FansProject Warbot WB-002 Steel Core

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Dark Skull, May 9, 2012.

1. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

one on ebay for $155 or best offer...

2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pics?

3. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    c/o TFao.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Nice! Thanks TFaoChoc!

5. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    everyone said FP wouldn't redo Munitioner and Explorer and they did, so I can't see why they wouldn't do another run of steelcore. Assaulter and Defender can stay as one shots though.

6. das_hermit

das_hermit Decepticons forever!

I don't - didn't have what you'd call disposable income when it came out, and can't find one for a reasonable price now. If they do a re-release with the trailer I'll pick it up, if it's just the trailer then I won't. Likewise, many people who have the original release probably wouldn't spring for another full set just to get the trailer.
    The smartest move to do sales-wise would be to release the trailer both with a re-run of SC and without (the latter being that much cheaper, obviously).

Totally agree on the 'easter egg' count though. For the role I (might) have for SC in my collection the troop transport deal works fine, but it'd be nice if part of it spiced up the figure or at least turned into a little base for the Core figures or something as well.

7. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    - I really hope you didn't take what I said as "Everyone who ever wanted a SteelCore has one", because that's really not the case. What I'm saying is that I don't see a sudden boom in SteelCore interest from people who don't already have one because of the trailer... or at least not enough to sell out Thousands more. That's just my opinion though. Ultimately I'd hope everyone can have everything they want in life in general and hope you can gnab one whether they re release or not.

- Yea, exactly on the spicing up the figure thing. I think another part of me wanting it to do some other things is that I display my bots in bot mode, so if I didn't have two, I'd just have Steel Core in bot mode and a trailer just... sitting there by him. Kinda' boring to think of displaying it that way!

8. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    I was under the impression he would at least get the black/virus version...or was that an assumption?

9. das_hermit

No, not at all.:)  What I would suggest, though, is that the 3PP market has grown a lot since SC was released, and while the trailer in and of itself probably isn't enough to motivate many people who don't already have one to buy it, I do think that the ridiculous aftermarket prices are probably stopping a lot of people who would like to buy from doing so.
    If they do a re-release of the SC figure with the trailer I think a reasonable number of people would buy it, less because of the new trailer but because it'd mean they had a chance at getting a relatively affordable SteelCore. The trailer is just a bonus. I think there's a lot of quiet interest already there, is what I'm saying.
    I'm not totally sure, but I think the Green Giant reissue/re-release sold fairly well, and that was a full gestalt without any extras. Of course SC isn't an homage/"G1" so the nostalgia factor isn't there, but it'd also be quite a bit more affordable than a 6-member combiner.

For me personally, I won't be devastated:wink:  if I miss out on SC, but if I can find one for a reasonable price then I'd quite like to have it in the collection. Same thing for Green Giant actually, but you know...3P gestalt prices.

10. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I wish for a Virus edition as well. ;) 

11. rodimusea

rodimusea Aspiring Primus

Virus edition would be really cool!!

12. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Glad I got a chance to look at this post on my computer, because on the phone yesterday it was really disjointed looking.

- Honestly, they can do 20 re releases, and there's always going to be people who say that they never got a chance at it even if they were around for all 20 releases. FP's the only company that even DOES re releases from what I see so I think people take it for granted when they expect three and four re releases.

- Random: What was the original MSRP for this guy? I honestly don't remember but think it was $100? Or was it more?

--------------------------------------------------------------

@DaimChoc/TFAo - Thanks again for the blade storage tips. It fits perfectly and snug in both modes.

13. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it was $80 through FPC.

14. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Well, shit.

15. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ha. actually looking at my invoice it was even cheaper...

$69.99 plus $13 shipping.

16. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    I get that it's a great toy but that means its selling for double the price now. Definitely see why the ones a t retail aren't moving now

17. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

18. das_hermit

Yeah, sorry 'bout that. I was trying to be clear about what I was saying, since these boards tend to be prone to a lot of potential misunderstanding, especially when so much of the discussion here seems to come down to reductio ad absurdum-type arguments.
    Sadly, that requires covering a lot of possible bases, which means the straightforward readability aspect can suffer a little. I'd hate to mistakenly put words in your mouth, just as I'm sure you'd be reluctant to do the same to me.:) 

What I was getting at was very much this:
    Even besides the ludicrous markup, for what SteelCore is it's just not worth it IMO. And I'm an Australian living in Japan, so I'm used to paying double (if not more) than US prices for TFs.
    Up to $100, maybe $120 with a hell-kickass trailer? Sure, I can see SC moving for that. $150-$160 for just SC itself? Pass. And I doubt I'm alone in that sentiment.

FP is in this to make money, same as any business. Even with inflation they could make a tidy profit on SteelCore given the aftermarket prices and the growth in the 3P market, especially if they do something even halfway special with the trailer. And this is FansProject, and their first original creation so to speak, so chances are they're not going to settle for just a troop-transport.

That said, I do hope they do a separate release of just the trailer at a reduced cost, so that those who already have SteelCore can get it without having to pay for the full set.

19. rodimusea

rodimusea Aspiring Primus

Great pic, TJ. Thanks for sharing.

20. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    @Das_Hermit - And that's just the thing: Making money. I think that it's something that people who already own it will buy but I don't think something as simple as just carrying bots will be enough to warrant a full run, but who knows. End of the day, I'm just conversating my thoughts and really don't care what they do outside of releasing the trailer.

Now, if it does something else that's pretty cool, then hell yea I think a re release with it would be in good order!

Thanks!