revolver, it just suddenly went on pre-order at every major e-shop.

FP's communication is pretty bad from the start

19. Jugulator

Jugulator Yoroshiku!

Almost same as you except maybe for X-87 Not-Hardhead in 2028.

20. soybean56

soybean56 Well-Known Member

I just don't understand the impatience and fickleness. If you like the toy, enjoy it when it's released. If you'll jump ship for Hasbro because it'll be released first, then you weren't truly interested in the Function(X) version in the first place.

Also, I really don't understand the comments about scale and where these "fit". I'm interested in the toys because of their cool transformations. If Browning II was neon green and orange and a different size I wouldn't care. I like the toy, not the character it's "supposed" to represent.