Fansproject Stunticons / Menasor aka M3 / "Intimidator"

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by juise, Jul 28, 2012.

1. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
    AAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNDDDDD mine has left BBTS! Should have my POL tomorrow!!!

2. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    put them on and rotate, thats what you are missing :D 

3. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even though I've had him since the start of the week I've only had time to get Diesel to bot mode and have yet to start on combined mode.

So for those of you still waiting on delivery, a few pictures to celebrate Diesel, because I think he's getting overlooked a little here ;) 

[​IMG]

I've moved the truck kibble up on to his shoulders, it doesn't get in the way and the head now feels more like MotorMaster:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    And, done. Holy hell the instructions are bad. Definitely worth having Peaugh's video running at the same time as that first transformation, cos the instructions are about as useful about what you're supposed to be turning as an Albanian road map, especially when it comes to the torso twist. Got there in the end though, took my time, played with all the tolerances and what nots on the way through.

The end result is glorious! Absolutely glorious! He is a magnificent beast. I'm not shy to admit that once I got him together, I stepped back and wiped a little tear from my eye. It's been a long, fantastical, heart rending and downright bizarre journey, but this is what it's all about, one sexy long streak of pure awesomeness in plastic form.

5. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got mine today!! I am totally stoked :)  and I'm completely in ruv with his Intimidator mode. Damn, who would have thought he had that much heft to him with all that on him :lol 

I can see how transforming him can cause someone to freak out. He seems complicated at first, but after carefully transforming him a couple of times, the fear goes away as you learn where to be cautious (and how much caution is needed).

Pics soon. trying to decide where to slap on the Repro symbols :) 

6. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I've been thinking on that for months. Sigh---why can't companies leave SOMEWHERE that's flat/blank for an insignia on the chest/shoulder? Grooves and bumps everywhere....

(Warbotron's Onslaught especially has this problem---there is NOWHERE for an insignia on robot mode, unless you want to cover up his windshield, which looks awful). And Onslaught has traditionally had big insignias, so even a small space would be "insufficient")

7. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Not bad to say you rage quit the project about six months ago! ;) 

I'm surprised no one's posted a pic of his Zaphod Beeblebrox (Movie version) mode yet.

8. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    It is really irritating...it's like they design a PERFECT spot for a sigil, and then throw in a tiny recess, dimple or raised detail...Diesel for instance has a perfect place, but they ruined it with recessed details...ARRRG!!! :mad 

9. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did you pop off the wings at any time? It's possible you put them back on the wrong sides.

10. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never quit. I was upset with the whole pricing fiasco they did as well as Fansproject's customary wonderful lack of communication. I still think they way they went about it was low 'n' dirty, but I am enjoying the Stunticons nonetheless.

Bot mode was easy. A small, transparent background right small dab on his silvered area on his chest. Alt-mode is the one that's proving tricky to find just the right spots.

11. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It helps for sure. Though Peaugh's foot transformation did me no favors and I used the provided instructions to get it. peaugh also did his waist rotation very late, but in the instructions I think it's one of the first steps after separating the legs. It's easy to identify since they highlight the whole lower section blue and have the arrows showing a 180 degree turn. When I was trying to follow peaugh and the instructions at the same time, that threw me off too.

12. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    Yeah, that was where I concluded was the only option in bot-mode. But it's still small, and not his traditional "big one on shoulder" location. Plus the area still has some depressions there. I like flat smooth insignias, not partially collapsing into holes beneath them.

Combined mode is the really tough one. The location I had planned turned out to be the back of Diesel's head, so isn't an option, and would have been small anyways. I hope GI Eddie will offer a "plug" for the roller car, like he's doing for DF's chest, to provide a nice flat space.

13. Big Hache

Big Hache Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine shipped Monday from TFSource and I just got it today (FedEx), if that helps.

Great package and great looking figure. I haven't opened anything yet as I've been thinking about selling the set.

14. Bicycletronox

Bicycletronox Well-Known Member

Mine arrived today. soaking in the truck mode. Will transform this weekend. Happy with the stunticon team. Wish the set had more weapons for the bots.

15. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

I dig the the back wings up. Looks pretty cool.

16. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Mine came a day late because of the snow.

:banghead:  Aargh, I took my time transforming Diesel and watched the video reviews but I still snapped the tab on the front of the cab. Oh well, everything else is ok though. I like the look and pose ability of the Fansproject figures but man I cringe every time I make a transformation step.

17. LanceZzz

LanceZzz Well-Known Member

still waiting on BBTS to ship mine. it's been sitting "in warehouse" the entire day.
    really surprised it hasn't shipped yet. I ordered it within hours of it appearing on the site.

18. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which tab are you speaking of? Do you have a pic? I don't recall being on the look out for that...

19. sparkimusprime

sparkimusprime Coffee+Black=Delicious

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I've found shipping method plays a large part in the timeliness of which bbts ships a package. Typically I ship UPS ground, and for me those orders stay in warehouse status upwards of three to for days sometimes. Recently on a whim I shipped via 2nd day air. That shipment left the day I hit ship. In fact the handful of subsequent packages for which I chose 2nd day air all shipped the same day I clicked 'ship my loot.'

20. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    Only one more business day left for CP to get it in "this week"...