Fansproject Stunticons / Menasor aka M3 / "Intimidator"

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by juise, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Theprimeoflegen

Theprimeoflegen Til all are gone!!!!!!

:lol 

2. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The thing that makes me happy is that it seems that damn energon port has not been sighted yet

3. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Could someone with a car crash or T-bone in hand confirm that you can deform the car in a way that doesn't move either of those two hex holes so the leg mode doesn't look so shinguardy?

4. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

no kidding

5. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Those are all absolutely hideous, and would cause many to cancel their orders if MM looked like that (I sure would). Not everything from Japan is awesome. (their interpretation of North American custom semis, for example)

6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think anyone can confirm that without having Motormaster in-hand, to see what kind of clearances are involved. Those two holes don't move much, but everything else could easily get in the way.

7. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

MAKE THIS HAPPEN, DEAR FP![/QUOTE]

I rather it have the slippers than loose stability.

8. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup, same here.
    The reverse duck feet won't be very visible on a shelf anyway.

9. Sanddeath

Sanddeath Cat.... transform!!

I ordered the first two, and now am happy. It will look great next to my Green Giant, and FP Bruticus(if FP ever decides to release the sets, geez, late march? really). I can't wait to see offical pictures of this guy.

10. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    MAKE THIS HAPPEN, DEAR FP![/QUOTE]

+ 1!! Holy Awsomeness! YES, I want that!

11. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    Considering that Motormaster has purple windows, it makes a lot of sense for his roller car to, as well.

12. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

Just guessing, but I think it will have them. A good portion of Menasor is using Colossus' combiner parts. Look at the hips. Same ratchet joints like Barricade/Onslaught and the waist plate looks the same as well.

13. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Just another reason I hate scrambling...it hurts the design of gestalts...because of the stupid gimmick, we now have tacked on (useless) shin guard cars :rolleyes: 

Yeah, there's no guarantee that w/o the scramble gimmick the legs would've been any better, but it's an almost certainty that w/o that restriction, a better design could've been possible

Totally agreed...I'd venture to guess 90% or more would bail on the project if MM looked like that...ugh!

14. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    Yup. Scramble-city has only ever hurt the looks of the combined mode, for something few will use/care about. No one wants to re-arrange Devastator, why the others? They are all equally "set" for their formations in the media portrayals, it's only the toys of some that allow variation. (Predaking is fairly set as well, he can only swap left/right)

It didn't matter much for the ultra-simple limb bots of the mid-80's (there was ittle to no difference between an arm and a leg and articulation wasn't an issue), but modern 3P combiners are 10x more complex and an elbow needs to work differently than a knee. There were very few compromises made for any 80's limb-bot to fill in at any position, but that's no longer true.

15. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    I don't think there is any worry of MM being badly colored. He's going to be a black, purple n grey truck. FP made the 4 cars paint schemes more or less G1 as they could get short of being the exact same models of car so I can't see them suddenly getting "creative" with Motormaster lol.

That said his engineering looks like its going to be brilliantly unique. Skeleton forming, parts forming is a small price to pay for a bot that looks this nice. I'm kind of amazed they've managed to get such a "robot looking" torso out of what is more or less a brick on wheels. Every one of the trailers panels/pieces must unfold and fold up some how, so cool.

16. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I rather it have the slippers than loose stability.[/QUOTE]

I was referring to the colour scheme. I would rather it have heels as well, but nothing like how they are now though, would prefer it to be at least a cm shorter.

17. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Similar =/= the same.

18. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Scramble city makes sense for kids,so it doesn't bug me for FOC Bruticus, but its dumb for more expensive collector pieces. I doubt anyone is buying their kids a $300+ Menasor to dick around with and abuse the way you'd have to to make scramble city a worthwhile gimmick.

Still while I do think the shin guards are I still like the lookof this and there is something kind of cool about just having two fully intact cars as legs.

19. originaljk

originaljk Technobot

I don't understand the dislike of the "tacked" on car look. Never saw anyone really complain that Colossus has 2 perfectly "intact" vehicles for legs. The only transformation done on them is turning Brawl's turret around 180 degrees. If you want to keep with the more G1 look that's how Menasor's legs are gunna be (and they were backwards). Personally if the prototype we saw leaked is closed to the final version, I think FP has a major win.

20. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    accurate ? I hope Computron will be a bit taller at least :D 

[​IMG]