Fansproject Saurus (Dinoking Combiner)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jul 18, 2015.

1. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    They had piles of all four of the released members for $30 each at TFcon. Even at that price, I couldn't bite. The combined mode looks good, but the individual members are just...boring.

• Like Like x 1
  2. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks, that seal the fate of my preorder, just cancelled this after reading your input. Yeah, each members are boring.

3. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I actually think the individuals are the best part, whereas the combiner seems just okay. For $30 each, that's a steal. If these two end up at $40 or less, I'll pick them up to go with the four $30 figures, which means total price for the whole combiner would be around $200. It's easily worth that price imho.

4. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agreed. If $200 for the set, I will buy it.
    When I was watching the video review yesterday, I was asking myself "what is this guy transform into? And with such a simply transformation which almost not change in the looking...."

5. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As much as stuff with toys goes, that will really annoy me if FP doesn't do Monstructor at all. Part of the allure of this set for me was us getting both from this combiner (the other allure is, of course, someone actually doing Dinoking in the first place), especially since we get so few redecos of third party combiners despite companies having no issues pumping out various combiners over the past several years. I'm really hoping Monstructor isn't canceled and just on the backburner. I want BOTH.

On the other hand, I've been bitching a lot, including here just now, that third parties don't redeco their combiners into at least the obvious/"traditional" choices and am thrilled to hear anything new about G2 Menasor. I own the Hasbro version and that's fine but still much prefer the look of the FP combiner, so hopefully that does come to fruition (and doesn't take forever to complete).

That's what I'm hoping, that it's just the Monstructor shells that are out (that'd come out before) but Monstructor itself is still a possibility.

TFSource has put the set of six back on sale for $300 at least once since they originally did so and with all their FP sales and Black Friday around the corner, I'd expect it to happen at least once or twice more in the future. If you want it at that price, I suspect you'll have more opportunities at it at some point.

6. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i'm sure there will be another one

7. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Given how well this set has sold, I'm wondering how many retailers will order, over and above what they need to cover pre-orders?

8. alex1984

alex1984 Well-Known Member

I was super excited to see the reviews going up for these last 2 members, but I came away really disappointed after watching Peaugh's review.

Transformation didn't seem to be super involving, and the hips seem a bit weak. A neat set, but I'd probably hold out for the price to drop before picking one up.

9. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd maybe go as far as to say it's not even a transformation. But I can see a few fan modes making them work. Also it helps to keep in mind what these are a homage to. The original DK was a few cubes with the odd face, hand and wing it has it's charms and the oddly square look (for me) is welcome and very nostalgic. I'll agree the last 2 are a bit disappointing but they are true to their routes and I can respect that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's starting to sound like I'm the only one that really likes this set (bots only, not shells), even at full price.

11. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    at full price, nah, but for that below $300 these are very nice combiner

12. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't pay any attention to the "Official" alt modes - they are crap - but the unofficial ones are perfectly fine. it's the instructions at fault so it seems that they chose to say that is the monster mode - when actually it's the robot mode with a few bits moved around - they have way more options than that - usually the best starting point is the combination mode for a better beast.

13. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Nah man. I like them a lot as well.

14. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    love mine too

15. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love mine too. I'm trying to decide whether or not to just wait for the last two to go on sale... The last two shells are more a priority than the bots, since they're more limited in numbers.

16. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    At $200 I'd probably bite the bullet on the whole team, but $300 is too step for a combiner that is smaller than the CW teams. Can someone get a photo of combined for next to MP Star Saber

17. elj

elj Well-Known Member

I really like the shells too. I'll gladly support any company that is willing to do something different than the norm. "Variety is the spice of life." Isn't that how the saying goes? I'm still holding out hope for a Monstructor w/shells too.

18. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aren't these the same height as CW combiners when combined?

I thought they were.

19. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yep, roughly the same height. These fit in well with the MTCombiner series combiners from MakeToys, as you might imagine given the shared design aesthetics.

20. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Fiction aside... which of these groups looks better on a shelf going up against the FansProject Dinobots?

FP Saurus or MT Giant?