FansProject Protector Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by daelite20, Dec 10, 2010.

1. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

no doubt..i love mine more n more every day...now for my shadow to arrive:ev: 

2. ekocher

ekocher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    is anyone having a issue with the back of theirs in the vehicle where the black feet tabs plug into the middle part of the black back trailer part? mine wont stay tabbed in..i will edit this with a photo because of this the top part of my trailer wont plug in sometimes and opens up.

[​IMG]

3. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

Another win or FP! Got my Protector today! The alt mode came out awesome! The base car combines with the trailer pretty seemlessly and looks like one piece when together. It holds really solid too. I dig the hard edge design that is the FP style. The flames coming out the pipes is cool and I like the use of the flame projectile as the muffler flame. Overall the altmode is pretty badass, looks fast and is the ultimate Space Winnie!

Basemode Ive never been excited about but its definitely cool that they did the cannon thingy throwback! They didnt skimp either which gives extra points. It isnt just "open canopy, extent gun". The addition of the roddy roller drone thing is extra awesome was a great idea, glad that was done. The functionality is fun too!
    The botmode is straight up BEAUTIFUL! I thought Hot Rod was always a decent figure but puttin the armor on makes it an exquisite figure. Everything clips in easy and firm. The transforming involved is fun wth the legs and arms, pretty simple yet clever as hell in design. Adds mich needed articulation. The chest piece coming out slightly where the flames are really suprising! Didnt need it necessarily, but DAMMIT its cool that they thought of it, next level sh!t! FP thanks for this amazing set! Overall this guy looks badass in any mode and a MUST for all Classics collectors.

4. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I have been right with FansProject since the beginning, I own every FansProject set since the beginning(Cliffjumper set). I have yet to be disappointed in anything they have done. In fact, they have ALWAYS exceeded my expectations greatly. This is just another masterpiece in a great line of masterpieces.

Now if only they could do something with Universe Galvatron....

5. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Got Protector a few days ago, and made a review.
    [​IMG]

6. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cross-posting this from the "Let's see cool stuff" thread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Autobot X

Autobot X Check out my sales thread!

Interesting solution to the "Hot Rod can't hold Sidearm properly" problem. I like it.

8. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

same here bro...i own everything they have came out with x2(-the cliffy set)..and even w/ shadow coming im still probably gonna buy another protector..FP rocks...

9. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes! I found a way to store Firebolt/Sidearm in vehicle mode!

I transform him normally except for the helmet. I drop it in the hole that it normally would cover. Open the top of the camper. Then I turn Sidearm into gun mode and bend him in half, inserting him into the hole with the guns pointing forward. It fits perfectly. If you did it right, the shell of the camper should close up and seal with no problem, and the helmet is safely stored away.

My apologies if someone already figured this out.

10. Death333

Death333 aliases: Dx3, Dr. Whiffington, Hellscr333m

News Credits:
    The fact that there is no where for Sidearm to go in alt mode really bites. :(  This is an annoying oversight for me because I simply hate having accessories that have nowhere to go in alt mode.

I'm thinking about drilling a hole for him to fit on the side of the trailer. Peaughs solution doesn't do it for me because he just hangs out of the bottom and scrapes the ground.

That one nitpick aside, great, great piece and well worth the money.

I have one more minor quibble actually: The wheels on the trailer don't match those on Rodimus which gives it a piecemeal feel. Small detail (again) I know, but I just can't help it. Still doesn't change the fact that I'd easily rate this a 4 1/2 out of 5 which is the highest score I have ever given to a third party product and I own a lot of them.

11. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think this came up with City Commander, where the space between every other spoke pair is filled. The explanation, iirc, is that Fansproject is trying to avoid directly copying anything official.

12. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Did you even read my reply right above yours? I have a perfect fit spot for Sidearm... Maybe not as simple as a hole, but much more elegant than dragging on the ground. The cannons even face forward.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  13. Crossfire-034

Crossfire-034 Insensitive jerk

Just ordered the Battle in Space hoping that Hot Rod/Rodimus's colours would still work with the Protector armour... guess I was wrong. Ah well, hopefully repro labels will come up with something.

14. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Thanks for the tip, although some pixs would help to illustrate yr point further. ;) 

15. Death333

News Credits:
    No, no I didn't because this thread is fucking monstrous. Welcome to the internet.

16. Death333

News Credits:
  17. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's exactly what I discovered. The helmet even has room to fit inside the hole. Sorry for the lack of pics. I'm always on my iPhone and haven't been on my computer in a while.

18. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    hopefully FP makes one with altered colors knowing many people are going to have the 2 pack Rodimus now.

19. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am dying to see the trailer they release for THIS:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh man, that protector armor in the blue and green and gold is gonna be SEXY!

20. Shuanfu

Shuanfu Active Member

Just picked this set up, which means two things:
    1. my first official non-official purchase (1st 3rd party buy)
    2. my Transformers addiction is back in full force - my wallet hates me already