FansProject Warbot WB-002 Steel Core

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Dark Skull, May 9, 2012.

1. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

its hard to hold on to this thing (i just bought one for myself) knowing those inflated prices. he will be rereleased and he will be cheaper again. why not sell now? i like fp, but my heart lies with g1.

im just too damn busy really.

2. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

It does click when you drop it lower. Should be a total of 3 clicks and you're in place to go into vehicle mode.

3. originaljk

originaljk Technobot

Really. Is everyone so up in arms about the whole Fansproject Steelcore situation that we're starting to go after one another. There is always going to be people out there that see an opportunity to make money and they do it. In this case you call anyone who makes money selling SC from buying multiples a sclaper. I don't think so. How many times has any of us wanted to buy a figure after it is sold out and had to pay more for the product. I just paid almost $300 for the X-fire Bruticus upgrades. How much did those cost straight out of the factory? $50? Why are they so expensive? Is the seller a scalper for making $200 off of me?

The answer is no. If a person buys 3 SC and flips them on ebay for $200-300, that's supply and demand. They have the supply and the CUSTOMER, the one WILLING to pay that much for the figure is demanding it and will pay to get it. If you call anyone who flips a SC a scalper the you can throw in BBTS, TFSource, RobotKingdom, and just about any other retailer into the mix cause they do it all the time. Don't believe go look at the prices of some of the things that have sold out and then they get a limited restock back in. Do you honestly think they are going to sell that restock at the original MSRP? Absolutely not. They will jack up the price and make money because they know someone out there wants that figure bad enough and they will pay for it.

What's even funnier is I see people on here that received their SC and are complaining that they are seeing people make money by selling theirs, all the while the peolpe that missed out on gettin the figure are asking for people to sell theirs. And aren't complaining or bitching that they have to pay high prices for it. And if they don't want to pay that price guess what...they don't buy it.

I'm disgusted by all of the self indulgent whining cry baby bitching in this forum. Sniffle sniffle...my SC isn't here yet and FPC sucks because order number 132 got here before my order 131. Or, OMG I can't believe someone would stoop so low and wanna make $220 on a figure that just got released and don't look now but they did it 3 times. Gasp.

STFU people and enjoy the figure you got for $69.99. Quit complaing about other people making money off of a figure you own. Stop bitching that you haven't gotten one yet 20 days after they officially started shipping. You paid for it you will get one. This forum has turned into one giant bitch fest and its disheartening and sad. I weap for the fans that don't have one yet to enjoy and can't even enjoy through the eys of others because they have to read through all the morons in here that have turned this forum into a monstrosity.

And for all those wondering. Yes I ordered one through FPC. No I haven't received mine yet. Do I care? No cause I will have one. Would I pay $300 for one. I just paid $500 to get a Bruticus. $500 on toys that had I gotten them at retail when they were released would have cost me about $140. Talk about markup. If SC is worth it damn right I would pay $300 for it. Fuckers...I'm out!

4. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^
    I like this guy :D 

5. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

Calling people scalpers and then paying these companies money for more figures is silly. I mean these companies are making good profits off of figures too, are they scalpers of their own items? Is BBTS and TFsource and all the others scalpers?

I wish I had the money that day to get 3 myself. Those who are mad at scalpers are just upset they didnt jump on the bandwagon from the start.

Listen guys, when being sold at BBTS and those places, they will probably be 100$ or so, but if you dont like people selling him for 200$-300$ , dont pay for it. Wait for BBTS to get it and pay the 100$.

6. Coltello

Coltello Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes.

Anyway, if Steelcore is getting a $100+ markup, I'm totally buying two Assaulters; one to keep and one to "scalp". :D 

7. gv1128

gv1128 Active Member

It works Ajajai thank you!!

8. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

Sure thing...I'm glad something good could happen in the middle of all the scalp talk. Honestly, it's a sad reality...if someone is willing to pay $300 for an SC, why blame the seller. I don't necessarily like it, I probably won't do it, but I also won't have extra money to buy other TFs with either. So more power to you Duomaxwell. Can we all just drop this now and get along?!

9. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who's the more foolish; the fool, or the fool who follows him?

Or, who's to blame? The man who sells an $80 toy for $200, or the man who buys it?

10. bluesparrow

bluesparrow Puppet Prime Says Die

It's of course scalping. If you go to a sold out concert and there's a guy outside selling tickets at an inflated price, he's a scalper. He doesn't have to buy ALL the tickets to be considered a scalper. He just needs to have bought something limited and sell it a higher price after it sells out.

Here's the thing: scalping at this level isn't a crime that I know of. Is it ethically dubious? Perhaps. Are people going without a SteelCore because of this guy? Probably. Will that cause some dissatisfaction with them? Undoubtedly. But these are luxury items. Nobody needs or deserves or cannot live a happy contented life without a SteelCore.

