Fansproject Stunticons / Menasor aka M3 / "Intimidator"

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by juise, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    As far as TFM Menasor, I'd definitely consider him MP scale since the cars are all the size of MP Carbots/voyagers. For me, Carbots need to be Deluxes to fit with CHUG. (And for the record, my stance is that the combined mode is the sum of the parts. No size shifting involved).

• Like Like x 1
  2. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wholeheartedly agreed! I still think if MakeToys re-fired up their MtCombiner series, they'd make a killing. I mean, how many on these boards wouldn't go ape-nuts over a MT Bruticus and/or Superion (amongst others Gestalts as well)?

I do not agree here. CW/TR stuff pales to MT's stuff. As much as I dislike to admit it, HasTak just doesn't do it for me anymore. I remember when I was excited to hear news about new stuff they released and eagerly scoured through the local brick 'n' motar stores in the search for them. Now, it barely phases me (even after the news about Toys 'R' Us closing down a lot of their physical stores). The only thing I was looking forward towards is TR Predaking (and I'm already put off by its Titan-class size).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Any imagine you see of Prime and Megatron from the G1 series pretty much matches up with TW’s Constructor.

TFM is about the same size as Warbotron Bruticus, TFC’s stuff etc. which are all voyager sized. Voyager sized bots made a voyager sized combiner.

In the case of TFM, all car bots are voyager sized minus MM, which one would think being the size of MP-10 would have equaled a larger combiner.

I agree sum of all parts should = combiner size. I don’t need it to be an extra 5 or 7 inches or something; but the small amount of help TW’s gets from its “parts forming” (which has been a part of this fandom since G1) is very welcome on a “MP sized” combiner.

4. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    True about TW Constructor. Figure's not my cup of tea, though (I personally find him atrocious looking and not a fan of partsforming).
    And in regards to Voyager car bots... I think for me it's mainly because I really don't have any car bots in voyager size at this point. I'd probably be more acclimated to it if I had more, but right now, they'd stick out like a sore thumb.

I won't deny, TFM's looks gorgeous. But right now, I have no place for him. All personal preference.

• Like Like x 2
  5. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Aesthetics and design matter a lot to me. TFM's Menasor isn't horrible, but to me it doesn't look nearly as good as the FP guys. TFM's gun looks....eh, it looks pretty dorky. I'm a gun guy in real life so guns looking good is actually pretty important for me. Dragstrip looks particularly bad in robot mode....though the alt mode is pretty ace. The Motormaster head...I have a problem with it like I do with the Hasbro Motormaster head....it looks pretty stupid and he looks like an infant throwing a temper tantrum. If I saw that in real life he'd lose any sense of intimidation. There's some more little things there but I'm not really going to laden this post with that.

Looking at M3 as a whole there's a certain elegance to it that I love.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Dead End has the best alt mode of the FP Stunticons.

IMG_20180124_061105.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  7. MasterScale

MasterScale Loose, comes with baggage...

Yeah... I didn't know that. :(  Just where I was at the moment. I guess being the internet, if someone thinks I am being rude or mean, I explain myself, apologize and leave it alone rather than continuing the behavior. Regardless, apologies about the display. :oops: 

Which Valkyrie is that?

Finally, for those that may be interested - as a previous poster mentioned - this set is indeed up for sale, used, at TCP

Fansproject IMTIMIDATOR (MIB)

8. kazukun

kazukun HAACHAMACHAMA~

Looks like the 1/60 Arcadia VF-1J Max version.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    I was doing some research and comparisons, and maybe im missing something or something is wrong but this is what I found.
    TFM Havoc stands ~14"
    FP Intimidator stands ~12"

One is considered to be MP Scale and the other not due to its individual bot modes. I haven't been able to find too many comparison pics, but what i did find is that Intimidator and Giant are pretty much on par with each other. Giant is not considered MP scale. so how does this work?

10. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    80's logic

11. Honesty

News Credits:
    MT’s and FP’s combiners are all scout sized, with a small voyager-ish middle guy usually. These are no way anywhere near MP size and look absolutely ridiculous next to MP’s. Some of them being bigger than the entire combined mode.

Stuff like MMC’s, TFM Menasor, TFC stuff usually all consist of voyager sized bots with a large voyager, or MP-10’ish torso figure. Again, depending on the MP (like FT Skyfire, MP-10, Megatron) even these look somewhat silly next to them.

Then you have Constructor, which looks the most normal next to MP figures. Depending on the scenes in the cartoon, it is usually a very good match/comparison. He can pick up and hold MP’s like Prime and Megatron.

Now, whilst what I said about the sizes and stuff may be factual, it is completely up to the individual on how to display whatever they like. If you think M3 looks awesome with your MP’s or voyagers, then sweet. :) 

12. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    that being what it is... shouldn't figures that are bigger combine to a bigger combiner? maybe im just confused there. also.. no.. I have been collecting the 12" combiners (FT, MT) as big bots for my legends collection

• Like Like x 1
  13. Honesty

News Credits:
    Right. Constructors bots are all a half a head/head shorter than MP-11 (as shown on the scale chart) and combine into a pretty big combined mode. They have a little help to make me slightly bigger, and he looks better for it.

And the FP/MT stuff probably looks pretty good with legends figures :)  maybe slightly too big, but you can do the whole space magic mass shifting thing there haha

14. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    20180122_142020.jpg 20180122_141027.jpg

15. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  16. Blitzsword

Blitzsword Autobot

Are there people that are willing to pay that much for this set?

I'm contemplating on selling mine which have only been opened once.

17. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It appears so. TFS sold a MIB set for $320 and another for $330. Retail was $430. Ebay listings for MIB or New sets are typically close to retail. It seems to be one of the combiner sets that holds it value pretty well. Even well-used sets on ebay go for 200-250.

As someone who hunted for the team members individual last year, I'd say another factor seems to be that the Dragstrip is very rare to find mint condition. I had the most trouble finding a good Dragstrip and a Quadruple-U Weirdwolf when I shopped for fansproject figures. Fansproject yellow figures seem to be particularly popular for whatever reason. They are very nice CHUG figures, so it kind of makes sense why they hold value.

• Like Like x 2
  18. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    I've lost my instruction book for Diesel/Motormaster. Does anyone have one they don't need? Also, did he come with a collector card?

19. Blitzsword

Blitzsword Autobot

Gotcha. This was really helpful! Thank you! I'll have to consider selling mine then.

• Like Like x 2
  20. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I know instruction scans are out there, I might have them saved, let me look. And he did come with a collector card.

• Like Like x 1