I understand the temptation of getting something rare and scalping it. I ordered a Figma Samus Aran from Japan on an impulse. Got sucked up in the hype. Regretted the decision and here it sits next to my desk, unopened. I look on ebay and see these selling for $80-100(I paid $50). I'm extremely tempted to sell mine. I might end up doing that - I don't really want the figure. I'd have never bought it just for resale, though. The only reason I would sell it is so I can buy something I want more.

My point is, in the grand scheme it's a small ethical blemish at worst. But should this guy be flaunting his decision? No, that's really lousy, and borderline dickish to people who missed out. Have some dignity and keep your toy resale financial planning to yourself.

11. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^Agreed. Not everyone has the same ethics on things but bragging about selling sold out items on a FANSITE dealing with said items just makes you sound like a jerk, epseically when complaining about not getting one of your items you already sold on ebay yet. lol Personally I speak with my money and refuse to pay the insane prices some items end up going for, hence me not owning Shadow Scythe or SDCC Bruticus. Would I more to a fellow member selling theirs? Yes, but not the 2x, 3x price they are going for on ebay. Why does EVERYONE use the well if I start the price low and people bid more than its ok, but if I just list it for the going rate then its bad excuse? Yes there is always a risk when selling auction style but when you are selling an indemand rare item that has a history of selling for 3x the cost the odds are in your favor.

12. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You paid $500 for SDCC Bruticus? For that thing?

....wow. I'm pretty sure you could have picked up the Colossus set for less and had a few hundred to spare.

13. audio321

audio321 Well-Known Member

So by your definition that makes you a scalper since you said this:

I don't care what people do with the toys they buy one way or another. But don't get all preachy when you are guilty of the same thing.

14. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

It might be worth asking... Has anyone on this forum been unable to order the SC they wanted? Assuming every order is shipped successfully, have "scalpers" deprived YOU of this figure?

We had considerable lead time on this preorder, and I would say inflated prices now are the price you pay for not striking while the iron was hot. There's also another run of the figure on the horizon, so you might be paying extra for impatience now, but if you wait you'll get the same deal as we did.

Regarding $300 Steel Cores, buying to resell at such inflated prices is a little shady, but if people don't bite at that price it will go down.

15. knobbycon

knobbycon logorrheic egghead

A slow clap for reality.

16. Duomaxwell1017

Duomaxwell1017 Lt. to Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    Hey maybe I shouldnt of said what I sold each Steel Core for, but at least I was honest and admitted how much I sold each one for. You wont hear how much other people sold theirs for!! And I'm planning on taking the money I earned and put it to my new car fund. Planning on buying a 2015 Subaru Impreza Limited. Car is gonna cost about $24,000.00 so if I can make a couple bucks here and there it shouldnt be frowned upon too much.

17. Razor24

Razor24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Woah I step away from this thread for a couple of days and comeback to see it's imploded on itself!

Everyone just needs to chill and play nice again.

I am one of those that missed out on SC (you snooze you lose!). Sure it sucks if someone buys multiples with the sole intention of reselling for a profit but I guess that is the nature of 3rd party toys (especially for FP products!). I hold no grudges against anyone who does it but of course I would not go and pay those insane prices they are asking for on eBay.

If an item starts at $1 and blows out to over $300 I wouldn't call the seller a scalper. I would call them smart cash grabbers because they are just fulfilling a demand for a profit. Sure they contributed to the increase in demand by denying others the opportunity to buy it at a lower price from the original retailer but it's obvious people willing to pay those ridiculous prices or else it wouldn't be selling at all.

I won't be doing anything stupid on eBay because I know more is being released in the future at a much lower price!

18. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Pretty amazing post by JK, there.

19. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Honestly... if I could afford to get multiples of something for sake of selling at a small profit... I would.

Not gonna rip people off by reselling at double or triple the original price... that's a bit much. If it's someone I know, obviously I'm not gonna go and milk that much cash out of them either.

Can't say I can blame folks for putting him at double though... I mean look at FoC Bruticus. Lots of folks hate the mold, and I can see why... but the sucker sold for 200-300 almost immediately after selling out. It's quite tempting to take up profits like that.

Or better yet... pay a customizer the $500 so he can grab any version of the set, give it a damn nice paint job, and even retool it a bit so that it doesn't look so awkward.

20. originaljk

originaljk Technobot

Sorry for mixup. No I paid $500 for the FP Colussus. I only buy MISB (too many bad experiences with loose items). The Target exclusive Bruticus Maximus cost me $207.00. Not bad. Less than I've seen others go for, but the FansProject Munitioner and Explorer cost me $285 for the pair. Still have only seen one other set out there in the last month. So all together a $500 (after shipping) toy. Well worth it. Missed out on its original release cause at the time I wasn't collecting and sorely got back into it since (by sorely I mean to my wallet). That SDCC Bruticus doesn't compare to the FP Colossus, in my opinion.